News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Tuesday Night SMACKDOWN Updates/Discussion/Spoilers

Started by Cory, July 17, 2016, 11:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezmission Black

Damn good promo by Miz, probably the best he's ever done. As much as I didn't like that they put Cena and Corbin on Smackdown I do have to say Smackdown has been a hell of a lot better than RAW has IMO.

Also I actually like the Smackdown Tag Title look better than the RAW with the Silver instead of Bronze, and as for the rest of the belts, I mean ehhh at least they don't have butterfly's on them.

Drama Queen

OK, I just watched the condensed version on Smackdown and they didn't show this promo! At what point in the show did it happen?

Mike Powers

Cory

Miz is really one of the best talkers and has been for some time...but his moveset is maybe one of the worst which hurts his character. Sure his moveset is what keeps him healthy but its also one of things holding him back in the upper midcaard scene dominated by the best workers in the company.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Mike Powers

What keeps him healthy is not catching his opponents, lol. And I say that as a Miz fan!

Gravedigger

This was good. I think it's being overrated, but it was certainly a side of Miz that I liked seeing. My issue is how will he back this up... Will he use this to gain momentum and push himself toward being a top heel for the company, or will he stand backstage next week and talk about Indiana Jones again? If he does the same old stuff on Smackdown next Tuesday then this was a waste of a good promo.

Take the "pipebomb"... Would we remember it the same if Punk didn't have a classic match with Cena soon after and push himself to the top level of the WWE for 18 months? Yes, he was a star beforehand, but he used a tremendous promo to help push to another level for his career. That's what I'd like to see Miz do. I'm not a fan of his, but if he can catapult himself to a new level based on taking advantage of this promo then I'll respect the hell out of him for it. If he's the same guy next Tuesday, then it means nothing...

Mike Powers

Gravedigger

If he chooses to be a team player and do exactly what they say then I guess he gets what he gets. But didn't Vince say on the Stone Cold podcast he wants guys to grab the brass ring? That sounds to me like if you've got something to offer beyond what creative writes for you then put it out there. I'm not saying go off script completely and flat out reject what's been written for him, but if this promo is who Miz is, if this is the guy he wants the world to see, then he needs to show it to us each and every week. If he's determined to be this guy, then show us this guy...

Remember, creative once had us watching The Ringmaster and Rocky Maivia.... Sometimes the performer needs to put themselves out there and show us what they've got, not what they've been given.

Cory

Quote from: Gravedigger on August 24, 2016, 11:00:08 PM
If he chooses to be a team player and do exactly what they say then I guess he gets what he gets. But didn't Vince say on the Stone Cold podcast he wants guys to grab the brass ring? That sounds to me like if you've got something to offer beyond what creative writes for you then put it out there. I'm not saying go off script completely and flat out reject what's been written for him, but if this promo is who Miz is, if this is the guy he wants the world to see, then he needs to show it to us each and every week. If he's determined to be this guy, then show us this guy...

Remember, creative once had us watching The Ringmaster and Rocky Maivia.... Sometimes the performer needs to put themselves out there and show us what they've got, not what they've been given.

To be fair (and in the wrong topic) Cesaro has lowkey been spitting fire in his backstage segments recently...damn shame they're direct releases to the YouTube channel and not hitting television...in regards to someone taking the brass ring. Miz had the exposure, Cesaro has been doing it for weeks.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Duckman

Is it leading anywhere with Bryan?  Cause it felt like a promo to start a feud, but obviously Bryan's not physically cleared to wrestle.  If it's not to set anything up with Bryan, then the need to parlay that heat Miz has (which will go really quick if he's back to just being dorky Miz next week) into a good feud for the IC Title. 

It's a start for the guy.  But like with Ziggler, if you present a guy a certain way for years on end, it takes more than one promo or one title match to undo the perception fans have of him.

But yeah, it was a fun shouty promo and Miz has always been good at them.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Fnord

- Forbes has an article about the Miz - Daniel Bryan angle from Talking Smack this past Tuesday night. For what it's worth, they are reporting that "a source with inside knowledge" told them that "WWE has not completely shut the door on a Daniel Bryan return to the ring." They noted how Bryan had been cleared by doctors to return to the ring, but it was WWE that was preventing his return, that we had reported earlier this year.

They added that WWE is planning on continuing the angle with wrestlers calling out Bryan for not wrestling and retiring to continue to tease a Bryan return. They did admit that it "remains unlikely" that he will return to the ring.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Mike Powers

Gravedigger

I could see him punching Miz and maybe throwing on the Yes Lock, but I don't see a match happening...

Rob

Meltzer has said unless something changes very recently he's not returning to wrestling
SixersEagles

[/center]

Drama Queen

Looking at the matches listed in the prediction game, it occurs to me that maybe the brand specific supercards (is there any point calling them pay-per-views anymore?) might only be two hours.

I really really hope this is the case. Honestly we don't need anymore three hour shows, and if it is only two hours, I might actually make the effort to watch it!