News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebel Child

Across the Universe

5/5 Stars.

This movie is amazing - i wasn't sure if I would like it.  However, I remembered the conversation I had with Exile about it, and decided to check it out last night.  Okay some of the songs I didn't care for, Beatles is... a lot of different flavors through the years after all, but even with my not liking the originals - I enjoyed this immensly.  It's definitely better than the BEe gee's Sgt Peppers and the Lonely Heartsclub band movie they did in the 70's that's for damn sure.  The acting is amazing, the cameos superb, and the music? to die for.

TaNK

Christine

Classic horror film by Stephen King. I actually forgot how good it is. Watched it monday night.

TaNK

Run Fatboy Run

From the guys who brought you Shaun Of The Dead even if it doesnt have the fat guy in it. Funny movie, I enjoyed it from start to finish.

Excaligore

The Deer Hunter

One of those "best movie ever" type movies. I honestly didn't get it until watching the third time and actually getting through it. A bit super over pretentious but a damn good film. But, I can't stand the fact there's a half hour of oversaturation to prove that the main characters are just "average Joes". I think we got that from the first scene were they were working in a factory(First scene. Probably less than five minutes in duration). Seriously could have cut the first third of the movie down to ten minutes.

Other than that, fantastic film.

4/5 stars (Please don't shoot me movie snobs for not giving it it's 5.)

Black Death

Rocky IV   

Rocky watches apollo die , vows to get the Russian,  trains old school , climbs mountain and yells  "DRAGO"  many times ,  Beat russian in big bloody fight ,   ends cold war with "We all can change speech" 

GREAT Film
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Duckman

Blade 2.  Made by the guy who made Pans Labyrinth which I loved and also the Hellboy movies.

It was ok, nothing amazing.  I actually quite liked the premise of the film.

Action scenes were good and Snipes played the role well.  Although granted he doesn't need to do much.

I think i'd give it a C just because it didn't quite have the right flow and also the ending was a bit weak.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Black Death

I like Blade 2,  only problem I had was I wish thay had done more with the Blood pack ,  I would have like to have seen thme in action more and maybe more interaction with them.   learned about them , they were some interesting character,  Lighthammer FTW

Rebel Child

Blade 2 was good, but I think this was when Snipes was turning into a ripe bitch and it just escalated from there.  I honestly think that they shouldn't have rushed it, given more indepth information and the like to make it even more so better honestly.

Now Trinity? That was good just for the simple fact that there was more time for the others and not Snipes.

Black Death

RC remember Trinty was supposed to lead into the NIghtstalkers  movie .   that why we got more of the others .  It would ahve work too

Duckman

Iron Man.  I thought this was excellent, one of the best comic book movies I've seen.

Robert Downey Jnr was amazing, stole every scene and carried the whole film expertly.  He made the Stark character likeable when other actors would have just made him an asshole.

The actions scenes were great, especially the flying scenes, I loved the bit with Iron Man version one coming out and kicking the shit out of everyone and then flying away and crashing, lol.

Although some of the characters didn't have much depth, I still really enjoyed this and I'm looking forward to seeing the second one!

I'll give it a A.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Tim-Æ

The General - starring Buster Keaton, this silent film from the 1920s is quite remarkable really. I know that upon its original release it was blasted for being pathetic and boring. But after decades upon decades of rewatching its become a classic because of the slapstick humor, and honestly some of the best stunts I've ever seen in a film - all done by Buster Keaton, with no stunt doubles, and no miniatures. A pretty simple concept that revolves around the Civil War and the infamous train chase that goes back and forth for days. Watching a film this old really makes you appreciate what we can do with film today, and even criticize the stuff of today a lot harsher. The train chase is ridiculous, and considering production costs, I'm stunned a movie like this was made in the 1920's given all of the production that went into this. I strongly recommend you all take a gander at this one. A

TaNK

Enemy Mine.

Excellent movie from the 80's about a pair of enemies that are marooned on a somewhat empty planet and they have to learn to get along and live with each other. Teaches a valuable lesson except I hate that little Zammis kid lol

9/10

Tim-Æ

Quote from: Excaligore on August 21, 2008, 08:31:03 AM
The Deer Hunter

One of those "best movie ever" type movies. I honestly didn't get it until watching the third time and actually getting through it. A bit super over pretentious but a damn good film. But, I can't stand the fact there's a half hour of oversaturation to prove that the main characters are just "average Joes". I think we got that from the first scene were they were working in a factory(First scene. Probably less than five minutes in duration). Seriously could have cut the first third of the movie down to ten minutes.

Other than that, fantastic film.

4/5 stars (Please don't shoot me movie snobs for not giving it it's 5.)

I'm a movie snob, but I am annoyed with the Deer Hunter. It's a good film don't get me wrong but it is just too fucking long, and a lot of it is just filler. It's littered with tons of inaccuracies but those are permissable in my book so long as the story utilizes them properly. De Niro's the shit in it, as is Christopher Walken. However....Best Picture? Nah. I tried to watch this a second time and I just couldn't sit there for more than 20 minutes of it. Perhaps when I have a free afternoon I'll try it again. But for right now....meh B

Duckman

Hancock.

Fantastic until the last 20 minutes, then died on its arse.

I just didn't understand or see the need for the whole angle with Bateman's wife.  Also, how the fuck did the dude who got his hand chopped off know about Hancock and the woman, they never explained that at all.

Had all the makings of one of the smartest, funny and interesting comic book type movies ever.  Ended up knee deep in cliche ville and struggling to even make sense.

C+.

Peace

Duckman

TaNK

The Warriors.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080120/

Classic movie. I absolutely loved it and thought it was badass. I have never seen it before until last night. Its about a gang trying to go through others gangs territories to get back home without getting killed.