News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Dark Knight Rises is Upon us!

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, July 18, 2012, 02:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brkendown

Well, despite the tragedy from Colorado, I went and seen the movie this evening. And only one word can describe it.

AWESOME

Fnord

Now that "The Dark Knight Rises" have been released, it's time to discuss all the questions that seemingly were not answered. There are plenty of spoilers ahead, so if you have yet to see the movie, stop reading.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

The questions below are just that, questions. We don't really know the answers to them, but maybe you do. So if you feel you can provide an explanation, do so in the comments section below.

* Why did the entire Gotham police force go underground? It seems like a bad decision to send almost every cop in the city to go as a big group to investigate Bane's plot.

* How does John Blake know Bruce Wayne is Batman? Blake explains that he met Bruce Wayne as a kid. As a result, he somehow figured out that Wayne is Batman.

* Where's The Joker? Christopher Nolan previously revealed that he will not be mentioning The Joker in "The Dark Knight Rises." Unfortunately, without an explanation, it seems a bit strange that Scarecrow escaped from prison, but not the Joker.

* What does Bane's mask do? In the beginning of the movie, it was hinted that Bane's mask somehow pumps painkillers into his body. But the mask is not connected to anything. We got a look at a shirtless Bane, but didn't see any wires or tubes.

* Batman heals really quickly when he needs to. When the movie starts, Bruce Wayne hasn't been doing well physically for years, but after putting on a leg brace, he's ready to fight Bane, only to get his back broken. But after a punch to the vertebrae and some push-ups, Wayne is once again ready to get back into the fight.

* All of Bane's stock exchange trades are final. Everyone knows that Bane took over the stock exchange, but nobody could figure out that he committed fraud. This leaves Bruce Wayne penniless. Where's the SEC in all this?

* Since when is Miranda evil? Miranda (Marion Cotillard) and Bruce Wayne have a great relationship together, professionally, personally and physically. But at the end of the film, we learn that she's actually Talia Al Ghul. There were no hints at this at all and the reveal at the end seems like something M. Night Shyamalan would do.

* Batman loves wasting time. With Gotham in complete chaos, Batman takes quite a bit of time to set up a huge flaming Bat symbol on top of a bridge. Seems like there would be more important things that Batman should have been doing.

* Why was it so important for Bane to place Bruce Wayne in the desert prison? Bane's plan was a bit confusing, but he took time from it to get Bruce Wayne to a prison that's just a big hole in a middle of a desert in some foreign country. The prison didn't seem too intimidating and probably everyone who has seen the movie could come up with a way to escape it. It was so poorly designed that a little girl escaped it. Plus if someone does eventually escape, they can just throw down a rope, that was conveniently left there, for everyone else.

* How did Bane get out of Gotham and Bruce Wayne get back in? Bane took Bruce Wayne out of Gotham to his desert prison. The US army wasn't able to enter Gotham to help, but you would think that they would monitor who enters and exits the city. So why didn't the army at least attempt to apprehend Bane? And how did Bruce Wayne easily return to Gotham, especially without anyone noticing?

* Post-Bane Gotham doesn't seem very bad. After all the cops were trapped underground, Bane spent months doing very little. Even though every thug was released, there wasn't much chaos in the streets. The trapped cops were getting food and Gordon was able to walk the streets searching for the bomb.

* Is John Blake's real name Robin? That's like saying that Bruce Wayne's real name is Batman.

* Will John Blake take over as Gotham's protector? Seem kind of difficult, considering he has no resources and no fighting skills.

* Why didn't Talia just detonate the bomb? Her plan was always to destroy Gotham by detonating the bomb. But even though the bomb was in her possession for many weeks, she doesn't attempt to detonate it until it was set to explode anyway.

Source: WorstPreviews.com

Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=25537&count=0#ixzz21enMtijW

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Ty

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on July 25, 2012, 03:58:44 PM
[spoiler]I want to know why he took blood from the guy at the beginning? It doesn't seem like that was explained.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]That guy was the doctor who was assumed dead by the world. He had devised a way to turn that reactor into a bomb which scared Batman causing him to shut the project down. Since they planted his DNA on the body that died in the plane crash, people thought the goon was the dead scientist which lowered Batman's guard into giving Talia the reactor.[/spoiler]

brkendown

Damn it Fnord, now I want to know all the answers to these questions!

Ty

Quote from: Fnord on July 25, 2012, 01:37:41 PM
Now that "The Dark Knight Rises" have been released, it's time to discuss all the questions that seemingly were not answered. There are plenty of spoilers ahead, so if you have yet to see the movie, stop reading.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

The questions below are just that, questions. We don't really know the answers to them, but maybe you do. So if you feel you can provide an explanation, do so in the comments section below.

* Why did the entire Gotham police force go underground? It seems like a bad decision to send almost every cop in the city to go as a big group to investigate Bane's plot.

Yes, perhaps they should have callead the army. Def was an over reaction caused by a fool (perhaps secretly on Bane's pay role). No guards at the entrances either eh?

* How does John Blake know Bruce Wayne is Batman? Blake explains that he met Bruce Wayne as a kid. As a result, he somehow figured out that Wayne is Batman.

Probably not a huge, huge secret. Id wager maybe 20-50 people have figured it out too but there were enough conspiracy stories going around that itd be believable that any number of people could have been Batman. Bane and Talia figured it out after all. Catwoman probably strongly suspected it (didnt seem surprised too much that Wayne=Batman, just surprised Bane knew)

* Where's The Joker? Christopher Nolan previously revealed that he will not be mentioning The Joker in "The Dark Knight Rises." Unfortunately, without an explanation, it seems a bit strange that Scarecrow escaped from prison, but not the Joker.

Both are probably in Arkaym Asylum now which is slightly outside of Gotham

* What does Bane's mask do? In the beginning of the movie, it was hinted that Bane's mask somehow pumps painkillers into his body. But the mask is not connected to anything. We got a look at a shirtless Bane, but didn't see any wires or tubes.

The morphine is in the tubes.

* Batman heals really quickly when he needs to. When the movie starts, Bruce Wayne hasn't been doing well physically for years, but after putting on a leg brace, he's ready to fight Bane, only to get his back broken. But after a punch to the vertebrae and some push-ups, Wayne is once again ready to get back into the fight.

He didnt have his back broken, just had vertebrae dislocated

* All of Bane's stock exchange trades are final. Everyone knows that Bane took over the stock exchange, but nobody could figure out that he committed fraud. This leaves Bruce Wayne penniless. Where's the SEC in all this?

Bane targetting Bruce would raise more questions. Im sure Bruce was more concerned about keeping his secret then anything (okay, not convinced here either)

* Since when is Miranda evil? Miranda (Marion Cotillard) and Bruce Wayne have a great relationship together, professionally, personally and physically. But at the end of the film, we learn that she's actually Talia Al Ghul. There were no hints at this at all and the reveal at the end seems like something M. Night Shyamalan would do.

Brilliant swerve imo. They did hint at it more than once by showing her scar and by hinting at the escaped child's protector. There were a few other hints

* Batman loves wasting time. With Gotham in complete chaos, Batman takes quite a bit of time to set up a huge flaming Bat symbol on top of a bridge. Seems like there would be more important things that Batman should have been doing.

Phychological warfare? I dunno, didnt make sense to me either

* Why was it so important for Bane to place Bruce Wayne in the desert prison? Bane's plan was a bit confusing, but he took time from it to get Bruce Wayne to a prison that's just a big hole in a middle of a desert in some foreign country. The prison didn't seem too intimidating and probably everyone who has seen the movie could come up with a way to escape it. It was so poorly designed that a little girl escaped it. Plus if someone does eventually escape, they can just throw down a rope, that was conveniently left there, for everyone else.

My question is, why didnt someone else throw the rope down? Anyways, yeah that was kinda dumb

* How did Bane get out of Gotham and Bruce Wayne get back in? Bane took Bruce Wayne out of Gotham to his desert prison. The US army wasn't able to enter Gotham to help, but you would think that they would monitor who enters and exits the city. So why didn't the army at least attempt to apprehend Bane? And how did Bruce Wayne easily return to Gotham, especially without anyone noticing?

Apparently, Wayne tech is better than anything that US army has

* Post-Bane Gotham doesn't seem very bad. After all the cops were trapped underground, Bane spent months doing very little. Even though every thug was released, there wasn't much chaos in the streets. The trapped cops were getting food and Gordon was able to walk the streets searching for the bomb.

Robberies, rapes, murders... it was probably chaos behind closed doors. The streets themselves were safe because everyone was scared to piss of Bane

* Is John Blake's real name Robin? That's like saying that Bruce Wayne's real name is Batman.

Blake isnt the Robin, he's just a guy coincidentally name Robin John Drake. Different universe then Robin.

* Will John Blake take over as Gotham's protector? Seem kind of difficult, considering he has no resources and no fighting skills.

He might. He has basic fighting skills but with the Bruce Wayne tech, he could do a passable job.

* Why didn't Talia just detonate the bomb? Her plan was always to destroy Gotham by detonating the bomb. But even though the bomb was in her possession for many weeks, she doesn't attempt to detonate it until it was set to explode anyway.

She wanted to crush Batman's phyche I guess

Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=25537&count=0#ixzz21enMtijW
[/quote]

Dorling

Quote from: TyTy (formerly Trifecta) on July 26, 2012, 06:14:07 PM

Both are probably in Arkaym Asylum now which is slightly outside of Gotham

I think the point of this question has more to do with the fact that Scarecrow aka Jonathan Crane was in the movie but Joker was not. They're certainly not in the same location as Scarecrow was busy sentencing people to exile - but then again I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Scarecrow would be in prison while the Joker was somewhere a whoooooooole load more secure.

Did anybody notice The Pope D'Angelo Dinero during the movie?

Fnord

Quote from: Dorling on July 26, 2012, 07:21:54 PM
I think the point of this question has more to do with the fact that Scarecrow aka Jonathan Crane was in the movie but Joker was not. They're certainly not in the same location as Scarecrow was busy sentencing people to exile - but then again I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Scarecrow would be in prison while the Joker was somewhere a whoooooooole load more secure.

Did anybody notice The Pope D'Angelo Dinero during the movie?

The Pope was there?!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Dorling

Ty

Mike Powers

Ty

The one on the right side or the one on the left that looks like lil wayne?

Mike Powers

Regarding the Joker: we all know Nolan didn't mention him because of Ledger's death. However, the novelization of the movie makes a brief mention of him.

This is taken from a scene of Selina in prison:

"Now that the Dent Act had made it all but impossible for the city's criminals to cop an insanity plea, it (Blackgate Prison) had replaced Arkham Asylum as a preferred location for imprisoning both convicted and suspected felons. The worst of the worst were sent here, except for the Joker, who, rumor had it, was locked away as Arkham's sole remaining inmate. Or perhaps he had escaped. Nobody was really sure. Not even Selina."

! JDM The Professional !

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Nick

Quote from: Al Black Rose on July 19, 2012, 06:18:42 PM
At the marathon now, there is a shit ton of people here, and there is still  an hour until the movie. A lot of posers here, some posers are talking about the katy perry movie and magic mike

Comic book movies aren't just for nerds anymore. They're as mainstream as can be.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Just seen it, we took our time this end given we thought it would be a mad rush here are some positives and negatives
+ Having an all-star cast in effect. Matthew Modine from Full Metal Jacket, though I kept thinking it was the Dad from Back to the Future at first lol, cop at the end of the bridge, I thought was the guy from Dexter/TV Series Taken. Could be wrong though. Still the extras and bit parts did their job.
+ References to previous 2 films. Everything from Bruce needing to scale out of the prison ala his fears as a child to the use of the Scarecrow guy, with a tufty suit which screamed scarecrow wearing a straw suit lol.
+ Visual effects of explosives and what not
+ Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Tom Hardy just money actors in my opinion
+ Scene from the American football game was wicked.
+ It didn’t leave you hanging waiting for something to happen, very fast paced
+ Femme fatale swerve!
+ Caine’s performance as Alfred was tremendous, I almost shed a tear with the ending scene. Was very emotional.
+ Catwoman’s cat ears that weren’t ears lol

Few negatives...
-   As non fan of comics, I found everything very predictable. As soon as Alfred spoke about his little vacations I knew that was the ending scene, but I had it down as Selena Kyle with a child in arms after some rumpey pumpey with old Batters.
-   The shit way that the heiress of the League of Shadows died...just seemed lame
-   The seemingly irrelevant use of the weiner kid whos brother was dead
-   Bruce just casually walking back into Gotham...no problems apparently getting in and having the time of his life
-   The whole timing of when he was broken, to going to prison, to what was happening in Gotham was suppose to appear like it happened over time, but the way the movie portrayed it, it felt like Bruce was taken away and then reappeared 48 hours later looking fresh as a daisy with almost a cheesey workout montage in between...MONTAGE...MONTAGE!!!!
-   Not overly sure of what happened to Bane at the end, maybe I looked away at the wrong time, but he got done in by Catwoman...I think?!?!?
-   Nolan’s promise that Robin wouldn’t appear in the films...then he does...well in some form...as soon as JGL appeared I said to the missus he would turn out to be Robin
-   The way he casually walked up to Wayne Manor, got a meeting with Howard Hughes and with no explanation just KNEW he was Batman...are you Robin or was your fricking Spidey Sense tingling.
-   Whats her face turning up at Wayne Manor and then just getting busy with Bruce despite not having a ton to do with him apparently in his Hughes like state
-   Bane was difficult to hear sometimes...I am sure one more than one occasion he said ‘pass the nachos’ and one of his henchmen just popped someone.
-   Commissioner Gordon being the dumbest fuck in the world seeing as he has had a ton of face time with Batman finally figuring out it was Bruce Wayne...well done Sherlock.
-   The Keystone cops hanging out like a load of Ninja Turtles in the sewers and yet Gordon and Blake roam free through the streets being A-Team in their approach
-   The possibility of a Nightwing or Robin spin off...this annoys me because someone will fuck this royally up.

Don’t get me wrong there are seemingly a lot of negatives there, but this film doesn’t have a patch on the 2nd one to me...and also doesn’t compete with the 1st one. Naturally you just have to look at amazing trilogies like Godfather, Star Wars or even Back to the Future to know number II...always rules and usually three doesn’t compare. I don’t know...it was great don’t get me wrong, just seemed like a lot of stuff was glossed over and the demise of both baddies was fucking awful.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'