News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

THE THREAD WHERE OOC STUFF GOES

Started by Hondo, November 17, 2014, 01:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

The hardest thing about this first scenario, to me, was more to do with the fact WWE only gives you about a month between PPVs (sometimes even less). Can you imagine building this guy up to a PPV if it was 2-3 months away?

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Hondo

Voting is live, go pick your favorites ASAP and PDQ.

Also, anyone who didn't get a posting done in time, it's fine this time. We're just doing a beta test anyway. But when the real thing starts, we'll have to keep a closer eye on things.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Drama Queen

Can it be a thing we can take part in when time allows? Obviously we would not be able to win an overall league if we didn't post each time, but if we were fine with that can we partake or not on a scene to scene basis?

Hondo

Absolutely! It's all for fun anyways. Like you said though, it'd be close to impossible to win the league table, but that's it. I have no problem with it.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Chris Shields

Good to hear, because there may be a few weeks in December where I see nothing but my bed and whatever crappy cover band got hired for the rich people's party.

This first scenario was fun, and I personally don't think a month build is too much. I had my general ideas fairly quick, and it didn't take me long to type them out. I think anything less than two weeks isn't really gonna give us room to do anything other than bury someone. All though I guess some of the scenario's could be something like a gimmick change for a particular wrestler or wrestlers. Hell that would be an interesting one, choose like 3 lower card guys and say we can pick one to do a gimmick overhaul with. Should be fun, and I'm looki9ng forward to seeing what you come up with for scenarios and how other people do stuff.

Tritch

So wen voting are we supposed to ignore the parameters laid out? Because several people broke them.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Duckman

I'm not voting for anyone who didn't follow the treatment/plan.  Following the plan and executing it in your own way is kind of the whole point of the game, no?
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Tritch

K that's what I figured. Doesn't leave many options lol

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Hondo

Quote from: Tritch on November 25, 2014, 01:50:52 PM
So wen voting are we supposed to ignore the parameters laid out? Because several people broke them.

I let it go this time, since it's pre-season and this was the first go around. When the regular season starts, submissions that break parameters won't be put up for the final vote.

As for how you vote, as long as you don't vote for yourself, I couldn't care less.

Mike Powers

But.....but.....c'mon guys, I made a Knight Ryder pun!!!  I'm just like the real booking team!!!

Tritch

Hondo will you be taking place in the vote? And/or will you be making some kind of review post showing what you (as Hayes or Vince or whatever) liked?

Not asking you to do more work, just curious.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Hondo

Quote from: Tritch on November 25, 2014, 05:25:05 PM
Hondo will you be taking place in the vote? And/or will you be making some kind of review post showing what you (as Hayes or Vince or whatever) liked?

Not asking you to do more work, just curious.

I may or may not vote, I haven't decided yet. All depends I guess, if people feel comfortable with it.

As far as the writeups, I will be doing something similar to a review. I'm not just gonna say, "Ok, that guy won this week" or anything like that. It should tie up everything for a given week.

Hondo

Voting results are in, and a new scenario has been posted! Good luck guys.

Also, an idea I've been toying around is creating a character for your bookers. Maybe we could give them a little background, a personality, or even a picbase. Just an idea for you gents to kick around.

BamBamBunglow

I like the idea of using a character for a booker, but that's because I'm all about rpg's. I'd say go for that, but will leave it to the majority.

Well done to Duckman - Alicia Fox sold me on that the minute I read it.

Currently in 2 minds on the new scenario... I've got one for Marks and one for Smarks and I can't decide which is best...

Kieran King

How long are we usually going to have to vote on the scenarios? I think we had around 19 hours this time?

I saw the poll was up when I woke up this morning, but didn't have a chance to remind myself about everyone else's before I left. By the time I got a chance to remind myself about everyone's scenario, the voting had closed so I didn't get a chance!