Showtime & HBO Charging $90 For Mayweather-Pacquiao PPV

Started by Fnord, April 03, 2015, 12:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

You can complain all you want about Mayweather being a boring fight but the man is a genius in the ring and wins.

Luckily for me I found an idiot that willingly offered me a $1500 bet.

GM Franchise

Pacquiao was more to blame than Mayweather. Charging straight ahead at the greatest defensive boxer in the world today isn't going to cut it. He needed to go full on assault to win and the fight suffered because he didn't go that route.

However there was this gem from the fight. Pacquiao nailing Mayweather with a flurry and then Floyd responding by shaking his head and saying "Nope," lol.

blob:https%3A//vine.co/4081b477-50ea-4ebe-a88b-45f52b070ece
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

If you all were seriously expecting an exciting fight... Then I'm not sure what to tell you. The excitement wasn't the fight, it was the 5 years everyone had to wait to see it play out. Most boxing experts knew this was the style of fight you would see. It's not that surprising. It's what Mayweather does and does it better then anyone in the world.

Fact is, the next time Mayweather fights. Those of you that complain of him being boring will tune in again.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Black Death

problem I have is he did not do anything to Manny ... He outlasted him.  if this fight was fought 6 years ago it a much different fight.  I think Pac man wins that fight.

not going to take anything away for money , he won the fight .  good  for him .  but like I said  I was not impress by him and Pac man should have done more .
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

**BREAKING**

MAYWEATHERS NEW WALKOUT SHIRT

--

Expected that fight, put all my income tax return ($1200) on Money by UD which was -130 here, made just over 300 but jesus, Dana White needs to be loving this....he shoulda forked over a lot of money to have a UFC commercial air after the fights.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

Quote from: Jon on May 03, 2015, 08:28:02 AM
If you all were seriously expecting an exciting fight... Then I'm not sure what to tell you. The excitement wasn't the fight, it was the 5 years everyone had to wait to see it play out. Most boxing experts knew this was the style of fight you would see. It's not that surprising. It's what Mayweather does and does it better then anyone in the world.

Fact is, the next time Mayweather fights. Those of you that complain of him being boring will tune in again.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Black Death on May 03, 2015, 08:48:00 AM
problem I have is he did not do anything to Manny ... He outlasted him.  if this fight was fought 6 years ago it a much different fight.  I think Pac man wins that fight.

not going to take anything away for money , he won the fight .  good  for him .  but like I said  I was not impress by him and Pac man should have done more .

Yeah, he outlasted him by landing more punches, throwing more punches....

If this fight was 6 years ago, Floyd wins. If this fight was fought 3 years ago, he wins. If this fight was fought in 2005, Floyd wins.

Gravedigger

Quote from: The TeeJ of Philly on May 03, 2015, 11:31:23 AM
Yeah, he outlasted him by landing more punches, throwing more punches....

If this fight was 6 years ago, Floyd wins. If this fight was fought 3 years ago, he wins. If this fight was fought in 2005, Floyd wins.

Don't let facts like punch stats cloud your judgement, Teej. Floyd never punches and Manny throws them constantly!!!!!

Or maybe Manny was outclassed.....

Justin

People forget that Mayweather is a boxer, not a fighter. There is a reason why the sport is called sweet science.  And Floyd is the master scientist.

Mike Powers

Floyd is like the NJ Devils in the '90's. Boring as fuck, but successful.

Black Death

If you follow punch stats , he throw 7 more than Manny ...  like I said I no problem with him winning.   Wish it was a better fight , but shit happens . 

in the end he the winner and nothing changes that no matter how I feel about it .

Black Death

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I paid for it, I had a cracking night without boxing, got back just in time for the main event. Was as I expected...no criticism here. Expected it yo be flat and it was.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

Yep, Mayweather is the Chelsea of boxing.  When it matters most he's boringly efficient and almost impossible to breakdown, but most importantly - a winner. 

If you're a boxing purist and enjoy the art of not getting hit and countering, then Mayweather is a joy to watch.

If you're a casaul fan looking for a Rocky style blood and guts tear up, he's terrible to watch.

Personally I enjoyed it for about 5 rounds until it became obvious Manny couldn't land a clean shot and couldn't get him in the corner or against the ropes enough.  Shoulder injury aside, Mayweather was just too skillful, too quick and too big.

Like Justin said, he's a boxer, not a fighter and there's a big difference between the two.

Early reports indicate the PPV buys are surging past 4 million.  So at the end of the day, none of the complaints or whatever mean anything.  People were interested, people paid big money to watch.  Job done.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.