News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

My sister the MMA fighter

Started by Chris Stern, February 10, 2015, 12:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

Around late last year or so my sister had decided she wanted to get into MMA so she started training and all that and now competes for a local MMA club/promotion called Mohawk Valley MMA(The Mohawk Valley is a name given to the central upstate region of NY since that was where the Mohawk Indians were) and to her credit she has been pretty good at it despite losing her first fight to a submission(she admited she messed up and couldn't get the leverage to reverse the hold) she has since won her last two. Her last fight was this past Saturday and while I was unable to attend due to work(I have a very shit work schedule where I work nights either 3-11 or 5-1am Monday-Wensday and work 6am-1pm every Saturday and Sunday, needless to say I am trying to find a new job )  but from what I seen from the highlights and from what my family have told me it was a pretty tough fight but my sis held her own and walked out with the decision(her previous win was by knock out). I normally don't say this but I am actually proud of her, admittedly at first like most of the rest of our family including my Daughter I thought she was crazy for getting into the cage especially at her age(she's two years older then me and I am turning 37 this year) but it makes her happy and she is really good at it, not surprising she is good at alot of things she puts her mind to, previously when she was still with her now ex-husband she was a competitive power lifter and bodybuilder(her ex-husband also did power lifting and played Rugby).

This is my sister(on the right with the dark hair) and her opponent from this past Saturday's card

Just felt like sharing.

Cory

Good to hear man, glad she's doing something she loves and from the sounds of things is pretty successful at it.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Chris Stern

Quote from: Cory on February 10, 2015, 12:28:18 PM
Good to hear man, glad she's doing something she loves and from the sounds of things is pretty successful at it.

Thanks, the only thing that bugs me now about it is hearing and seeing all the guys and girls who end up drooling over her.. it is like high school all over again. Though I admit one time was pretty damn funny as it turns out my ex-wife(my daughter's mother) current husband's brother has a thing for my sister and it was driving my ex nuts since she hates my sister but me, my sister, her(my ex's) husband were all having a field day with it because my ex-wife is a soul sucking bitch.

Drama Queen

I don't post in this part of the forums very often, but I love hearing about people just deciding to do something they want to do and then following through. Good for her.

Chris Stern

Flins.

Good stuff, it was a pretty dominating performance. Always got a lot of respect for people who step up to challenges like this at a later age. WMMA is pretty interest to watch at the moment, as you can see the development in the fighters, and grappling seems to have more an emphasis over striking. For some reason I thought there would be something different about amateur fights, just looks like they reduce the round times.

FXBlade

Thats awesome.

Trumps my story of being a backstage bitch!

great news and all the best for the future