News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Tim Tebow

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, August 23, 2011, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

& next to maybe the Jets, they have a top 5 secondary in the AFC, maybe even top 3, in Florance/Byrd/Wilson

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

Quote from: Cory on December 24, 2011, 09:27:59 PM
& next to maybe the Jets, they have a top 5 secondary in the AFC, maybe even top 3, in Florance/Byrd/Wilson

Steelers, Texans, Browns, Jaguars, Ravens, Chargers, Jets, Chiefs, Bengals, Titans.... teams in the AFC that allow fewer passing yards per game and that is with the 5th worst rushing defense in the NFL.

Sorry man, totally disagree with the Bills having a Top 5 AFC secondary. A lot of that has to do with how young they are though, well at least Williams and Byrd are and that the Broncos don;t really having any good receivers outside Thomas and maybe include Decker in there.

Tebow got hurt against that mediocre secondary because he was staring down one receiver instead of going through his progressions like he did so well against the Patriots last week. When you do that throughout the game... you get burned sooner or later.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Cory on December 24, 2011, 09:27:59 PM

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Yeah, gotta disagree. Bills are MAYBE a top 10 AFC secondary but should be nowhere near the top five.

Quote from: DnK on December 25, 2011, 12:26:44 AM
Tebow got hurt against that mediocre secondary because he was staring down one receiver instead of going through his progressions like he did so well against the Patriots last week. When you do that throughout the game... you get burned sooner or later.

I will agree with you about the Bills having a mediocre pass defense but can't agree with this. Tebow got burned this week because he was making bad throwing decisions not because of going through his progressions. He got better near the end but he rushed too many throws and wasn't checking for pass defenders where he was throwing. It was all about his decision making. Next week he's facing Kansas City which has a better Pass Defense than the Bills which should make things interesting. However Chiefs have a bad Run Defense which will help out with that since Denver is a Run First team.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Quote from: DnK on December 25, 2011, 12:26:44 AM
Steelers, Texans, Browns, Jaguars, Ravens, Chargers, Jets, Chiefs, Bengals, Titans.... teams in the AFC that allow fewer passing yards per game and that is with the 5th worst rushing defense in the NFL.

Sorry man, totally disagree with the Bills having a Top 5 AFC secondary. A lot of that has to do with how young they are though, well at least Williams and Byrd are and that the Broncos don;t really having any good receivers outside Thomas and maybe include Decker in there.

I meant that point by the players/talent there, not what overall team has the best pass rank, as a secondary isnt the sole reason for a pass rank. I think George Wilson/Jarius Byrd is only behind Revis/Cromartie, Clark/Polamalu, and Webb/Reed.

Im talking playmakers that force turnovers, Bills are the top AFC team in picks with 20.

Justin

So most people in this thread get on here praising Tebow and how good he is and stuff like that but when he has a game where he truly shows how shitty of a quarterback he really is it just barely gets mentioned and the conversation goes to something else.  Tebow is not going to be a tenured NFL quarterback.  The guy has a 48% completion percentage.  Yes, he has 12 TDs to 6 Ints, which is 2-1 which somebody blasted Orton for, but he has also fumbled the ball 11 times this year.  On Saturday he just looked lost and was throwing passes he had no business throwing.  That will be the Tebow people will see more times than not.  Their little magical run is long gone and it will be back to the old Broncos who will not make the playoffs.

And yes....MARK SANCHEZ SUCKS!!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Personally I dont think Mark Sanchez is that bad, I think the expectation on the Jets because of his loud mouth coach is the problem there...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Justin

His coach doesn't help matters, but Sanchez just doesn't have what it takes to win a Super Bowl and with the talent they have on the team they should be in contention every year.

T-Bonizzle

Sanchez leads his team to the AFC Championship game twice in a row, in his first two years, and he sucks? I don't understand the Sanchez hate. He's a good player. He's only been in the league two and a half years. They ARE in contention every year Justin, I don't know what you're smoking.

I don't get the Tebow hate either. He's literally played less then a full year. So what if he can't throw a pass right now? Reminds me of a Superbowl winning QB who couldn't throw either. You might have heard of Rothlisberger, you might not. Obviously he has to have some skills, he won the Heismen right? Nevermind that the Broncos have won more with him then they have lost. His throwing ability will get better.

GM Franchise

Jets defense is overrated. Tebow ran over them a few weeks back. So did Philly and the Giants. Eagles torched them. Jets aren't as good as they have been in previous seasons and it's not just Sanchez either.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

The Jets defense led them to the AFC Championship game two years in a row.  Sanchez did barely enough to not lose some games for them, but now that is coming out this year.  He just doesn't  have what it takes. When I meant contention, I really meant to be in the Super Bowl.  Now their defense has slacked a little which has also brought out Sanchez's shortcomings as a quarterback because he can't put points on the board for his team.

I'm not saying Tebow isn't a good football player, I'm just saying he is a sorry quarterback.  At Florida he was able to run all over people, but also pass however we all know the pro and college game is far different.  I don't know what kind of point you are trying to make by saying Rothlisberger couldn't pass.  His first two years, which were the only two years he has had less than 3,000 yards passing, was when the Steelers were by far a running ream with Jerome Bettis.  Rothlisberger is one of the top passers in the league so in my opinion that comparison has no merit.  And while the Broncos have won more than lost with him at quarterback we all know that the defense had a large part of that success much like the Jets with Sanchez, plus they haven't played a good quality team.

GM Franchise

Sanchez isn't the Jets only problem just like Tebow isn't the Broncos only problem. As for Rothlisberger he had Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, and Mike Wallace. Those are weapons. Take the weapons away and I don't think Big Ben would be putting up those kinds of numbers. The running game in Pittsburgh is underrated after Bettis left. They've had good runners there most notably Mendenhall. If he had the receiving corps Tebow has right now (a weak one) then the numbers would be similar. The Broncos haven't played a quality team? Patriots, Lions, Bengals, Titans, Packers, Chargers, Jets...yeah, I rest my case.

Cory

Sanchez has THE WORST decision making in the league, its like a 12 year old girl is controlling him in Madden or something.

He has 4 good games a year, and the JETS defense is playing poorly because they are aging, but with how often Sanchez turns the ball over, they get gassed very quickly.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Cory on December 27, 2011, 08:17:25 PM
Sanchez has THE WORST decision making in the league, its like a 12 year old girl is controlling him in Madden or something.

He has 4 good games a year, and the JETS defense is playing poorly because they are aging, but with how often Sanchez turns the ball over, they get gassed very quickly.

This sums it up about the Jets D and Sanchez right here.

jagilki

TALK ABOUT TEBOW MORE!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: JustinP on December 27, 2011, 10:40:02 AM
His coach doesn't help matters, but Sanchez just doesn't have what it takes to win a Super Bowl and with the talent they have on the team they should be in contention every year.

My answer to this is I would say 80 percent of the current NFL QBs couldnt help their team win a Superbowl. If I was to look at the NFL right now with injuries as well...I think there is like

Manning
Big Ben Rothrape
Tommy Tinker Pants
Rivers in the AFC

Brees and Rogers in the NFC

I know you can throw names around like Stafford, Ryan, Vick, Cutler and Shaub as decent QBs, but the above 6 would be the top of my team of winners at the QB position who can actually play Quaterback.

NFL is in a sorry state with regards QBs generally I feel with only maybe Dalton and Newton standouts for me in the last 2 years and thats being generous.

That to me says that Sanchez doesnt have to be a premium QB in order for the Jets to win and bearing in mind a lot of the options elsewhere in the rest of the NFL teams...I dont think he is that bad.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'