News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Official NFL Thread

Started by Tremere, July 25, 2008, 06:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremere

Since we seem to be lacking a NFL thread for the season as an avid football fan i feel its my duty to start one up. The season is going to be getting started soon and to kick this thread off i will post up a few of my thoughts.

I am a MEGA Miami Dolphins fan (yeah, yeah i hear ya) With the loss of Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas i feel our already suspect devense might be taking more hits yet again this year. However we did a decent job in the draft and filled in a few key positions i think will help in the backfield as well as produce some offense this season, still a long way from a winning season in my opinion but here's hoping.

The Saints are looking strong acquiring Jeremy Shockey this off season will give them a tough over the middle set of hands. Along with Drew Breeze who is just one of the most under appreciated quarterbacks in the league i have high hopes for this team this year.

The Redskins yet another team i hold out hope for this season. Santana Moss is a beast and they picked up Miami's Jason Taylor to help solidify their pass rush. Clinton Portis is usually a reliable back. The defense was on the right track last season but i fear that the death of Shawn Taylor might hurt them in the long run, or perhaps light a fire under the defense unit who knows?

The Bengals although i am not a huge Bengals fan their are my hometown team so im adding them. Plus since i am local i get the chance to get the inside track on them a little. From the looks of it with the loss of Chris Henry due to all his problems and with Chad Johnson not wanting to play here anymore i fear the worst for the offense but hope for the best. The defense looks a little more solid after having time to get hurt players healthy and drafting some new names and faces. In a few weeks they start training camp at their practice feild about 20 miles from my home and if i get the chance i will attend and update this team a little more for those who are interested if any.

Just a few short summaries of teams i follow and care a little about. In general i think the Cowboys are going to be a force to be reckoned with. They have a new stadium on the way if not starting this year and they need the wins to bring in the fans to pay for the stadium as well as the talent to go all the way.  The Giants i would love to see them do well yet again this season, i honestly don't see them as a repeat championship team but after last year and their tremendous finish to the season as well as providing me with an excellent thrilling Super Bowl i will wish them the best.

Ok people lets hear about your teams and expectations, the good the bad the ugly, cmon, im a Dolphins Fan you cant hurt my feelings but i would love to read about yours.

TaNK

Colts.

Superbowl.

Fuck the Patriots.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

JaceGryphon

I usually hold out hope for me Jets, but this year, I've already got a feeling they'll be 8-8 at best.  Last year was just a huge fuckin' disappointment.  We picked up Tom Jones and Chad Pennington stayed healthy through pre-season, so I had my hopes up, because previously, the track record was, if Chad stayed healthy, we made the playoffs.  So I have no clue what happened there last year going 4-12.  I really don't pay -that- close attention to it so I have no clue who all they may have picked up or lost through free agency and trading, but there was one draft pick that raised my hopes a bit, Eric Ainge.  I've said for years that the Jets Achelies (sp?) heel has been the lack of a solid back-up quarterback.  It was a problem when Testaverde was the man, every time he got hurt, we'd throw in Ray Lucas (fucking joke) or whoever it was at the time, and we'd win a maximum of 4 games that year.  Then Pennington came along and Testaverde went the way of the dodo.  Then it was the same story with Chad, he'd get hurt, and we'd put in Brooks Bollinger or Kellen Clemens, and be lucky to see 5 wins.  So hopefully Ainge proves to be a good pick up if we end up having to use him.  The other issue the Jets need to work out is they need to establish a go-to running back.  Two years ago, they had 1500+ yards rushing as a team, but it was split up between 3 different guys who had 500+ yards each.  A quality running back has 500+ yards rushing in the first 3 or 4 weeks.  God I wish Curtis Martin was still playing...11 consecutive 2000+ yard years!  Last year I don't even know if they hit 1000 yards as a team they were so pathetic, but whatever yards they had they still split them up between Tom Jones and Leon Washington.  Pick one and make him work!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I will be once more cheering on the worst offense for 2008 in the Bears. We cut Benson, we let Berrian and Moose go...and replaced them with pretty much nobody. Unless Forte comes out the blocks running and we get some more production out of Olsen and Clark and also solve the worst QB controversy in football, expect nothing from us.

I am glad they sorted the defense though giving cash at Urlacher, Harris and Briggs. This is the only thing that can give us a half decent season.

Hester...well the jury is still out on him as a WR (he wants more cash, which I can understand), but as a returns man he was our offense last year and deserves to get something from it.

My one hope...we some how do the miracle dance and get Brett Favre. Never going to happen, but if anyone needs a QB we do!!!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

Eagles?

Donovan was good, but you can't have your star QB getting hurt when the team needs to be the strongest. With Westbrook being their #1 Running back and #1 Wide Receiver once again, I'd love to see Favre come to Philly, which will never happen, but I can pray.

Anyone want to trade us a receiver?

AudiblyOffensive

Quote from: Ian Trumps on July 25, 2008, 01:11:48 PM
I will be once more cheering on the worst offense for 2008 in the Bears. We cut Benson, we let Berrian and Moose go...and replaced them with pretty much nobody. Unless Forte comes out the blocks running and we get some more production out of Olsen and Clark and also solve the worst QB controversy in football, expect nothing from us.

I am glad they sorted the defense though giving cash at Urlacher, Harris and Briggs. This is the only thing that can give us a half decent season.

Hester...well the jury is still out on him as a WR (he wants more cash, which I can understand), but as a returns man he was our offense last year and deserves to get something from it.

My one hope...we some how do the miracle dance and get Brett Favre. Never going to happen, but if anyone needs a QB we do!!!

But you always have....

GROSSMANNNNNN ONNNNNNN IIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Since I might be the saddest Bears fan ever I have my pride and joy Urlacher top and my...well not so pride and joy Grossman jersey as well.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Hondo

Im also a huge Bengals fan, and its not so much the offense I worry about, its the defense that scares the piss out of me.

Henry is/was ultra-talented and was a great third option. But the Bengals drafted some good WRs in the draft. And it looks like Johnson might play now after all. Palmer has the ability to make receivers better than they are, so Im not worried. Plus its being said that Rudi Johnson is as healthy as he's been in years. And lets not forget they finally got their pass-catching TE in Ben Utecht.

But Im scared stiff looking at this defense. It was bad last year, and I dont think it improved immediately. Odom should fill the gap left by Justin Smith's departure. But that linebacking corps is giving me nightmares at night. Rivers, although I have full confidence in his abilities, probably wont make an impact immediately. Landon Johnson, probably their best LB in the lot, is now gone. And now, your best LB on the field is Dhani Jones. Scary, huh?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

TaNK

Some stupid Kentucky fan

Wooo Pig Sooie!

AudiblyOffensive

Fuck Kentucky... Fuck Arkansas and their coach that will stay for about three weeks...

Fuck Tennessee, Fatass Phil Fullmer... Fuck Florida and Timmy Teabag

Fuck LSU...

FUCK ALABAMA RIGHT IN THE DAMN EAR!

WAR EAGLE!

AudiblyOffensive

Oh... and the Vikings are going to be a beast this year... especially if the Favre trade goes down.

Cory

That girl is fucking hot....

As to the Favre to Min, I already have him in my Fantasy Team, so were good.

All im saying, Eagles will have #1 Defense this league w/ 50 interceptions.

Hondo

Quote from: AudiblyOffensive on July 31, 2008, 06:27:37 PM
Fuck Kentucky... Fuck Arkansas and their coach that will stay for about three weeks...

Fuck Tennessee, Fatass Phil Fullmer... Fuck Florida and Timmy Teabag

Fuck LSU...

FUCK ALABAMA RIGHT IN THE DAMN EAR!

WAR EAGLE!

Oh come on, at least say something bad about UK! You said something about everyone else! We dont wanna be left out!

[/joking]

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty