News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2016 NFL Off-Season Thread

Started by Cory, February 11, 2016, 04:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reb

I'm thrilled with the Redskins picks. DL should have been a priority, and by all accounts, was. But the right player wasn't available when they picked.

They were apparently earmarking Ryan Kelly for the 21st pick but when the Colts swooped in... it was going to be tough. I was hoping for Jarren Reed (he's going to be an absolute monster with Seattle) but Josh Doctson was rated by many as the best receiver in the draft and will be an ideal replacement for Pierre Garcon or DeSean Jackson next season.

Su'a Cravens is a stud and fits the Redskins system perfectly. He'll play both S/LB in the 'Skins dime packages. Truthfully, I'd expect him to start at SS next to DeAngelo Hall and be a difference maker. He's above average in run coverage and has excelled at covering TE's, which is something the Redskins haven't been able to do since Sean Taylor was manning the FS spot.

Fuller was a bit of a luxury pick in the third round after signing Josh Norman but he'll do well in zone coverage this season and allow them to cut Culliver and recoup $8m in cap. Norman, Breeland and Fuller is the best CB trio they've had in many, many years.

Overall, they may not have drafted any starters but they've had 4-5 guys that are going to provide depth in areas they haven't had any.

I hate it but the Cowboys hit a homerun with Ezekiel (although, it's hard to argue that Ramsey/Derrick Henry would have been just as good a duo). Dak Prescott is going to be a disaster and I can't wait to watch that implode.

Mike Powers

Mostly pleased with KC's draft.  Wish they would've done more for the OL, and I'm not sold on Kevin Hogan as a viable QB in the future, but I overall give it a solid "B".  They got the most value for their picks of any team in the draft.

Captain Metro

It was Bill Belichick/10 ... see you in the AFC Championship Game.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Black Death

Quote from: J-Reb on May 02, 2016, 01:43:26 PM

I hate it but the Cowboys hit a homerun with Ezekiel (although, it's hard to argue that Ramsey/Derrick Henry would have been just as good a duo). Dak Prescott is going to be a disaster and I can't wait to watch that implode.

I disargee , yeah would like to have Lynch , he would have fit better ,  but Prescott has no pressure and can sit back learn the postion for a few years before he has to start. Dallas is in a win win , he either get better and will be ready in few years , or  he does not improve they go to another person, it not like he was a first round big money pick , that got to start right away to justify the money. 4th round qb price , long term investment , safe bet
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

Quote from: J-Reb on May 02, 2016, 01:43:26 PM
I'm thrilled with the Redskins picks. DL should have been a priority, and by all accounts, was. But the right player wasn't available when they picked.

They were apparently earmarking Ryan Kelly for the 21st pick but when the Colts swooped in... it was going to be tough. I was hoping for Jarren Reed (he's going to be an absolute monster with Seattle) but Josh Doctson was rated by many as the best receiver in the draft and will be an ideal replacement for Pierre Garcon or DeSean Jackson next season.

Su'a Cravens is a stud and fits the Redskins system perfectly. He'll play both S/LB in the 'Skins dime packages. Truthfully, I'd expect him to start at SS next to DeAngelo Hall and be a difference maker. He's above average in run coverage and has excelled at covering TE's, which is something the Redskins haven't been able to do since Sean Taylor was manning the FS spot.

Fuller was a bit of a luxury pick in the third round after signing Josh Norman but he'll do well in zone coverage this season and allow them to cut Culliver and recoup $8m in cap. Norman, Breeland and Fuller is the best CB trio they've had in many, many years.

Overall, they may not have drafted any starters but they've had 4-5 guys that are going to provide depth in areas they haven't had any.

Fuller was a steal, really disappointed Philly passed over him.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

¿PapaPancho?

Gravedigger

Feeling pretty good about the Raider draft. Karl Joseph is a big hitter, and should pair well with Reggie Nelson at safety. Jihad Ward and Shilique Calhoun add pass rushing depth with Mack, Irvin, Edwards (assuming he's healthy) and Aldon Smith (post suspension). Cook was a surprise, but having a good backup is key (ask the Cowboys...). Depth from the last few rounds, hopefully one or two of them can stick and contribute.

Gravedigger

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on May 02, 2016, 11:45:25 PM
Joey fucking Bosa  :'(

Seems like a plan for the next 10 years move, instead of trying to win with Rivers....

Cory

Fletcher just got paid, $63 million guaranteed. Worth every penny if he stays healthy.

Jon

And the Dak Prescott era begins...

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Gravedigger

I can't stand the Cowboys, but I feel bad for Romo. Guy plays hard every time he's out there, and has gutted it out through injuries in the past. He deserves better than for his body to fail him every year...

Jon

If Dak plays well while he's hurt... I don't think you see him start at QB for Dallas anymore.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Gravedigger

Depending on how Dak does and how things go with Simien (not sure on spelling) and Butt Fumble maybe Denver could look to pick up Romo mid season and take a chance on him for the playoffs...

T-Bonizzle

I think Romo has hit the wall physically, he just can't stay healthy anymore.

Cory