News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Awesome List

Started by Gary, September 13, 2011, 09:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

Good to hear DQ. I hope you find ways more ways to get involved besides protests soon!

Drama Queen

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on January 29, 2017, 11:51:20 AM
Good to hear DQ. I hope you find ways more ways to get involved besides protests soon!

This has changed me, and I feel the change is permanent... right now I'm protesting, but when things settle down I will be active in other ways both politically and with the community in general. Last night, I was actually planning to go join an Islamic group who meet up once a month to make sandwiches for the homeless. But then the urgent shit storm at the airports happened.

T-Bonizzle

Those kinds of actions...working for your community has a much more meaningful impact than protesting. I know some see protesting as productive, but it's only productive if there isn't something else you can be doing with your time. Which to me means it's never productive. It's fun and a good way to meet likeminded people, but it shouldn't be the end all of your activism. I'm a part of two local political groups where I live, and while we do political stuff like fundraising and campaigning, we also do a lot of charity work as well. Doing the sandwhich thing sounds like an A+ to me!

A good next step should be to find out what elections are happening this year where you live. Most states have elections every year. In PA we have a ton of judicial elections, as well as city councils, school boards, and small positions like that.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on January 29, 2017, 02:15:34 PM
Those kinds of actions...working for your community has a much more meaningful impact than protesting. I know some see protesting as productive, but it's only productive if there isn't something else you can be doing with your time. Which to me means it's never productive. It's fun and a good way to meet likeminded people, but it shouldn't be the end all of your activism. I'm a part of two local political groups where I live, and while we do political stuff like fundraising and campaigning, we also do a lot of charity work as well. Doing the sandwhich thing sounds like an A+ to me!

A good next step should be to find out what elections are happening this year where you live. Most states have elections every year. In PA we have a ton of judicial elections, as well as city councils, school boards, and small positions like that.

I must disagree there Bone. Protesting can be hugely productive and important in getting issues across in the media/to the average person who may not know about said cause.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

T-Bonizzle

It's only productive if you follow up on it, and have nothing better to do. In the course of activism there are more productive things. Community service, persuading people, recruiting more people to your cause, and voting.

But this is the Good News thread, not going to keep on this topic here.

Knuckles

found out wife is 6 weeks pregnant. hoping its a boy this time :p

The Refreshing drink....

T-Bonizzle

You know, they do make multiple forms of contraceptive.

Dorling

My ship arrived back in the UK today. I've only spent 5 days in my home country since the beginning of September, it's good to be back - will be even better in 19 days when my time on this ship is over and I can go home to see the girlfriend and family!

What a trip though; Cape Town, Valparaiso (Chile), the Falkland Islands, South Georgia, Tristan da Cunha, Rio de Janeiro and Ascension Island - I got paid to go to all of those places. This really is nothing like working in the office.

Jon

Proposed to my girlfriend today... she said yes!  :)

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Mike Powers

Dorling

Congrats Jon!

I picked up my new car today.

Rob

Congrats to all.

I was looking at getting a Beamer too Dorling. Fighting all my urges not to lol
SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

Congrats Jon! Nice ride, Dorling.

I'm going to Omnia nightclub for my birthday Saturday night. It's going to be awesome!
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Even better news, here's how the party is looking:
Women - between 20-25
Men - 4-5 tops including me 

8)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on March 10, 2017, 12:52:49 AM
Even better news, here's how the party is looking:
Women - between 20-25
Men - 4-5 tops including me 

8)

Hopefully you took advantage....well not slip something in their drink advantage...but you get my drift.