News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Sausage Balls

Started by Rae, September 09, 2008, 08:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rae

Yes, the name is dirty, but I have no other name for them. Really easy recipe for a snack that is yummy. Great for holidays or football parties, though not the most elegant food, lol

Ingredients:

1 lb. hot sausage

1 10 oz. of cubed sharp cheddar

3 cups of Bisquick

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

2. Get a big pot and put it on your stove, turn the heat up to about medium. Throw in the cubed cheese and let it melt. Careful not to overheat and burn the cheese!

3. Once the cheese is melted, turn off the stove and set the pot on an empty burner and wait about a minute.

4. Add your hot sausage to the pot and mix with the cheese as best you can. I usually use my fingers to squish everything together, but you can use a wooden spoon, etc. DO NOT use a mixer.

5. Then add in the Bisquick and do the same. Mix everything together until the Bisquick disappears and everything is one big glob of stuff.

6. Get out a cookie sheet (you don't need cooking spray to grease the pan) and start making your sausage balls. They don't have do be round, most of the time I get a small handful and make them round and flat on the bottom to sort of look like cookies. They will most likely be mishapen, but like I said they aren't the most elegant looking.

7. Finally, once you get about 12 sausage balls on a cookie sheet you can place the sheet in the oven and turn on your timer for 15 mins. (You're oven should already be preheated to 350 degrees). Once the timer goes off, take out the sausage balls and place them somewhere to cool. Keep repeating until you have no more left in the pot. I usually get about 3 dozen or so out of this recipe.

So, that's it. It's pretty easy and it doesn't take long. Chris loves when I make these, so give them a whirl. Trust me, if I can make them anyone can.