What Martial Art best fits what I'm looking for?

Started by chunkylover, July 27, 2009, 07:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Quote from: Big Gay Honker on August 02, 2009, 11:39:45 PM
If Vitor does how I think he will, I think he's the one to finish Machida. 

QFT!!!!!

I have it right now: Rampage, Vitor, and Rua.

If Rua is old Rua, we may see a new champ. If not, I have it split between Rampage/Vitor, both with styles who I think could beat Machida.

Still, Kickboxing/Wrestling best MMA combo IMO. You get the best forms of striking with the quickness aspect that Muay Thai lacks in some strikes and Wrestling brings a lot of cardio and how to take a guy down and (at least my wrestling gym) you learn some BJJ moves, but learn more how to defend them and get back up to your feet.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Big Gay Honker

In all honesty I don't know if Rampage can do it. 

Rau...  Maybe

Vitor is the fighter who I'm looking at to do big things in the light heavy division.  I personally feel he has some of the best hands in the sport. 

Nick

It's gonna take a good aggressive wrestler/striker to take out Machida. Henderson at 205 could be the guy. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch with Tito if he can knock off the rust, and for shits and giggles it'd be nice to see Randy fight Lyoto. Shogun's going to give him a good fight, but he's going to go down. Same with Rampage. I'm very optimistic with Vitor's revival in the UFC...sucks to be Rich Franklin.

MitchMMA

Quote from: Big Gay Honker on August 03, 2009, 12:24:49 AM
In all honesty I don't know if Rampage can do it. 

Rau...  Maybe

Vitor is the fighter who I'm looking at to do big things in the light heavy division.  I personally feel he has some of the best hands in the sport. 

I agree with Vitor having phenomenal hands, but I'm not so sure he'll beat Rich Franklin.

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he dropping back to 185 after the fight with Franklin? hell he said he'd only fight Rich at 195 so I doubt he's going back up to Light Heavy anytime soon.

I don't see Rua or Rampage beating Machida either. Page has become so predictable as of late, Machida shouldn't have much of a problem with him.

And I never said karate was an excellent base to have. However there are some good things from it, and Machida is proof of that.

However if a guy knows only karate fights against a Muay Thai guy or a boxer or a wrestler, the karate guy will get his ass kicked 9 times out of 10. I was never debating that.

But you can take the good things from a traditional martial art like karate and blend it into your overall MMA game.