News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

'Catfish'

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, December 15, 2010, 05:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

Downloading now. Checked the Netflix description, which gives a different description than the trailer does of what this movie is about. we'll see what happens.

Black Death

ok ... going to check this out
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

! JDM The Professional !

wow...just wow....

SEE THIS FILM!!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on December 21, 2010, 12:42:50 PM
wow...just wow....

SEE THIS FILM!!

I am batting 2 for 2 on EFK on successful people who liked the film it seems.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

jagilki

I'm "in the process of acquiring" right now.

Black Death

Your 3 for 3  Ian

Great Film ...

watch this film...just DAMN!!!!

Marq

I saw the trailer for this a while ago, and while even I'll admit the trailer's a little misleading, the film is still one of the most emotionally gut-wrenching things I've seen in a while. Without spoiling anything, there's a level of sadness that these social networks bring out of people, and it really goes to show you just how much people genuinely need each other. Human being as social creatures? Yeah, no shit.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Black Death

Tim-Æ

Quote from: Marq on December 23, 2010, 11:40:36 AM
I saw the trailer for this a while ago, and while even I'll admit the trailer's a little misleading, the film is still one of the most emotionally gut-wrenching things I've seen in a while. Without spoiling anything, there's a level of sadness that these social networks bring out of people, and it really goes to show you just how much people genuinely need each other. Human being as social creatures? Yeah, no shit.

I agree as well Marq. I watched three movies last night - Devil, The Kids Are All Right, and this, and this was by far the best of the three. I think it would behoove some of us to watch this in conjunction with the Social Network as both touch on the basics of online communities. It has a certain twist to it that takes it from the realm of mystery and leads us straight into social commentary because of how real it is. A good film, definitely one of the better documentary style films out there, and way better than M. Nights crapfest or even two 90 year old dykes fucking.

Marq

Quote from: Timception on December 23, 2010, 02:04:11 PM
I agree as well Marq. I watched three movies last night - Devil, The Kids Are All Right, and this, and this was by far the best of the three. I think it would behoove some of us to watch this in conjunction with the Social Network as both touch on the basics of online communities. It has a certain twist to it that takes it from the realm of mystery and leads us straight into social commentary because of how real it is. A good film, definitely one of the better documentary style films out there, and way better than M. Nights crapfest or even two 90 year old dykes fucking.

Okay, let's give credit where credit is due. M. Night came up with the story, but it was these two other guys who wrote and put that dreck on film. :)

Tim-Æ

Quote from: Marq on December 23, 2010, 02:12:17 PM
Okay, let's give credit where credit is due. M. Night came up with the story, but it was these two other guys who wrote and put that dreck on film. :)

It was so lopsided. It started out boring, then when they are all in the elevator and the "whodunnit" started it improved. But the overly predictable ending was just too... well.. predictable.

Gary

An M.Night ending being predictable?NEVER! ::)

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Marq

Wait a second, Gary -- I'll take "hackneyed," "farfetched," and even "retarded," but M. Night's twists are far from predictable. In fact, the only thing predictable about the twist is that, well... there's a twist. :)

Gary

Please, for example Sixth Sense one which was the most "unpredictable" of them all (and it was unpredictable cause it was the first one), was easy to guess if you actually paid any attention to the film. I guessed it during the basement scene, and that was before the twists became his gimmick.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Gary on December 23, 2010, 03:11:25 PM
Please, for example Sixth Sense one which was the most "unpredictable" of them all (and it was unpredictable cause it was the first one), was easy to guess if you actually paid any attention to the film. I guessed it during the basement scene, and that was before the twists became his gimmick.

While you wait for a twist can you honestly say you predicted the twist in:

Sixth Sense
The Village
Unbreakable

Varying levels of good films, but I dont think you nor anyone else is truly Sherlock Holmes. One of the better films I have seen with an awful twist cause I figured it out in the first 10 minutes of it coming to light was the 'Prestige'
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'