News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Stop The Stupid Shit Thread

Started by Duckman, December 16, 2014, 12:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

As we talked about on MFX108, we're launching a new segment/hashtag for MFX.

#STSS15 - Stop The Stupid Shit.

The basic idea is people are freaking out over stupid shit all the time these days.  We want some of your best/worst examples of this.  So if you've seen some stupid shit that just leaves you shaking your head and wondering why someone would get up in arms about it, this is the thread to share that stupidity.

The one that kicked this discussion off on the show was the story that the Welsh Rugby Union are being pressured to stop playing and singing the song Delilah because it 'glorifies violence against women' and 'may encourage young male rugby fans to think this is ok.'  Seriously, this is the shit some people have said over the last few days.

So if you've seen some stupid shit that you think people should stop going on about, share it with the rest of the MFX Galaxy and we'll share 'em on the show.

Have at it folks!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

The entire Anita Sarkeesian movement, which can be summed up as essentially a super feminist who is trying to fight against the portrayal of woman in video games (sexism)....but in her kickstarter funded videos (cost $30,000 per video) she takes unbelievably out of context video clips from games of woman being mis-treated and uses it as her evidence.

I wouldnt be a big deal if a lot of people in the gaming community didn't make it a big deal. Im in no way a hardcore gamer but shit like this pisses me off.

Pretty much:

Anita Sarkeesian- BUSTED!
Anita Sarkeesian BUSTED! (Part 2)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

ToneCold

People thinking the Washington Redskins, after many years of an NFL team using that, is now an offensive team name. (It's probably the suddenness of it after so long that gets me more on that one.)

Also pretty much any uproar over things Jeremy Clarkson does or says.
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

The TeeJ of Philly

As a white person, seeing white people ignoring the inheritance of white privilege.

Feminazi's.

Triple B

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Triple B

Quote from: ToneCold on December 16, 2014, 06:08:57 PM
People thinking the Washington Redskins, after many years of an NFL team using that, is now an offensive team name.

Actually, cries to change the name date back to at least 1971.  It's continued since then, and thousands of protesters showed up for the 1992 Superbowl that the Redskins where in.

BamBamBunglow

This popped up on my FB feed today. I find this absolutely abhorrent, if I'm completely honest. I have so many amazing memories of christmas' gone by and feeling rewarded by santa for good behaviour. Growing up, my family didn't exactly have alot but i was damned grateful for what I got and didn't mind that other kids had more than me. Now I'm in a relatively good financial position, I want my step daughter to experience the same feeling. Yes, her presents may be better than some kids'... that ain't my fault.

Krazy

Quote from: Triple B on December 16, 2014, 11:18:52 PM
The "War on Christmas."

Are you talking about the Skinny Puppy issue. I find it funny as hell because people are googling them and checking them out.

Triple B

Quote from: Krazy on December 18, 2014, 10:30:16 PM
Are you talking about the Skinny Puppy issue. I find it funny as hell because people are googling them and checking them out.

No.  The thing that happens every year where Fox News starts putting up segments about how there is a "War on Christmas" because in a country where white people rule and own everything it's somehow a danger on us all because someone said "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" that one time at the mall.

ToneCold

Quote from: Triple B on December 18, 2014, 10:45:35 PM
No.  The thing that happens every year where Fox News starts putting up segments about how there is a "War on Christmas" because in a country where white people rule and own everything it's somehow a danger on us all because someone said "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" that one time at the mall.

This.

or Alternatively: 'War on Christmas' summed up by a cartoon squirrel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJZjR7xyyWE
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Krazy

Quote from: Triple B on December 18, 2014, 10:45:35 PM

I work in customer service so I know how annoying it is. When one group complains and the Christmas Tree is taken down. I have friends with different religions they don't care if a x-mas tree is in town square or in the capital building. There is one person who causes a problem.

Duckman

Got a couple of Christmas/winter themed ones for you.

1.  Weather warnings.  Get to fuck.  'Be Aware' of rain.  Ok, I'm aware it's going to rain, why does that have to be a warning?  Why does everything these days have to be coated in a thick layer of fear?  You used to forecast the weather, not warn us about it.  We don't need 'amber' warnings every time it rains, in December, in Scotland.  Just tell us what the weather is going to be like and stop trying to make it into some doom leaden warning just to kill some time on slow news days.

2.  Those little twats who go on Twitter to bash their parents for buying them the wrong colour IPad/game console, car and then wishing their parents dead.  Ungrateful little cunts.  FUCK YOU.

3.  Bitching parents claiming their precious child's Christmas was RUINED because he couldn't get online to play games with his friends on his new Xbox One/PS4.  RUINED?  His Christmas was RUINED?  He got a fucking brand new games console and had to just play the single player game instead of online?  Yep, that's got to be the most harsh and unfair thing that could ever happen to a child on Christmas.  FUCK YOU.  Just admit the real reason you're annoyed is instead of sending your shitty kid off to his virtual world (like you do EVERY FUCKING DAY OF THE YEAR) you had to actually speak to him and spend time with him on Christmas Day. 

Granted, these aren't really in the same vein as the orchestrated outrage that this was originally intended for, but these things pissed me off this Christmas.

#STSS15

jagilki

As to number two three.  At least they didn't spend Christmas day staring out a window in a hospital 70 miles away from any friends or family, just wanting to be home.

But don't worry little Jimmy, I'll pray that your Christmas will get better when you can get back on PSN and shank people on the latest Call of Duty.

Duckman

Triple B