News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Comebacks

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, August 18, 2012, 11:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

After watching my mighty Brisbane Lions (AFL team) make a come back from 41 points down, I was thinking about some of the great comebacks we've seen. What are your favorites? Any sport, and what was the margin?

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

T-Bonizzle

One of my favorites of all time. The Red Sox coming back after losing 3-0 in a best of seven series to beat the Yankees in the ALCS. It's not that I'm a Red Sox fan, it's that I'm an anti-Yankee fan, and it was a very satisfying loss, especially since my father is a huge Yankee fan, and I'm a Mets fan.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Thaddeus-B on August 18, 2012, 11:24:50 AM
One of my favorites of all time. The Red Sox coming back after losing 3-0 in a best of seven series to beat the Yankees in the ALCS. It's not that I'm a Red Sox fan, it's that I'm an anti-Yankee fan, and it was a very satisfying loss, especially since my father is a huge Yankee fan, and I'm a Mets fan.

That was a classic. I think it was a huge moment for sports around the world. Baseball is barely mentioned in Australia, but it was well plugged here when it happened. Go the Sox!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Jon

Here is my top 5, of course I'm sure you won't know a few of them.

1. Game 6 of the 2002 World Series. The Giants led 3-2 and were up 5-0 going to the bottom of the 7th and 5-3, going to the bottom of the 8th. The Angles and the Rally Monkey rallied to win 6-5 and force a Game 7 they would also win 4-1 and win the first ever championship in Angels history.

2. Miracle at the Meadowlands 2.0! Eagles down 31-10 with 8:15 left in the 4th Qtr, the Eagles make the comeback against the Giants that ends with DeSean Jackson's punt return for a touchdown as time expires!
Philadelphia Eagles Miracle At The Meadowlands 2.0 HD
Eagles Comeback Against Giants Called by Merrill Reese

3. Oregon State baseball in the 2006 College World Series. Losing their first game to Miami 11-1, then worked there way out of the losers bracket, ending it with back-to-back shutout wins over Rice to advance to their first ever Championship game. They lost the first game out of the best of 3 game series to North Carolina 4-3 and then in Game 2, they were down 5-0 in the 4th, before making a comeback to end up winning the game 11-7. In Game 3, they score one in the bottom of the 8th to win 3-2 and win the first National Championship in Oregon State history. They would go on to repeat in 2007 without losing one game in the CWS.
2006 Baseball - Part 1
2006 Baseball - Part 2

4. Game 7 of the 2001 NBA Western Conference Finals. Lakers were losing to the Blazers by 15 points with 10 minutes left. The rest was history!
POR @ LAL - 2000 WCF - Gm 7

5. 2008 Bejing Olympics, 4x100 Relay. USA men come from behind to surprise the French and win Gold!
men's 4x100 freestyle relay 2008 olympics (Full Race)

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Bills/Oilers, 1993 playoffs. Bills down 35-3 at halftime comeback and win it 41-38. AMAZING.

Highlights of January 3, 1993 (Best Comeback in Football History)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

! JDM The Professional !

Brisbane Lions Comeback v Blues EF '09

This was a brilliant comeback. 30 points down in the final quarter of the game, Brisbane managed an epic comeback to advance in the finals. I was there, and it was an amazing game to watch!

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs