News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

He is a solid scorer which is what they need.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I do realise I just controdicted myself since I implied the reason Gordon was shit was he was on a shit team...and then going to the Bobcats would make him not on a shit team.

Screw you brain.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Arkia Fisk

Quote from: Trumpers on June 27, 2012, 08:15:46 PM
I do realise I just controdicted myself since I implied the reason Gordon was shit was he was on a shit team...and then going to the Bobcats would make him not on a shit team.

Screw you brain.

FBL burning the brain boss?  ;)

Ben Gordon is a good scoring addition but I'm suprised about the draft pick being offered on top of that. Kind of a lot to me for Maggette.

But LA is obviously smoking some of that California good stuff asking for this....

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=8103436

a top-10 pick in Thursday's draft. The Lakers also are seeking an established player along with the pick if they're to part with Gasol. And...sources say that the Lakers want teams to assume the final two years and $38 million of Gasol's contract.

Smh...cocaine is a helluva drug. Lol. They must be crazy!

GENERAL MANAGER - ROSWELL ALIENS

Hondo

Ben Gordon's a good scorer, but he's not the "team leader" type, the go-to guy kind of player. He's not a Jordan. Heck, he's not even a Pippen really. He's more of a BJ Armstrong, if that makes any sense. Can score and make big plays, but Lord help you if he's your primary target.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

Quote from: JackHondo on June 28, 2012, 07:19:17 AM
Ben Gordon's a good scorer, but he's not the "team leader" type, the go-to guy kind of player. He's not a Jordan. Heck, he's not even a Pippen really. He's more of a BJ Armstrong, if that makes any sense. Can score and make big plays, but Lord help you if he's your primary target.

Better he be your leading scorer than Gerald Henderson.

Hondo

Can't dispute that. But at the same time, it's like trading in your Pinto for a Chevette. Gordon's a complimentary player, they need to either pick a star of the future in the draft tonight (Thomas Robinson, MKG or Harrison Barnes) or make sure they get someone really  good in a trade.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

No doubt about that.  I honestly don't think MKG is that star player.  The guy has an incredible motor and is great defensively and can slash, but his dribbling and jump shooting is suspect.  As much as I would love to see Barnes in Charlotte, I think the team would be better suited taking Thomas Robinson.

Hondo

Speaking of which, ESPN is reporting that the Bobcats have no less than five offers on the table for the second round pick.

I'd be willing to bet they trade out of #2.

Justin

I think it will take a lot to get that second pick.  I think they will want a player, first round pick, and for the other team to take Tyrus Thomas.  I'm excited to see what they will do.  I think we will make a splash this offseason.

Hondo

Uh oh... Looks like Sullinger isn't the only pick to get his career ruined by NBA docs.

Now they're saying Baylor's Perry Jones III has knee issues.

GM Franchise

I heard that a few teams have backed out, saying the Bobcats want too much.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

J-Reb

As they should. If I'm the Bobcats, and the Rockets get turned away in a Howard deal, I'm on the phone with Houston immediately. I'd want three of their first round picks and hopefully come away with three rotation players.

GM Franchise

That would be ideal for them to do.

J-Reb

I've also read that the Thunder could send Harden to them for the #2 pick. It wouldn't solve all of their problems but would be a great start.

Putting Gordon as the sixth man would be ideal, IMO.

Justin

I would GLADLY take James Harden for the number two pick.