News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Thank You Taker

Started by Cory, April 03, 2017, 12:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: ChrisShields on April 09, 2017, 04:37:32 PM
They didn't pick him though. They picked the guy that was against Orton. They picked the guy that was against Batista. They didn't choose Roman because they wanted to, they chose him because he was the least objectionable choice.

I guess that's the same that happened with Damien Sandow ...

Gravedigger

I remember Ambrose being the most popular when The Shield was together...

ChrisShields

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on April 09, 2017, 07:02:13 PM
I guess that's the same that happened with Damien Sandow ...
No, Sandow was legitimately getting over, and then they fed him to Cena. People liked Reigns when he was in The Shields, because they didn't have to hear him on the mic and he never had to work a full match. Even when him and Rollins were the tag champs, he was the hot tag. As soon as he was on his own, he lost that and people realized that he was a decent wrestler with below average mic skills. Then it got made worse when they started feeding him corny BS lines. The fans rejected it, but Vince didn't care and they've been rejecting it for so long that now it's almost impossible to cheer for him. I was at Mania last year, the boos for him were deafening. When he won, the place booed like crazy. I literally saw people walk out of there, before the match even began.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: ChrisShields on April 09, 2017, 11:10:17 PM
No, Sandow was legitimately getting over, and then they fed him to Cena. People liked Reigns when he was in The Shields, because they didn't have to hear him on the mic and he never had to work a full match. Even when him and Rollins were the tag champs, he was the hot tag. As soon as he was on his own, he lost that and people realized that he was a decent wrestler with below average mic skills. Then it got made worse when they started feeding him corny BS lines. The fans rejected it, but Vince didn't care and they've been rejecting it for so long that now it's almost impossible to cheer for him. I was at Mania last year, the boos for him were deafening. When he won, the place booed like crazy. I literally saw people walk out of there, before the match even began.

I was at 31. He was really over.

And for Sandow I meant more when he was teamed with The Miz.

Gravedigger

In the end, he gets a reaction. That's why he's the big dog. I'd like to see him embrace the boos and go full on heel, but either way people have an opinion. A quiet arena is when bad things happen for a career....

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Gravedigger on April 11, 2017, 07:38:46 PM
In the end, he gets a reaction. That's why he's the big dog. I'd like to see him embrace the boos and go full on heel, but either way people have an opinion. A quiet arena is when bad things happen for a career....

New idea: we protest Roman Reigns by literally giving NO reaction, forcing WWE to pipe some in. WWE shows their true colors in this, and ticket sales and ratings go down dramatically. Stockholders and advertisers alike start to panic, and everything goes in a downward spiral until WWE either gets its crap together or folds trying.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.