News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

I don't eWrestle anymore, because...

Started by sc00t, June 13, 2018, 09:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sc00t

I *do* eWrestle, but why don't you eWrestle anymore? What are the barriers? What would get you back into playing?

Snap

For me, I hate RPing. I like the dynamic of my characters, but I do not enjoy having to RP against other players. While I might consider the occasional one-off, I have no interest in e-fedding on a regular basis again.

Judge

Writing 2000 word RPs twice a week is too much GD writing for me.  At a certain point, some people take RPs too long and too far and there's no point when you're competing against someone who can turn out a novella every week.  To me, RPing should be about cutting a promo against each other, not about what you're character is doing to work out or what they're having for lunch, their love life, or what car their driving.  That's what drove me away.

Back in my day, We had 1-2 paragraph promos we would cut against each other.  That was the RPing I grew up with.  When it migrated to all of these lengthy blocks of text, I stopped doing it.

Mark Mania

Piggy backing on Judge, the amount of writing did become a bit much. I don't mind 2-3k once per week, but multiple times per week or even in APW when it was 10,000 words a week to compete for the world title, it was damn near impossible.

Also, I like rp'ing with people I've known for awhile. If a fed popped up and it was full of people that I've known for years and the OOC community was vibrant, I'd definitely get back into it full time.

Judge

So if someone made  a fed that limited RPs to 280 characters, ya'll would be down, right?

Doug E Fresh

Time. Too hard to sit down now and write a quality rp weekly.

Quote from: Judge on June 14, 2018, 11:32:17 AM
So if someone made  a fed that limited RPs to 280 characters, ya'll would be down, right?

Like a e-fed ran on twitter? lol

Judge

T-Bonizzle

We still have that fed idea we've been kicking around on Discord. 300 words max baby. Absolutely ridiculous characters. It would be a grand ol time.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Judge on June 14, 2018, 04:35:24 PM
Alex knows what I'm talking about.

I do recall a trial run of a fed basically run through Twitter, which at the time was limited to 140 characters. Was that it, or is this something else?

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Judge

Quote from: Alex Smiley on June 14, 2018, 05:24:43 PM
I do recall a trial run of a fed basically run through Twitter, which at the time was limited to 140 characters. Was that it, or is this something else?

Yep.  I still have the Twitter account.

sc00t

I was the twitter efed guy. It did not do well.

For those saying "I dont wanna write tonnes" what about something like OSW? 500 words of dialogue max, most people just do dialogue so no scene needed. One show a week.

I ran an angle fed recently (that again I struggled with just from a recruitment perspective) and we kept segments short, like 250 was the average, and matches were 300 words max, so people could write a segment a week if they wanted, 250 words a week. Manageable.

This whole "pump out a novella of content a week" approach needs to change in efedding. We're older now. We've got kids, and jobs, and some of us have sex. Our time is restricted much more.

Russ

Quote from: sc00t on June 15, 2018, 06:48:34 AM
some of us have sex. Our time is restricted much more.

How many words can you really write in three minutes though?
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

MrMaggot

As far as I am concerned I am retired from RP fed's for the time being, as has been raised above, the whole issue of having to write about their private life outside of a wrestling context is just too much damn effort - and if I can be honest... it's cringe as fuck when you drag romantic relationships into efedding.

Thankfully, I've made the switch fully to Angle Feds. There's a lot less drama and a lot more co-operation sure, I actually have to thank Sc00t for introducing me to the concept lol. Its made my ewrestling hobby so much more fun since, and I've applied it onto my own fed I run since we've seen a massive decline in membership. You actually have to build storytelling like you would see on tv without worrying about stupid wins and losses.

Judge

Quote from: Jack on June 15, 2018, 04:50:47 PM
We need 'like' buttons on this forum.

I can add Karma back if Alex wants it. We removed it back in the day because it was a shitshow

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Judge on June 16, 2018, 09:03:06 AM
I can add Karma back if Alex wants it. We removed it back in the day because it was a shitshow

I distinctly remember random people complaining about their negative karma lol