News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Suicide Squad

Started by Stoner, May 04, 2015, 09:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

Its the movie we saw the Joker image for.  Not really a big DC follower, but I've heard good things about the Suicide Squad run.

Taken from Wikipedia:

QuoteThe modern Suicide Squad (created by John Ostrander in Legends #3) is an antihero team of incarcerated supervillains who act as deniable assets for the United States government, undertaking high-risk black ops missions in exchange for commuted prison sentences. The group operates out of Belle Reve Penitentiary, under the directorship of Dr. Amanda Waller. The Suicide Squad's existence helps to explain why many convicted villains in the DC Universe roam free without having heroes tracking them down—until they inevitably attempt or commit another crime.

Its got Will Smith as Deadshot, and I'm looking forward to Harley Quinn's first true appearance in a movie.  I'll check it out despite being iffy about the art direction of the movie(or at least whats been shown of it so far).

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Tritch

yeah... i'm pumped to see the movie and everything, but the costumes and shit look dumb af so far. i actually didn't hate Leto's Joker images, but this^ looks like shitty cosplay.

Also, another side note from something I think I remember reading in a different thread (the joker one maybe), this movie is in the Dawn of Justice universe and will have Batman in it, because Affleck is confirmed cast.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Black Death

she looks good as Harley ... need to see how she plays her.   

Batman has a cameo in the movie , not a major role . 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Stoner

I just hope they get her personality right.  Harley isn't exactly a nuanced character, but she's OBSESSED with Joker and they need to play that up I think.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Gravedigger

Harley looks like Punk... at least the version you'd find at Hot Topic or Forever 21....

Black Death

Quote from: Stoner on May 04, 2015, 11:52:02 PM
I just hope they get her personality right.  Harley isn't exactly a nuanced character, but she's OBSESSED with Joker and they need to play that up I think.

not just that she obsessed with the joker,  she a character that free from inhibitions. That voice in our head that stop us from doing things because it wrong . she does not have that voice anymore, completely wipe out by the joker influence. 

She fun , wacky and does what she wants, but she also smart as hell , athletic... also some goodness in her deep down.  Just another victim of the Joker... He tore her down mentally, made he depended on him ,  abusive relationship. This Harley is more than likely going to be the post-joker Harley. Trying to live a life away from Mr. J , finding that tough thing to do. 

from her look , it looks like the new 52 Harley is who she might be based on.   Problem I have with DCCU is there need to change the costumes from the comics when in the movies ...

Stoner

I didn't mean to imply that she doesn't have a character beyond being obsessed with Joker.  But remember she was a psychologist before she was a super criminal.  Joker manipulated her into being in love with him, and then manipulated that love into obsession.  Its her primary character trait, before all those others.

Why is she free from inhibitions?  Because of Joker.  Why is she wacky and does what she wants?  Because Joker encourages that in her.  He not only lets her do what she wants he WANTS her to do what she wants(so long as what she wants happens to coincide with what HE wants of course).

She has the confidence to do horrific acts because the mans  she loves inspires her to.

That's all I really meant by "obsessed with the Joker."  We know he's going to be in the movie at some point, its only a matter of time really.  I think it'd be funny if they toyed with that through Harley.  Have moments where it looks like he's going to show up and help/take her away from this or whatever only for it to be someone else doing something else and leave her disappointed only for her to be surprised by a random "Hey Harley" later in the movie, much to her delight.

Like I said, she isn't exactly nuanced.  And her primary character trait is her absolute devotion to Joker.

Black Death

from  her look it the New 52 version there modeling her after ... but hey i love the  pic and i want that jacket. 

need to play her like assault on arkham harley and I will be fine.

need to see her in action ... but I be damn they picked the right actress 

Stoner

Yeah.  I've been a big fan of hers since The Animated Series days. She's a large part of the reason I want to see this movie at all.  I really hope that she pulls the role off well.

Drama Queen

She is one of my favorite characters In The Lego batman video game.  :)

*stands fidgeting in the ensuing awkward silence*

Fine, I'll grab my coat :-[

*storms off muttering about fricking nerds* >:(

Stoner

Lego Batman was the shit.  No idea what you're being defensive about lol

Alex Smiley

This has been a very confusing build to a movie.

"Here's Joker with tattoos...lol j/k, but seriously"

"Hey, here's Will Smith reprising his role from Wild Wild West...lol j/k, here's Deadshot looking badass"

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Stoner

Gravedigger

Every pic I see I like the look....

Even less.

Tritch

she looks more like Lollipop Chainsaw than Harley Quinn.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015