News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Awesome List

Started by Gary, September 13, 2011, 09:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug E Fresh

We found out our child gender today. My wife couldn't wait.

It's a boy! I'm so fucking stoked! 21 years and 4 months until I have a drinking buddy of my very own!

Cory

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on March 13, 2017, 10:24:09 PM
We found out our child gender today. My wife couldn't wait.

It's a boy! I'm so fucking stoked! 21 years and 4 months until I have a drinking buddy of my very own!

congrats man, love my little guy and I maybe the Browns will be not bad in 21 years!....(maybe)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Quote from: Justin on March 13, 2017, 09:52:03 AM
Hopefully you took advantage....well not slip something in their drink advantage...but you get my drift.

I definitely did. I got multiple dates organized yet it was insanity the entire time haha. Omnia was insane at Caesar's but everything else was great.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Duckman

Congrats Doug, that's lovely news!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jon

Quote from: Cory on March 13, 2017, 11:28:07 PM
congrats man, love my little guy and I maybe the Browns will be not bad in 21 years!....(maybe)

Unless you take him somewhere where 18 is the legal drinking age! That's what a good Dad would too!  ;D

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

jagilki

Doug E Fresh

Rob

Those of you that follow me on Facebook and Twitter will notice I've gone quite political!

I've found the whole experience incredibly invigorating. Win or lose on Thursday I feel I've found something I can dedicate myself totally to. Not only has it given me something to focus on, it's got me active too. On Friday I walked 9 miles campaigning, I plan to do the same tomorrow. Its only taken 27 years but I think I've finally found something I can really aspire to do which is politics.

Recent events have not made it easy and I won't include them in an 'awesome' thread, however it has given me a new outlook on life. So I am thankful for politics for saving me as I wasn't in a very good place at the start of this year having attempted suicide. Its been something I can truly devote myself to.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Drama Queen

That's awesome Rob, and something I can relate to. Embrace it my friend. Sorry about your struggle at the beginning of the year, but very glad you have found this calling.

Dorling

I've been getting more political over the last couple of years. I think that maybe in the future it's something I might think about doing. Travel the world a bit for Queen and country first though. Looks good on the old political CV too I guess!

While on that subject, I now know that my final, 2 hour oral exam, is on 13th July. If I pass it means I'll be a qualified officer in just over a month. 3 years have gone incredibly quickly and I've visited 4 continents and done some awesome stuff. And I've only just begun!

Drama Queen

From my Facebook:

I was going to post about my experience with Michael Franti & Spearhead and his amazing support act Nattalie Rize when I got home last night, but I was on such a high that everything I started to type just sounded like gushing fanboy stuff haha.

Not sure it's going to be much different now, I'm still buzzing this morning from it.

Truth of the matter is, Michael is a huge inspiration to me, he is one of the most positive people that I know of on this planet, and I turn to his music when I feel myself slipping in my quest to be the best person I can be and to generally live a life fueled by love. (I've been listening to him a lot since January 20th!).

So I finally got to see him live last night and he was even more inspirational than I imagined. He genuinely tried to connect as personnally as possible, with as many of his fans as possible. In between songs he spread love with touching words os wisdom (not in a preachy way, I must emphasize). I actually spoke, laughed, danced and hugged complete strangers last night, not something I usually do at concerts. I teared up a couple of times also, I won't lie.

I mentioned his support act, someone I had not heard of prior who may very well be my second favorite artist now lol. Soon as I'm finished typing this up, going to see if I can find her on Pandora. The entire band are in the same vein as Spearhead, as in you can tell they are there to spread good vibes (though the lyrics are a bit more gritty and don't shy away from the obstacles to that kind of life... kind of like some of Spearhead's older stuff actually). By far the greatest support act I've had the pleasure of hearing.

Michael does not believe in stayin confined to the stage. He was everywhere in that arena, climbing railings to get up on the balcony for the people at the back, trying to include so many people. He welcomed all of the kids onto the stage for the finale. And at the end of the gig, he didn't just give lazy hi-fives to people within reach. He hugged those close enough and those a bit further out he held hands and made eye contact. The man is a true yogi, the belief that we are all connected is real with him, he walks the walk.

I can't tell you how much I needed this. I feel so recharged right now, and feel genuinely ready to go out and do my best to try and make this world a better place.

"Seems like everywhere I go, the more I see, the less I know, but I know one thing, that I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you."

Drama Queen

And in other awesome news, recently my life is becoming more fulfilling every day. I am now volunteering in a lot of different ways, such as environmental clean-ups with the local chapter of the Green Party, preparing a house that is going to be settled by a refugee family, I'm signed up as a substitute ESL teacher, and I'm soon going to be involved with food distribution for homeless and others in unfortunate circumstances.

I am advocating with a group for immigrant rights, and trying to push the Fair and Welcoming Communities agenda in my county and will be having meetings with local politicians and law enforcement.

I want to give  shout out to Dorling for being an inspirational example in going out and making changes in life and showing that it's possible, and to T-Bone for encouraging me to bring my activism beyond protesting, to Sam and Jordan for major encouragement throughout (honestly, positive feedback prevents helps stave off self-doubt and second guessing) and Rob for stepping up and working hard for positive changes in his own path.

Oh, and to settle the debate between T-Bone and Jordan about the value of protesting, I know it sounds like a cop-out, but you both have valid points. I believe protesting achieves varying degrees of success, but it is not enough on it's own. (That being said, the network of positive people I encountered during protests is what led me to many of the various volunteering opportunities).

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Drama Queen on June 11, 2017, 12:31:37 PM
And in other awesome news, recently my life is becoming more fulfilling every day. I am now volunteering in a lot of different ways, such as environmental clean-ups with the local chapter of the Green Party, preparing a house that is going to be settled by a refugee family, I'm signed up as a substitute ESL teacher, and I'm soon going to be involved with food distribution for homeless and others in unfortunate circumstances.

I am advocating with a group for immigrant rights, and trying to push the Fair and Welcoming Communities agenda in my county and will be having meetings with local politicians and law enforcement.

I want to give  shout out to Dorling for being an inspirational example in going out and making changes in life and showing that it's possible, and to T-Bone for encouraging me to bring my activism beyond protesting, to Sam and Jordan for major encouragement throughout (honestly, positive feedback prevents helps stave off self-doubt and second guessing) and Rob for stepping up and working hard for positive changes in his own path.

Oh, and to settle the debate between T-Bone and Jordan about the value of protesting, I know it sounds like a cop-out, but you both have valid points. I believe protesting achieves varying degrees of success, but it is not enough on it's own. (That being said, the network of positive people I encountered during protests is what led me to many of the various volunteering opportunities).

Proud of you man. You're doing some wonderful things in your life. It is so pleasing to watch it all unfold online.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Dorling

So today I passed my Officer of the Watch oral exam. 3 years of work complete, and I am now a fully certified officer of the watch on unlimited tonnage vessels, as well as certified to be captain on anything up to 500 tonnes. Was a bit of a nerve wracking exam but in the end I was confident I knew my stuff, despite the examiner doing his best to make me doubt it.

Looking forward to my next challenge, where I will take legal responsibility for one of the Queen's Naval Auxiliaries for the first time!

Justin