News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

This seasons football

Started by DaveGilly, July 17, 2008, 03:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveGilly

This ones for the football (proper football) fans out there.

What are your expectations for the rapidly approaching season?

Newcastle - Well with not alot happening in the transfer market at the minute, I am really starting to worry. Every time we are linked with a player they end up some where else... Aimar to Benfica, Crouch to Pompey, A Ferdinand prefers London, Modric to Spurs, etc... This does not look good for KK... Already he has moved 4 players OUT and only two IN. With only a few weeks left till kick off he really needs to get busy.

-If things stay the same I will predict: 7th, looking at the way the team played in the back end of the season with the three pronged attack I would predict a little higher but I think the squad is a little small. Plus, the impressive pie-man Viduka cant string more than 2 games together which can hurt the strike force.

-KK needs to bring in some new blood... A dominant center back , a quality Defensive and Attacking central midfielder and a Strong clever target man to step in for the injury plagued Viduka (he may not move very far or fast but damn, some how he managed to impress me). If these roles ar filled with players of quality I will go with a top 5 finish.... However, no doubt we will buy some foreign tat who will fail badly... SO I will stick with my origional prediction of 7th.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to reading some from some others.

Dave Johnson

I am so pumped for this season, I stopped watching less than halfway last season, that's why I am pumped.

DaveGilly

I was depressed as hell early into last season. Its always a bad thing to have a poor start... Lucky enough Newcastle have a start at Old Trafford this season... Game 1 of the new season against Man U... FANTASTIC

JaceGryphon

Yea, last year was kinda depressing for me too.  I think the New York Jets will have a better year this year, and by that, I mean they'll win more than 5 games, but I've got a feeling they'll be 3rd in their division again, or at the best, tie with Buffalo for 2nd.

Oh...wait...wrong football?  Call it soccer so you don't confuse me!

DaveGilly

Sorry matey I just cant bring myself to use the term. I will stretch to proper football.

Sorry for your confussion and any further confussion like.

Dave Johnson

Its Chelsea's year....It has to be :)

DaveGilly

I was PRAYING they would do Man U over in both competitions last year and they let me down. :'(

Dave Johnson

Duckman

I'm pretty much fucked off with Rangers so far this summer.  Contract extensions to two old duffers in Weir and Daily?  Wow, talk about amibition.  They're stop gap players, not guys you invest in, especially Daily who is just fucking rank!

Kenny Miller?  Kisses his Celtic badge when he scores against us in the Old Firm and now comes creeping back?  Fuck off mate, we've already got strikes who run around alot but can't score.  I hope he's got his ear muffs ready cause he's in for a hot reception at Ibrox.

Lafferty?  Meh, not seen enough on him to comment.

Rangers are showing a shocking lack of ambition so far and we're being link with players who are either past it, or cheap and shitty European imports.  Where's the youth?  Where's the flair? 

I think we're going to be in for a long, painful season if this doesn't get sorted out soon.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

DaveGilly

Its in the papers today that Walter Smith cant offer the wages to get top players in. I surprised that he dont have the comedy money left... The 8.5 million that use got from the Toon for the ultimate donkey, Boumsong. Use could always sell us cuellar and take Alan Smith off our hands, which has been the rumours for a while.

Duckman

Cuellar is the only good player we have in our team at the moment.  If they sell him, we're pretty much done.  Selling Hutton to Spurs when he didn't want to go made me sick, if they shift Cuellar to bring in another journey man, get stuck in type player, I'm going to Ibrox and slapping Smith in the face.

We need a lot more flair, we need to start investing in bringing through young players.  It's just a total lack of planing for the future and ambition which scares me about this team.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Dave Johnson

When the season gets under a way, we should have a prediction thread on weekly matches and stuff.

DaveGilly

sounds like a plan... i can use everyones predictions to put my coupons on, cos i never get em right.

Dave Johnson

Yeah and I love talking Football, and this place looks like we will for a LONG time.

Duckman

Yep, that's something Kenny is going to add to this board.

He's also going to do a Fantasy Football League for the English Premiership here as well.

Only a few weeks to go guys!

Peace

Duckman