News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The last book you read?

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exile

Debating Race by Michael Eric Dyson

Dyson is one of the leading authorities in race relations in America and is a strong advocate for racial equality between everyone who is bitching at one another.

Great book, terrific writer. I love his stuff.

Check out You Know What I Mean? About the state of current hip hop music and the congessional trials to censor them.

Next up: Robin Wright's Dreams and Shadows. The Future of the Middle East.

Black Death

Quote from: Gary on July 14, 2008, 02:32:23 PM

Current Book The Stand by Stephen King (fuck you Monks)

I hope  it is the unabridged version... That was a great read

The Eldest  book 2 to the Inheritance  Trilogy... love this story and if I every have time I will get book 3  ;D
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Draeden

I'm trying to read Royal Assassin at the moment but I spend more time writing than actually reading anything. Finished Assassin's Apprentice not long ago, Robin Hobb owns. I'm up to book 2 of the Farseer Trilogy.

Adam Wrong

Quote from: Brandon Watkins on July 13, 2008, 09:33:40 PM
Probably either Pet Cemetery, or A Child Called It.

Read the whole trilogy of the latter book Brandon as it is a fascinating and heart breaking read.

Anyway while on holiday got into reading again and polished off Children of Hurin by JRR Tolkein which was slow to start and Christopher Tolkein decided instead of bridging the gaps that were never finished, he would cobble some bullshit together and leave the story still feeling half told.

I after playing the mafia game somewhere decided I would start reading the Dark Tower Series and so I read the Gunslinger and all I can say is wow! Fantastic book and come payday book 2 is being bought

Shannon Skanes

Currently reading "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins.

I also read anything by Dean Koontz, have done so for decades now.

Kendell Smith

The Dark Tower - The Gunslinger

Currently reading The Drawing of the Three, basically Stephen King's version of Lord of the Rings

Black Death

Quote from: Kendell Smith on July 15, 2008, 07:50:49 PM
The Dark Tower - The Gunslinger

Currently reading The Drawing of the Three, basically Stephen King's version of Lord of the Rings

Nice Kendall  it a great books. 

Summer Knight  book 3 of the Dresden Files ... Love the Dresden Files books read everyone of them.  need to get the new one called Small Favors.   if you have a chance I say check these books out
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

TheNthDegree

The Dresden Files is a GREAT book series.
I own all but the latest :(

TaNK

I'm not a big fiction fan, but I have always wanted to get into the The Dark Tower series. I saw a comic book of that in Barnes N Noble.. Is that any good?

Kendell Smith

It's brilliant, the gunslinger is a hard read but coming towards the end you can't put the book down and so far the drawing of the three has been amazing. I have the graphic novel knocking around somewhere but wont read it because apparantly it gives away the storyline.

Dave Johnson

Looking For Alibrandi

Had to read that crap for School as it is going to be on the exam, I must say I actually enjoyed it. So much better than the usual crap shit books we get, so it was good for a change.

Kenfucius

Quote from: Kaladan on July 15, 2008, 03:07:11 PM
I'm trying to read Royal Assassin at the moment but I spend more time writing than actually reading anything. Finished Assassin's Apprentice not long ago, Robin Hobb owns. I'm up to book 2 of the Farseer Trilogy.

Agreed, which is funny, because when she was writing under the name Megan Lindholm, I found her nigh on unreadable. I've read every series she's put out under her own name though, and they've been uniformly entertaining.

My last book was Syrup, by Max Barry (again), that'd be the debut novel of the guy who wrote Jennifer Government and inspired the Nationstates website. Quality author.

Crimson King

Quote from: Kendell Smith on July 17, 2008, 04:06:10 AM
It's brilliant, the gunslinger is a hard read but coming towards the end you can't put the book down and so far the drawing of the three has been amazing. I have the graphic novel knocking around somewhere but wont read it because apparantly it gives away the storyline.

You can't go wrong with the Dark Tower cycle. Fucking brilliance.

Right now I'm reading "1984" by George Orwell. Book before that was "Survivor" by Chuck Palahniuk.

Adam Wrong

Yay bought parts 2, 3 and 4 yesterday in waterstones for 3 for 2 of DarkTower so will be punishing them this week or so

chunkylover

I'm a good 2 thirds of the way through "the World According to Bertie" by Alexander McCall Smith,

Shakespeare by Bill Bryson is a good easy read too :]