News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

Dorling, are you still eating the same as when you last posted? If so how does it feel?

Thanks Sam for the recommendation on the SAD lamps. I did not end up getting one, thought it is always in the back of my mind now as I consider my day-today mental health. I had always just assumed we all suffer a touch of SAD in the winter. That does not mean of course that I shouldn't consider all options for dealing with it.

So... I am now 100% vegan. Have been for a couple of months. My main reason for this is that my son is determined to be vegan, and hence I am doing it with him in order to make sure we are doing it in a healthy way, tracking our intake of calcium, iron and B12.

Last year my focus was on running. This year I am backing off (still running long distance on weekends, and going to do at least a couple of marathons... first of which coming up March 13th in North Carolina). But the everyday consecutive running streak ended in December after 410 days. There were several reasons behind this. My knees were starting to feel the wear and tear, and I was neglecting other aspects of physical fitness. (So yes, I shaved my hair and beard, got rid of the Forrest Gump running look haha)

This year, from a physical point of view I am getting back to a more well-rounded schedule with more yoga and strength training.

I am also allowing more time for self-improvement in other areas. Not sure if it belongs in this thread because it is not related to physical health and fitness as such, but I personally find it harder and harder to separate the different pieces of the puzzle that go together for a healthy lifestyle.

I'm learning Hindi and generally stimulating myself mentally in other areas (such as playing lumosity). I'm also trying to become more spiritually rounded, like trying to apply the philosophy of yoga to all aspects of my life, or expanding my reading to encompass various cultures from around the world.

Again, not so much health and fitness related, but the whole thing helps me achieving my goals which include physical ones.

Hope everyone's getting through the winter in good shape.

Dorling

Quote from: Drama Queen on February 13, 2016, 01:51:15 PM
Dorling, are you still eating the same as when you last posted? If so how does it feel?

Trying, but have gone for a more moderate approach. Have cut down on things like bread, milk, chocolate etc, but now the weather is improving (the North West of England is a horrible place, don't come here) I can add to my 3 weekly hours of football (soccer) with some running and walking and generally being outside without wanting to hurt myself.

T-Bonizzle

Gonna bump this because...I dunno. Looking for ways to keep me honest I guess. So let's get this bump parade started!