News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2016 NFL Off-Season Thread

Started by Cory, February 11, 2016, 04:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Honestly feel bad for Laremy Tunsil

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Quote from: Jon on April 29, 2016, 12:53:00 PM
Why? I sure as hell don't.

Now this might not be exactly what happened but its what I've heard and put together myself.

Sounds like everything is getting leaked out from his step dad, stemming from an incident last year where he caught his step dad kicking the shit out of his mom and stepped in and whoped his ass. Step Dad has had an vendetta against him ever since...with that incident already costing him much of his final year at Ole Miss. Step Dad rumored to leak the video and the PM's about him taking money at Ole Miss.

Shit like that can drive you to want to go out and forget about, so I see where smoking pot would relax him....hell it's getting legalized here in Canada next year and already in a few states, and as someone who has a pretty neutral-positive view on weed and has played football...after a month in you're beat up to fuck, pot certainly helps.

He was doing it in the least flattering way and regardless of the public's view, its against the rules within the confines of the NFL/CFB so she should face punishment...but the timing is dirty, especially if it was his step dad....just cost him $10 million easy.

Jon

I'm sure he has a million excuses as to why.

But he can only control himself and he did the things that have been leaked, regardless of who leaked them. He didn't make very smart decisions.

What cracks me up, is he said it happened 5 years ago. I think Bomani Jones pointed out in the video of an Ole Miss flag in the background.

The dude has serious character flaws and will say just about anything now to rid himself of the bad PR.

I think pot should be legal, but the profession he has decided to pursue has a zero tolerance on marijuana. Just like mine does as well. I would love to toke up every once in awhile, but I know it's my career on the line... yet these football players seem to think they can get away with anything. So nope... do not feel bad that he lost $10 million for mistakes HE KNOWINGLY made. 

Talon

Quote from: Jon on April 29, 2016, 01:17:58 PM
I'm sure he has a million excuses as to why.

But he can only control himself and he did the things that have been leaked, regardless of who leaked them. He didn't make very smart decisions.

What cracks me up, is he said it happened 5 years ago. I think Bomani Jones pointed out in the video of an Ole Miss flag in the background.

The dude has serious character flaws and will say just about anything now to rid himself of the bad PR.

I think pot should be legal, but the profession he has decided to pursue has a zero tolerance on marijuana. Just like mine does as well. I would love to toke up every once in awhile, but I know it's my career on the line... yet these football players seem to think they can get away with anything. So nope... do not feel bad that he lost $10 million for mistakes HE KNOWINGLY made.

..and now he moves to Miami where temptations are all over the place.

Not to mention his instagram hack-posts are going to ruin Ole Miss for a little while too.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Jon

Quote from: Jack on April 29, 2016, 01:29:19 PM
I've said this about other people but I think it's crazy to harshly judge someone for smoking pot in college. I don't think anyone is acting like a career person at 18.

According to him, he was 16 and in high school.

Jon

Quote from: Jack on April 29, 2016, 01:52:14 PM
Then I would hold him less accountable. Even if it was a month ago...he's smoking pot. It's not like he's attacking someone. Was it the best choice? No, but I wouldn't say a kid smoking pot means he has big character issues.

It wasn't really 5 years ago... he was lying... aka character issues.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Jack on April 29, 2016, 01:29:19 PM

Plus, he's not a QB, so it doesn't really matter as much.

What does that mean?

Cory

Quote from: Jon on April 29, 2016, 01:36:02 PM
According to him, he was 16 and in high school.

I think he wasn't able to comprehend what was happening so he tried to do whatever it took to save face and save his stock. This video and all this stuff leaked like what, 5-10 mins before the Rams picked? His agent was probably too busy calling teams to properly assist his client and dude was trying to do whatever it took to save face. I'm not saying he doesn't have character flaws at all, but still.

I completely agree about him falling for doing something that the NFL has zero tolerance for, but the fact that there's rumors it's his step dad sabotaging him and releasing the video before he had a chance to defend himself (and he's never failed a drug test at Ole Miss) is dirty as fuck.

Jon

Quote from: Cory on April 29, 2016, 02:03:35 PM
I think he wasn't able to comprehend what was happening so he tried to do whatever it took to save face and save his stock. This video and all this stuff leaked like what, 5-10 mins before the Rams picked? His agent was probably too busy calling teams to properly assist his client and dude was trying to do whatever it took to save face. I'm not saying he doesn't have character flaws at all, but still.

I completely agree about him falling for doing something that the NFL has zero tolerance for, but the fact that there's rumors it's his step dad sabotaging him and releasing the video before he had a chance to defend himself (and he's never failed a drug test at Ole Miss) is dirty as fuck.

I just go by what I see.

He was asked a question... lied about it.

That shows a lack of integrity to me.

He isn't anyone I would want on my football team.

Jon

Quote from: Jack on April 29, 2016, 02:08:34 PM
??? I don't know who would qualify for your football team. I would doubt that anyone in the NFL has never told a lie.

I think lying is just a part of this kids problem. He has some issues, obviously. But instead of owning up to those mistakes and handling it like an adult. It's not "who he is" or "it was a long time ago". If I'm a NFL GM, I want him to take accountability, but instead he seems to be trying to use the "victim" card and the whoa is me. \

No integrity.

Don't want him on my football team. Glad he is going to Miami where I'm sure he'll have a problem-free career.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Jack on April 29, 2016, 02:04:11 PM
I mean in general, you need your QB to be the responsible, level headed, and mature one.

Other positions it's not as important.

Lots of other positions have character issues but are great (Dez Bryant) but when it's a QB (Like Manziel) it derails.

That said, I don't think smoking pot is something I would get that stressed out about.

I just don't see where not being a head case isn't important at any position.

Manziel also doesn't have Bryant's talent. That's what's not getting him a job.

I think me and Jon are on the same page. Our thoughts about weed are separate from the actions of the cover up or excuses. Just be upfront about it. Always comes out easier in the end. It's just like lying to your parents. Now if the Dolphins are telling him to deny till he lies that's another sitch

Cory

How do you guys feel about your drafts?

I think the Eagles drafted the right positions but not the best prospects. I'm a fan of two of our late rounds picks in Jalen Mills and Alex McAllister (go gators) but pretty disappointed with our 3rd round pick and the running back we picked up.

Most experts are giving us a C grade and I tend to agree.

Black Death

pretty happy , they address there needs and might have pick up a RB that going to sustain them for years to come ... but it a wait and see thing with that.
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

Quote from: Black Death on May 01, 2016, 11:03:28 PM
pretty happy , they address there needs and might have pick up a RB that going to sustain them for years to come ... but it a wait and see thing with that.

I liked the Jaylon Smith pick, was a great moment and you can easily justify the pick...using a 2nd round pick in 2016 on a guy who would be a top 10 pick in 2017.