News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

This seasons football

Started by DaveGilly, July 17, 2008, 03:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Republicans

I came up here hoping to talk some smack to guys who believe in the NFC and this is what I get...Sweet God!!

Adam Wrong

i wish we could just throw you steven davis. We don't bloody want him!

I still wound'n't mind cousin but with Zamora, Johnson, Nevland and possible Andy johnson up front we are compatitive.

Duckman

Then have a word with Al Fyed and send Davis back to Glasgow!  We fucking NEED him!  That's how pish our squad is this season.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ally

Arsenal 2nd

Comments: Nasri will be a revelation playing alongside Fabregas, I really see their fast passing sexy football taking teams apart, still don't think they have enough depth to win the title, will probably lead for long periods only to fall away when players lose form. A LOT depends on keeping Aderbayor at the club and fit! NEED another goalscorer, will Walcott step up? Also excited to see how Aaron Ramsey does!

Aston Villa 7th

Comments: Martin O'Neil could buy Jason "Pineapple Head" Lee (Wiki him please!) and make him a good player, master of the man motivation, just doesn't have enough yet to take them to the next level, Friedel is a very good signing, dont know why Blackburn let him go. A lot depends on Gareth Barry, stay and I hope he has a good season at Villa, if he leaves depends on who relpaces him. Will have an average season in all comps, maybe quarter final FA Cup.

Blackburn Rovers 12th

Comments: For those who don't know, Geographically I hate Blackburn by default. Ditto Wigan, as both as close to Bolton. However I see them having post-Hughes Blues and having a mediocre season. Roque Santa-Cruz will be marked out of lots of games thus having the typical second season slump, add that to Bentley leaving and he will have a lack of quality to feed off. I can really see Blackburn struggling.

"The Mighty" Bolton Wanderers 10th

Comments: Now i know I'm being biased, but i honestly think 10th-5th is a posibility. HORRIBLE season last season, Sammy Lee should have NEVER been made manager. Gary Megson should have NEVER replaced him, but he did and well its up to us to back him. Read recently we're signing Riga for the wing which will also be interesting. I think a lot depends on Elmander banging in the goals. I hope Kevin Davies stays fit, Kevin Nolan loses some weight and Muamba gets in the England side. COME ON YOU WHITES!

Chelsea 4th

Comments: I hate Chelsea. I hate everything they stand for. I hate Man Yoo too, however Chelsea I despise. I honestly and unbiasedly can't see them challenging for the title. They stole Anelka from us and whats he done? Drogba is a worthless peice of shit who'll probs go in January if not before coz hes a cock end. Deco joins an already packed midfield, who does he play instead of? Ballack or Lampard? Or do you play 3 in the middle? Or does one of them go out wide? Chelsea definately have the "too many cooks, spoil the broth" syndrome and I hope Abramovic leaves them, they go into liquidation and everyone goes and pisses on Ken Bates face. Then we can all go back to hating Man Yoo for being the prawn sandwich eating cunts that they are.

Everton 6th

Comments: David Moyes has done a great job at Everton, Arteta can put the ball on a sixpence, Yakubu is an actual beast. However what have they done to improve on last season? Bought a player they had on loan and sold Andy Johnson? 6th, maybe 7th for them next season, I hope they win the league cup or the FA Cup or UEFA, Moyes deserves a trophy.

Fulham 14th

Comments: I wanted to put Fulham higher as i think they will be the shock of the season, I think Roy Hodgson has bought VERY shrewdly and they really could be badly underestimated this season. I couldn't put them higher than 14th because the sides above them are just too good. Maybe a cup run? Maybe even the league cup?! My pick to be the shock team of the season.

Hull "Bolton Rejects" City 20th

Comments: I actually laughed when Hull went up. I think the only reason Hull is so beautiful is because no one has ever give a shit about your football team so no ones ever been there pissing on your doorsteps and throwing up a lamb booner in your Roman Baths. I hope you get a point against Man United, knowing our luck you'll beat us because you've got Phill Brown. I hope we sign Andy Todd again just so he can punch your permatanned face. Only kiddin'! We love good old Phill Brown! eeeee Hull City in the prem...whose next?! Derby County?!

Liverpool 3rd

Comments: If Rafa Benitez can play more of a steady team at the beginning of the season and drop his stupid notion of constant rotation Liverpool would challenge Man United and Arsenal all the way, however I don't think he will stop the constant rotation. However I think Robbie Keane and Torres up front will bag enough goals to get them into 3rd place, please don't waste Stevie Gerrard out on the right side now though, that'd piss me off. If they sign Gareth Barry and sell Alonso(although he'll probs chain himself to Anfield's gates before he goes) I can see Gerrard and Barry forming an amazing partnership which would give Liverpool a VERY formidable spine of Carragher, Agger, Gerrard, Barry, Torres, Keane. All depends on what happens in the next few weeks and how much players will be rotated and rested. I'll say 3rd as a cautious estimate

Manchester City 9th

Comments: Taxin Shcinowatra, or however the fuck you spell it, is proof that money defo does not bring happiness. Should have NEVER sacked Sven, he was amazing. Elano went missing last season be interesting to see what he does. Same with Jo, be interesting to see what he does. Joe Hart, Micah Richards, Nedham Onouha and Ched Evans, all great prospects. Then theres the even young crop of people like Alex Neemah of Liberia. I think they will start off strong and fade away towards the end of the season, Mark Hughes is a great manager, City have great players like Corluka, Elano, Jo...just not on the same level as the top 4, so they will play in the mini league that happens between 5th and 10th.

Manchester United 1st

Comments: Hate to say it but United haven't bought anyone and they are still the strongest side in the country if not the world. Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs both saying they are aware they are going to be more bit parts than usual, but if you can have an aging Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs as bit parts then you really know how good you are. Hate to say it but will romp the league, I'm expecting 1 big name striker to join before the start of the season. Won't win champions league though, maybe FA Cup.

Middlesbrough 17th

Comments: I like Gareth Southgate, he's a nice guy, in fact he is THE nice guy of football. I think David Wheater is amazing. Stuart Downing performs for club but not country. However, they never do well. The perenial underachievers who never ever ever seem to kick off and move onto the next level. Too much quality to go down, always fantastic in the cups. I hope Gareth Southgate doesn't get sacked. I think they'll survive easily. I think for the first time in a long time the bottom three will be left behind quite a way.

Newcastle United 11th

Comments: I love Kevin Keegan. His if you score 9 we'll score 10 approach to football is fantastic. I don't see them doing great this season just for the fact that Newcastle always brings with it too much pressure. Also the Joey Barton affair is daft, they should have locked him up and thrown away the key. Mike Ashley appointing Dennis Wise as well was stupid. I think the board room squabble as always will scupper a decent Newcastle season. Michael Owen will get injured. Mark Viduka will sulk. Martins will be underrated and score from 52 yards. James Milner will be the only player who tries.

Portsmouth 5th

Comments: Wow. Harry Redknapp. What a guy. Peter Crouch and Jermaine Defoe up front, now THATS formidable. He's just managed to get an amazing side together for no valid reason! David James is in the form of his life, granted he throws a few wobblers but he is still, in my opinion the rightful no.1 for England. Niko Kranjcar if he stays at Pompey, which its looking like he will, and if SWP joins from Chelsea then shit. Them two crossing for Crouchy or putting Defoe through, or knocking balls up for Crouch to knock down to Defoe. These guys will win a trophy again, just miss out on cracking the top 4. If I hear "That Cunt With the Bell" at the Reebok stadium, i will shoot to kill. Oh and GET A NEW CHANT!!! "Playup Pompey, Pompey Playup!" WTF!!!

Stoke City 19th

Comments: Its not the 70's, you don't have any money, you have rubbish players. Not a chance in hell. You'll beat Hull. Thats it.

Sunderland 15th

Comments: I love Roy Keane as a manager, I love Niall Quinn as a Chairman. I love how much quality they have got and money they've spent but I'm sorry they have bought two MASSIVE trouble makers in Chimbonda and Diouf. I think they will struggle and Keano will leave to better things. A dissapointing season all round.

Tottenham 8th

Comments: Keep Berbatov or suffer. That sums up Spurs season in short. What a midfield they'll have once Bentley signs. Modric, Dos Santos, Jenas, Lennon, Bentley, Huddlestone, Bostock. However they have lost a LOT of players in other area's. Defoe last season and Keane this leaves only Darren Bent and Berbatov up front. Both quality but Bent didn't do it last season. Need another striker to do anything, however amazing midfield will see them through the to top half of the table.

West Brom 13th

Comments: Unlucky for some, but not for WBA. Theres always a "surprise" team who comes up and does well, well i dont think WBA will be that big a surprise. They are a very good team. Made some good signings and have a good manager. I think that a few teams will have a rude awakening when they play them. Look out for Ishmeal Miller and Luke Moore forming a partnership.

West Ham 18th

Comments: West Ham, West Ham, West Ham....what have you got going for you. You buy people and they break their legs, you get a new chairman with money which suddenly dries up. You hate your manager who is actually amazing. You can only watch on as the players you made, Lampard, J.Cole, Carrick, Ferdinand and Defoe go from strength to strength. Where did it all go wrong? I hope you go down and re-build with Curbs as your manager. I hope your academy brings you 5 new amazing youth players that can brighten Englands future and i hope you stop buying silly Icelandic players with dodgy names. Freddy Sears will get sold to someone like Aston Villa and become an England player.

Wigan 16th

Comments: Pains me to say it, but Wigan are alright. Maybe 16th is due to me hating the bastards, but i can't see them going down. Thats all i have to say about them. Oh and Steve Bruce is a twat.

I never make predictions, and I never will.

The Rick

Not a bad set of predictions there Ally, nice to see you putting the Pool at 3rd. Although I'm not too sure about my two local teams I can see Villa cracking top 5 if they keep Barry and can get a couple more players in before deadline.

The Baggies will probably just scrape getting out of relegation like a few years back. I think Man U are still the team to beat as you say, I hope this year is a repeat of last anyway and Chelsea win absolutely nothing!

Ally

I really cant see WBA doing badly this season, just cant see it at all. Solid team and a good manager.

Villa are a bit iffy, if they didnt have Martin O'Neil i'd say their seasons over. However having him means young players will be nurtured and existing players will be man managed fantastically, can get an extra season out of anyone.

Dave Johnson

I say this everytime, Chelsea will not finish fourth, they will finish first! I don't care if Manchester are all that, Chelsea have a strong team, Manchester may have the experience but Chelsea have the legs to finish off a succesfull season.

Other than that, really love the predictions.

Ally

The reason i say Chelsea 4th is the age of the stars they have. All really coming to the end of their career. Ballack getting on, Schevchenko little more than a joke, Carvallho getting on, Deco is a troublemaker, Cech is not the same after his injury.

Still quality but not the same as the younger amazing squads that the prem has to offer.

Anyone who plays a player who says £50k a week is a "disgrace" doesnt deserve to win shit.

Dave Johnson

Giggs is old, Scholes is getting old, Ferdinand is not as fit as he was, half of Manchester United's bloody team belong in a retirement village.

Cory

^

They have chemesty, look at how long they have been playing with each other, like 8+ seasons.

Chelsea got old guys from all around the world Last year. Ballack, will do amazing this year I think, but Shevchenko will probably go back to Milan, Deco is too small, and wont do shit with the bigger English players.

I'd have Chelsea finishing 3rd.

Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Tottenham.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ally

Ferdinand had a quality season last season and has no problems with his fitness to my knowledge, i dont know where you've got that from, site your source!

Ferdinand and Vidic have formed an immense partnership at the back, best in the league in all honesty.

Giggs and Scholes as i've already mentioned have already said that they will play bit parts, that leaves Anderson, Carrick, Ronaldo, Nani, Rooney, Evra as the "younger" group. Chelsea on the other hand are buying old, not fielding any real youth, Kalou and Jon Obi Mikel, pleeeeease...

Obi Mikel started showing what the fuss was about a TINY bit towards the end of the season, but in all honesty the mans a joke for what he is. Kalou couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Cory, the reason i place Arsenal second, they're too young. Simple as. Not enough experience to carry them through, burnout will occur again as it did last time. When the season started Arsenal where untouchable, Fabregas was the best player who had ever lived and no one really gave a shit they had NO defence at all. Then as things wore on, injuries took their tole and their weaknesses set in, they crumbled. Arsenal have the quality to be second but i just feel the lack of defence and AGAIN Wenger buying youth and not proven quality will fuck them over in the long run over the course of the season. I LOVE how he is signing though, i'd love it to work, history tells me it won't though.

On top of all that, Wenger is also gambling on young players who aren't even fit, Bischoff? Hmmm time again will tell.

Spurs on the other hand, are you pulling my pisser?

You sell Defoe, you sell Keane, United are courting Berbatov which would leave them with Berbatov and who else? Pekhart? Oh pleeeease! They could have the best midfield ever, if you don't score, you can't win. Another thing that worries me abotu Spurs is the fitness of the defence. Woodgate and King are awesome, will they manage to even get 15 games between them? Statistically thats not likely. Dawson seems to have lost all confidence in himself. Like I say however if they DO buy a quality striker or two, then id expect Spurs to show some real challenge this season. Its the age old problem though of having too many similar players in one position and not enough in other area's. Best midfield outside the top 4, it doesn't mean anything if you have no defence or attack.

On the Arshavin point i've heard a few times, I'm sorry but this happens EVERY major tourniment. Someone dazzles and he goes to a club for big money, does nothing and goes back to his hole. I'm affraid this is probably the same thing, classic examples that spring to mind are Thomas "5 kebabs" Brolin and Karel "Cut Your Hair" Paborsky.

Annnd thats all i've got for now. :)

Cory

I think Modric will be a beast, and will be to Tottenham as say Elano was to City last season.

I dont just, I just think the Spurs will get into champs league next year.

Ally

Spurs have got as much chance of getting into the premiership as my dick has of inverting itself into a vagina.

Modric is amazing on a side note.

Cory

We'll see.

I also, think Sunderland may be a dark horse. If I was Roy Keane, I'd slowly bring over Irish player after Irish player, until Sunderland is the second coming of Republic of Ireland, so Keane can convince them all never to play for thier country again. :)

Plus, Damien Duff would help Sunderland a lot.

BTW, Kenyewa (Sp?) Jones is gonna be out a while, or so I've heard.

Ally

Kenweyne Jones should be back soon, he got injured last season, unless thats a recurrence of a current injury.

I don't really rate Sunderland as a club tbh, Roy Keane is a good manager, i love Niall Quinn, but i don't think they've got a whole lot going for them. They've got grafters but hmmm i dont see the proper quality.

Damien Duff was amazing until he left Blackburn, even then he was ok at Chelsea but his injuries REALLY kicked in again. He's been alreet pre-season, i see him having an alreet season at Newcastle injury permitting.

Keiron Richardson is shit, but always seems to score, this always confuses me.

I was about to say he didnt deserve his England caps and goals, then I remember Michael Ricketts 0.5 cap and Seth Johnson.