Stop The Stupid Shit Thread

Started by Duckman, December 16, 2014, 12:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flins.

I never really understood the whole swearing on a holy book nonsense, not sure how it can be seen as a legitimate form of oath. At least the case hasn't been thrown out or anything.

Brock Rhysner

It's basically trying to get you to tell the truth under the pretense that if you swear on a bible, then God will punish you if you lie. It's an exceedingly outdated tradition from when Christianity and the law were fundamentally one and the same (at least in the UK). The harsh reality is that the acceptance of agnostic ways of life has only been around for the last few decades. However, the reason I pointed this out is because the guy in question said he didn't mind swearing on a bible, because he respects all religions, and yet it was still dismissed...

[/centre]

¿PapaPancho?

In the US you no longer swear on a bible you simply swear to tell the truth so help you god. If you do not believe in god you are allowed to affirm that you will tell the truth

Goldferg

Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Stoner

Quote from: Goldferg on March 03, 2015, 02:13:07 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/03/02/dea-warns-of-stoned-rabbits-if-utah-passes-medical-marijuana/

... seriously. The fuck?

If the title of the article weren't enough...

Quote"I deal in facts. I deal in science," said special agent Matt Fairbanks, who's been working in the state for a decade. He is member of the "marijuana eradication" team in Utah. Some of his colleagues in Georgia recently achieved notoriety by raiding a retiree's garden and seizing a number of okra plants.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Drama Queen

Triple B

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

jagilki

Goldferg

Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.