WWE Fastlane 2018 - Live Blog plus Hype and Such

Started by Alex Smiley, March 04, 2018, 07:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Hey everyone, as per suggestion from the OPW Discord Chat I'm gonna start doing live blogging of certain wrestling shows that are coming up...and the first one on tap is the last PPV before Wrestlemania (and the last single-branded PPV), WWE Fastlane 2018! I'll kick this thread off with a preview of the show to come, post any updates on the card before the show starts, and then (provided I don't miss the show) be posting results in a live blog style either personally or by way of my friends at Wrestleview.com!

— — —

On March 11 the stars of Smackdown Live are on the express lane to Wrestlemania with WWE Fastlane 2018! The main event of the evening will see six men vying for their right to be WWE Champion heading into Wrestlemania! Here's a look at the card so far:

WWE Championship – Six Pack Challenge
AJ Styles (c) vs. John Cena vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin

Will AJ Styles be able to fight off the slew of contenders before him? Are the cracks beginning to show in the friendship between Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens, or will the power of the Yep Movement help them decide who represents the cause as champion? After vacating the United States Championship and disappearing (for like a month tops), will the Showoff be able to pick up a World title again or will Baron Corbin ruin his plans? And what about John Cena, who is still looking for that marquee Wrestlemania match and hopes to earn it by becoming the WWE Champion for a record-breaking 17th time?

WWE United States Championship
Bobby Roode (c) vs. Randy Orton

Speaking of the United States Championship, the vacating of the title led to a tournament that Bobby Roode won, hindering the Maharajah himself Jinder Mahal in the process to become the new United States Champion! Will he be able to retain the title, or will the Viper be successful on his new title hunt?

Smackdown Women's Championship
Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ruby Riott

Since their debut on Smackdown Live, the Riott Squad have been a force to be reckoned with...but can their leader Ruby Riott topple the Queen of Smackdown Live and become the new Smackdown Women's Champion? Or will Charlotte be able to retain the title...and do it with flair?

Smackdown Tag Team Championships
The Usos (c's) vs. The New Day

A long-standing feud in the past few months, The Usos look to finally put an end to the contention of the longest-reigning Tag Team Champions in WWE history. Will they put the New Day on lockdown, or can the Power of Positivity break free of the Uso Penitentiary?

— — —

So, who's excited for Fastlane!?

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

FXBlade

I don't think I've ever been less hyped for a pre mania show than this.  Everything seems to be set in stone for mania.  No excitement, no huge swerves, nothing.

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

T-Bonizzle

Even though nothing will change, the matches themselves should still be fun. Many great performers in each.

Alex Smiley

After last night's Smackdown Live, two matches have been added to the Fastlane card:

Women's Tag Match
Becky Lynch & Naomi vs Natalya & Carmella

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Rusev

Alex Smiley

To quote an old RAW theme, "Tonight is the night!" What match are you most excited for on this show, the final brand-exclusive PPV?

I might not catch the show from the very beginning due to some family stuff, but I will still try to get a live blog going! I'll have a link to that posted here when it's closer to time!

Alex Smiley

Well, friends...Fastlane has come and gone. Here's some quick results (SPOILERS ahead):

[spoiler]Quick Results:

Preshow: Six Man Tag Match
Tye Dillinger & Breezeango def. Mojo Rawley, Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin

Shinsuke Nakamura def. Rusev

United States Championship
Randy Orton def. Bobby Roode

Carmella & Natalya def. Naomi & Becky Lynch

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
Ended in a No Contest

Smackdown Women's Championship
Charlotte Flair def. Ruby Riott

WWE Championship - Six Pack Challenge
AJ Styles pinned John Cena to retain the title[/spoiler]

So...what did you think of WWE Fastlane? For those of you who read the live blog, what did you think of the format? T-Bone and I are working on some things, and by the time Wrestlemania rolls around we'll have something more solid in place. In ten minutes I'll be making a big announcement for a giveaway, so watch this space!

Alex Smiley

Giveaway time! I have a nice little stock of goodies, and I wanna give some of it away to you the faithful OPW Community! Over the next week I'll be giving away ten Occupy Pro Wrestling pins, five Legends of the Lucha Temple magnets, five Occupy Pro Wrestling wristbands, and a free t-shirt of your choice from the Occupy Pro Wrestling shop at What A Maneuver! Here's how to enter:

- If you're a part of the OPW Community, you're already eligible. If you're viewing this as a guest, register an account on the forums!
- I will be posting some discussion topics on the forums over the next few days...and all you gotta do is respond. You can even make new topics of your own, if you so choose!
- I will take the names of people who do the above and select two names randomly each day for one of the small prizes (everything but the shirt).
- At the end of the week, I will randomly pick from everyone who participated in discussions for the chance to win the free t-shirt!
- I will send you a PM on the forums if you've won a smaller prize during the week, and announce the Grand Prize winner at the end of the week!

Looking forward to some fun discussion this week, OPW Community! See you on the forums.

~ Alex Smiley