News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

AEW

Started by Midas, June 03, 2019, 10:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

What do you all think about it? I watched Double or Nothing and enjoyed it a lot. I am not sure if the blood in the Rhodes match is what made it so interesting to me but none the less it was my favorite match of the night. I am looking forward to seeing the weekly show on TNT.

Midas

I agree 100% with that. Yeah it might be early but this company has potential with a owner who has money to spend.

Yes the Lucha match and Omega match was good... There were moments on the card I did not enjoy but overall it was enjoyable...

I look forward to the moments in the future where WWE guys sign with AEW and debut on TV...

Mike Powers

Haven't seen All In or DoN, but will definitely check out the TNT show in the fall.

Midas

Quote from: Jack on June 03, 2019, 11:25:01 PM
Maybe it's because so many people have been misused on WWE...but I'm not super pumped about a bunch of them coming to AEW. I'd rather they stick with most of the guys they have. A few would be cool but overall, but I'd hate for it to feel like a WWE cast off destination.

I agree they should build up their roster and use the pool they currently have. Unlike the days of the Monday Night Wars where guys could jump on a weekly basis I dont see AEW guys jumping to WWE like it happened back in the day considering WWE wants most guys to go through NXT. But I mean think about someone like Ziggler who is constantly dicked around in WWE. His contract ends it would be awesome to see someone like him jump and do something great there.

Alex Smiley

Overall I thought the show was great. I think I popped almost as hard for Moxley as the crowd did...did you hear that crowd, though? That crowd was hot for just about everything...aside from the Super Smash Bros appearance. I don't blame them, though...SSB haven't been a major name on the indies in a while (especially given they both stopped appearing the US for the most part due to visa troubles), so to have them pop back up in what is essentially their current indy gimmick, which I think is mainly seen in one promotion (I wanna say Smash Wrestling, funny enough, in Canada)...yeah, that's a tough sell. To make matters more difficult, the obvious legal issue of calling them Super Smash Bros was pretty evident, and it seemed Excalibur had to do the brunt of the work on commentary but could only basically say he knew who they were...yeah, that segment missed the mark. It was still really cool to see SSB again, and I look forward to seeing more of them when they can sort some of that out.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.