News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Tuesday Night SMACKDOWN Updates/Discussion/Spoilers

Started by Cory, July 17, 2016, 11:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

So I watched it (the condensed 80 minute version, same as Raw, thank you Hulu!)

Smackdown was not as good as Raw, but it was DIFFERENT! And that's an improvement in itself.

My one gripe has nothing to do with Smackdown itself as a show, but with the booking of Orton.

Orton is facing the fricking beast at Summerslam... who has laid waste to bigger names than Orton, like Cena and Taker, with no real challenge at all.

It's bad enough that we are supposed to buy Orton as a legitimate challenge, but now he's overselling his shoulder injury as well? A fucking INJURED Orton is supposed to be a credible threat to Lesner? Because he can "pull his finisher out of nowhere?"

That's ridiculous.

As far as Orton's banter with Miz goes, I go back to what I've always said... Orton has zero mic skills, but AMAZING facial expression and body language. He should not talk except on very rare occasions when he will grunt or give a one word answer.

Stop trying to make every wrestler some witty eloquent orator. It gets boring, and in the case of those who are not naturally inclined to it, they get overlooked despite being good at everything else.

Wrestling is supposed to be combative ballet.  Stop having such a dependency on speech.

Gravedigger

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on July 29, 2016, 09:57:03 AM
Actually the Orton and Miz segment was the highlight of the night for me. Orton came across as entertaining for the first time in years, and Miz is great as always.

This segment and the one with Jericho at Battleground are Randy's best entertainment segments ever. I'm actually interested in him now when he has a mic in his hand...

T-Bonizzle

Orton is actually good oin the mic, I think he's just been stifled over his run because of the way they were booking him.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

The TeeJ of Philly

Had it on in the background as I did some editing work, nothing stood out really sans the Slater/Rhino segment. Anyone else feel like they were just copying the 96 Austin/HBK feud layout minus winning the tag titles?

Mike Powers

Yay, a 4th belt that is exactly the same. And as an added bonus, now instead of pennies, we got nickels!

Cory

Smackdown wins this week, not their best show but certainly watchable.

Bliss/Lynch was good, main event was good and I enjoy how much Heath Slater is over.

Hopefully Styles takes the belt of Ambrose at Backlash

Cory

and as incredibly average Miz is as a wrestler, this was a FANTASTIC promo.

! No longer available

jagilki

! JDM The Professional !

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Midas

I just watched this Miz tirade this morning and I loved it. I assumed it was a work and believe it to be a work but honestly they did a great job making me doubt it being a work several times. Bryan calling Miz a corward and Miz going off basically taking what I believe to be a sensitive subject with Bryan and turning it against him. The looks on Maryse and Renee's face was great and honestly when Miz looked at the camera and was screaming I really felt he was pissed and serious...

I didn't dislike Miz before this but I sure enough like him alot now... I really hope they keep the belt on him and ride this out kind of like when Honky Tonk Man was champion. No one during that era expected him to hold that title for that long but he did and when we look back at all the talented wrestlers of that era it is shocking he held it for that long. Miz should have a long title reign going after this record and seeing this promo made me think it is possible.

Fnord

I'm watching Talking Smack now. It's almost better than Smackdown itself. lol

When Carmella turned heel, basically turning the returning Nikki back to face like a flip of the coin I was like... WTF... but then the random attack on Talking Smack leaving DB and Renee kinda speechless... that was good.

Miz has always been great on the mic. I hope to see more of this from him. Let him be angry instead of him being the "actor" blah blah that he has been doing. And poor DB all sad cause he's injured for life. I lol'd at his big angry vein popping out of Miz' head, tho. lol

I still don't see Smackdown filling a PPV.

Backlash PPV

WWE Title
Ambrose (c) VS Styles

SD Tag Team Title Match
Usos VS American Alpha

IC Title Match
Miz VS ??

Women's Title Match
6-Pack Challenge
Becky VS Nattie VS Nikki VS Carmella VS Bliss VS Naomi

What others?

Orton VS Wyatt? Will Orton be ready to wrestle in 2 weeks with that gash in his head?

Rhyno VS Slater ? I'm assuming their teamwork doesn't pan out

Corbin VS Kalisto ? cause he can only push Kalisto's head into a wall so much?

I mean, they'd almost have to use the entire roster to have matches and some of the matches will just seem like the same thing we see during SD.

RAW seems to have too many mid-carders and THEN they are adding in the Cruiserweight Title, but SD doesn't seem to have enough people.

On SD when they showed the 4 guys in the back with Ziggler (Rowan,Corbin,etc) I was like... well there's their whole roster. lol PPV matches are supposed to be "BIG" matches that mean something, not just matches we could/should see on SD.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: Midas on August 24, 2016, 11:29:45 AM
I just watched this Miz tirade this morning and I loved it. I assumed it was a work and believe it to be a work but honestly they did a great job making me doubt it being a work several times. Bryan calling Miz a corward and Miz going off basically taking what I believe to be a sensitive subject with Bryan and turning it against him. The looks on Maryse and Renee's face was great and honestly when Miz looked at the camera and was screaming I really felt he was pissed and serious...

I didn't dislike Miz before this but I sure enough like him alot now... I really hope they keep the belt on him and ride this out kind of like when Honky Tonk Man was champion. No one during that era expected him to hold that title for that long but he did and when we look back at all the talented wrestlers of that era it is shocking he held it for that long. Miz should have a long title reign going after this record and seeing this promo made me think it is possible.

NO! You get right off The Miz bandwagon. I am the ONLY fan of The Miz on this board, day in and day out, every day for 10 years! You're just a faker hitching yourself to the new fad. Where were you when he was the most must see WWE Champion of all time? Where were YOU during the dark days of his face turn? WHERE WERE YOU when he was feuding with Jerry Lawler? No where to be seen that's where! I thought so! You think you like him alot now? You don't know what it really is like to be a fan of The Miz's! You're a fake, you're a pretender, don't you walk away! I'm the one who loves The Miz and I deserve some respect for my fandom!

Midas

T-Bonizzle

I'M THE MIZ'S #1 FAN AND I'M...............................................................AWEEEEEESOOOOMMMMMEEEEE!!