News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

2014 Highlights

Started by Duckman, December 17, 2014, 10:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Alright, there's too much doom and gloom around these days.  Let's lighten the mood a little bit.

We're recording our Christmas show on Sunday and I'm looking for some of your highlights of the last year.  It can be anything from your favourite moment on the show, to something you've done in your personal life, maybe you've had a kid or got married.  It could be a TV show you loved, a band, a gig, a wrestling event, anything that's been a highlight of your year.

So let's spread some Christmas joy for a change.  Share the highlights of your year with the rest of the MFX Galaxy and we'll include them on the Christmas show!

Thanks,
Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Triple B

I got a raise.

My Vine series of #peteyPablo got 2500 loops, which isn't alot to anyone but me.

Gas is under $2.50 a gallon?

2014 wasn't a BAD year... it just was... kind of there, I guess.  Nothing good happened in government.  No wars ended.  There's some good TV but it seems sad to have a TV show as the best thing to happen this year, somehow....

Mankind landed on an asteroid!  That was pretty swank.

I got it!  My neighbors moved out and their place is vacant so I can walk all over the place naked and nobody says a word now.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about!!  Good work B.  Now put some damn pants on!!

Alex Smiley

It's been great having work, first at summer camp and currently in retail. It's also been fun meeting new people (coworkers, etc.) and working on new projects (my own and with others). I think just in general, taking new steps in life has been interesting and fun (case in point, getting into a relationship has been an interesting process over the past year).

MFX-wise, it's been an absolute blast getting to do merch/logo/site work for the show, and meeting the extended MFX Galaxy. Highlights from the past year include the rise (and I suppose fall) of the MFX "cast of characters" like Rybetch and Brick Hogan, to the point where people created Twitter accounts.

[spoiler]With the characters apparently gone from the show for now, I have a small confession. I was AJ Doritos and Cool Dude Kofi on Twitter. My personal favorite bit is knowing how much Ian appreciated my tagline "Dark corners are my friend, Doritos are my fuel." (I also liked that Ian totally called it when the Kofi account popped up. "Alex just seems like the kind of positive guy that would do that") You're welcome, MFX Galaxy.[/spoiler]

I especially enjoyed the wrestling peak of the show, when they interviewed the man behind RumbleRhama. I'm looking forward to that film. Between that and the specials we got for MFX 100, there was a LOT of good stuff this year.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Mike Powers

I think that in a MFX-centric way, we've had our fair share of highlights. Between the support/concern we've shared for our members (BD and Jag for example) and the recent Secret Santa that I organized (which even ended up resulting in a charitable donation!), we have come together as a community a great deal in 2014.

Drama Queen

It's been a huge year of finding myself, both alone and with my kid.

I've seen major aspects of the man my boy is becoming and am quite proud as a result.

It's been a year of getting back to basics and following ideals. My kid has reminded me what it's like to have them, and I in turn am trying to encourage him to live by them, after all, if he can't do that now when can he. I'm trying to lead by example.

We have both been vegetarian since around the end of April. We try to make what small changes we can, we boycott products by Nestlé, we boycott chocolate and coffee that are not fair trade, and we live by a 95% organic diet.

I've also deleted Facebook which has way to many cons despite its uses, for my liking.

We had an amazing vacation in Camping in new Hampshire, and I feel like we really made the most of our time together this year, especially in autumn, which is the best time for hiking, canoeing, zip lining, etc. And I took him to his first broadway show.

I have taken my body and mind to new levels through muay Thai, yoga and running. I've achieved levels of flexibility and balance that I thought I'd never unlock, and now realise that those I have yet to achieve are not impossible.

I ended 2013 in a slight depression, resulting in a return to smoking. I set the turn of the new year as my turning point. I celebrated until 11:59pm then I quietly slipped away.

I woke up new years day, shaved my head back into a Mohawk (a deciplined look, my psychological "kick up the arse" when needed) and went out and ran a 5k race and have not looked back. Needles to say I have not had a cigarette since (nor alcohol... Not that I have a particular problem with alcohol, but it DOES have to potential to lead to cigarette cravings)

I kept running every week (this has now turned into every day) increasing the distance slowly and last month I ran my first full marathon, completely smashing the four hour goal I set for myself.

On nov 8th I started a running streak which I will eventually register here http://www.runeveryday.com/. I am now on day forty. Basically you have to run at least one mile every day. The day after the marathon was the toughest.

No longer in need of the mohawk, and keeping in with the anti-corporate hippy lifestyle, my hair and my beard have gone wild and will continue to do so until the day my running streak ends.

Rob

This year has been difficult but like I said on Facebook... Jennifer Lawrence's tits made it kind of ok.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Triple B

Holy shit, yeah.  I forgot and The Fappening.

That totally made this year worth it.  Fuck gas prices.  That was what made 2014 a year to remember.  Although when Scarlett Johansen's nudes came out that was maybe better.  But still, we all know now that J Lawrences loves to party down.

Jennifer

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Duckman

Way to kill a thread you pervs.

Let's try this again.  Any highlights from the year that DON'T involve female celebrities naked pictures being posted online without their permission?

Jennifer

I hit one year on hormones as of last month.

It's been tough at times - especially with some pretty crushing mood swings and bouts of depression, and I've had one or two scares and one or two issues actually getting the meds, but on the whole it's been a great milestone. Overall it's honestly made me appreciate the NHS like... a lot because I discovered partway through the year that the normal cost of my anti-T injection runs over £250, and I get it for free. I know it's not a perfect system but it's better than nothing.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Duckman

I was just going to ask if you had any highlights this year Jen.

Good to hear things are progressing, no doubt slowly and with bumps in the road.  But good to see you're still positive about things and hopefully happy with life.

Rob

Staying positive is difficult for anyone that suffers from depression. I consider each Christmas a milestone in itself in that I have a job, a home and my health.

Pretty pleased that I've finally got my face hole fixed properly and my teeth are now in good condition and that I'm not far from being able to drive. So there's that I guess :)
SixersEagles

[/center]

Gates

The only big highlight for me this year was finally graduating from University. Started my first year in 2006-2007, and after 7-8 years, I finally finished my 3 year program! Not that it will do me any good lol, but the fact that I went back and managed to finish it is definitely a highlight to me.

Kieran King

I passed the hardest exam I've ever had to sit, by the Behaviour Analysis Certification Board.

Oh, I also just bought a ring for future wifey.