News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Dragon Ball Z Abridged

Started by Stoner, March 24, 2013, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

Kinda off topic, but not really considering my last post.

I started watching Attack on Titan after watching the abridged version and OH EM GEE. That shit is amazing.  Concept is that there is this one city that people live in that is divided into three sections, each section separated by a giant 50 meter high wall.  The walls are meant to keep out the titans, which can be anywhere between 3-15 meters tall.  They are essentially giant naked humans with no genitalia who eat normal people in exceedingly brutal fashions.  The show is from the perspective of Eren, a kid who watches his mom get eaten by one of the titans and vows to fucking kill them all, and thats in like the first couple episodes.  It just gets more crazy from there.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Stoner on December 07, 2013, 03:10:09 PM
Kinda off topic, but not really considering my last post.

I started watching Attack on Titan after watching the abridged version and OH EM GEE. That shit is amazing.  Concept is that there is this one city that people live in that is divided into three sections, each section separated by a giant 50 meter high wall.  The walls are meant to keep out the titans, which can be anywhere between 3-15 meters tall.  They are essentially giant naked humans with no genitalia who eat normal people in exceedingly brutal fashions.  The show is from the perspective of Eren, a kid who watches his mom get eaten by one of the titans and vows to fucking kill them all, and thats in like the first couple episodes.  It just gets more crazy from there.

I pretty much started watching it for the exact same reason, cuz after watching the abridged I thought it looked really interesting. Plus I'm seeing this girl now who is into anime and so we're watching it together. I'm eight episodes in and holy shit I am just blown away by this anime.

Stoner

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on December 07, 2013, 04:26:30 PM
I pretty much started watching it for the exact same reason, cuz after watching the abridged I thought it looked really interesting. Plus I'm seeing this girl now who is into anime and so we're watching it together. I'm eight episodes in and holy shit I am just blown away by this anime.

Its awesome, and has some of the most epic music I've ever heard.  I really hope Adult Swim picks this up soon because I would totally watch this every week.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Strike

Attack on Titan's been pretty good from the first six episodes I've seen, I just haven't had the time to sit down and finish the rest of what's out. Also, Stoner, if you're a fan of that soundtrack in AoT, check out "KILL la KILL." Same composer and the guys behind it are the ones who made Gurren Lagann a few years ago.

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Strike on December 07, 2013, 04:38:21 PM
Attack on Titan's been pretty good from the first six episodes I've seen, I just haven't had the time to sit down and finish the rest of what's out. Also, Stoner, if you're a fan of that soundtrack in AoT, check out "KILL la KILL." Same composer and the guys behind it are the ones who made Gurren Lagann a few years ago.

Yes Yes Yes to that. The music is fantastic.

And Strike, wait til you get through the next two episodes...

Doug E Fresh

Strike

Vegeta LITERALLY wears the "Worst Saiyan Dad" t-shirt with pride, dear Christ...

Bulma's line about soliciting made me die. Well, between that and the return of the Krillin Owned counter.

Doug E Fresh

Love the "making a lot of assumptions" bit. But my favorite part has to be the ginger robot bit. lol

Stoner

I can't pick one line that stands out as best in this episode.  Perhaps Yajirobe's line at the end, but the whole thing was great.

Triple B

Did it occur to anyone that the entire DB, DBZ and everything else is a fantasy made up by Goku who's in a coma after having brain damage by his accident as a baby?
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: Triple B on January 08, 2014, 03:50:34 PMDid it occur to anyone that the entire DB, DBZ and everything else is a fantasy made up by Goku who's in a coma after having brain damage by his accident as a baby?

Well, I know most fans think GT was written by someone with brain damage.

Marq

Quote from: Jonny Worldbeater on January 08, 2014, 10:26:47 PM
Well, I know most fans think GT was written by someone with brain damage.

+1, sir.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Strike

Doug E Fresh

Triple B

I agree.  GT sucked.

Maybe...

Goku imagines all of DB and DBZ.  He wakes up at the end of DBZ and tries to write stories, while brain damaged.  The end result is GT
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.