News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Sambo's Baked Salmon

Started by Duckman, September 14, 2008, 09:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

I was talking about this dish I made for my dinner last night on the shoutbox and Rae said I should put it here.

Please remember that all temperatures are in centigrade, not farenheit.

Ok, first off get a decent sized salmon steak from either your fish monger or from the supermarket.  Wash it and scrape the scales off the skin, then pat dry with a paper towel.

Take a piece of baking foil about twice the size of the salmon steak and rub it with butter, make sure you use quite a bit as this is what keeps the fish moist during cooking.

Place the salmon on the baking foil, skin side down, season with salt and pepper and then break up a bay leaf and place on top of the salmon for added flavour.

Then wrap the foil around the salmon to form a loose parcel.  Don't wrap it too tight because you want it to steam inside the foil.

Heat the oven to 180 degrees and place the salmon parcels into a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.  Keep an eye on it as you want the salmon moist, not dried out.

I do this with corriandor and lemon cous cous and roasted vegatables.

For the cous cous, just cook it as it says on the pack and when you add the chicken stock, put in a good handful of fresh corriandor and squeeze in some lemon.  As the cous cous cooks these flavours will infuse into it and they go really well with the salmon.

For the veg.  Just chop up some courgette, onions, peppers and mushrooms and place in a large bowl.  Marinade in plenty of olive oil,  oregano, salt and pepper for about 30 minutes before putting into a baking tray and roasting for about 30 minutes (you can do this at the same time as salmon only put it in 10 minutes earlier.)

And there you have it, Sambo's Baked Salmon with cous couse and roasted vegetables.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.