Sean Avery- 6 games for "sloppy seconds"??

Started by Adam Michaels, December 07, 2008, 04:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Michaels

In one of the strangest suspensions I've seen yet, the NHL gave Sean Avery a six-game suspension for going on-camera and referring to his ex-girlfriends dating other hockey players and referring to them as his "sloppy seconds". Now I know something like that probably shouldn't have been said on-camera, but I'm wondering- did he get 6 games for the remarks, or did he get 6 games just because it's Sean Avery?

What kind of disciplinary action would have been handed out if the offender was, say, someone like Sidney Crosby?

Judge

I've got another question.

People care about hockey?
;)

Patrick Sharp

Geordie

Even though the thread is bumped considerably, I have to agree with Sharp here.  :D

But yeah, he ended up being gone a hell of a lot longer than 6 games.  I'd venture to say he missed about 25 NHL games at least for what he said, just because Dallas wanted nothing to do with him.  Oh well, he's back on his big stage at Madison Square Garden, so the issue's dead to me.

Quote[Today at 02:28:53 PM] Black Death: i thought  rettop had a raping promo
[Today at 02:28:55 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I know I did a snippet in a Rettop RP once, is that what you meant?
[Today at 02:28:59 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: ...
[Today at 02:29:02 PM] Black Death: yeah
[Today at 02:29:13 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I think EVERYONE is sigging that, BD

Logan Taylor

I think he got the suspension because he is Sean Avery. I mean 6 games for making a comment like that is a bit much I think. Anyone else would have gotten a slap on the wrist or a small fine I think.

Cory

I'm from Canada and HATE hockey, but I do like Avery, because I'm from hos (one...he has two) hometowns. He's good for the game. Hockey is only good for Avery and Fighting....and they're trying to get rid of both.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Corey

Boarding someone from behind = 2 games.
Insulting someone's girlfriend = 6 games, suspension from team, demotion, waivers

The NHL is run by goddamn morons.

That being said, Sean Avery has been playing good for The Rangers since being claimed by them.  Although, they lost today, which hopefully means the Habs can catch back up with them. :(

The Murph

Hockey rules. Way much better then that thing you call Baseball. Oh look he made a pitch. Let's wait 3 mins for the next one now.

As far as Avery goes. He got it for being Avery just like Osama over there said lol. He is bad for the sport of hockey. He makes it look like a goon sport. Which sucks because he is talented. He can be tough (when he isnt pussing out and running away from ppl). he can score ( when he puts an effort in) and could be a leader on any team. I'd compare him to a somewhat lesser talented Mark Messier. Sadly he will never reach what many expected of him.

calvin

this is old, but I'll clear things up. He got suspended because Dion Pheneuff (sp) would be KILLED him if he played that game. They basically saved avery's life.