News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

White not speaking with Rampage for taking 'Mr. T' role

Started by Black Death, September 17, 2009, 10:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jon Tees

I agree completely, he was given an opportunity and took it. Honestly, I feel White’s problem is probably more or less related to the fact that he  won’t be getting a cut.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Conor

Remember, this Dana White - complaining about stuff is pretty much what he does.

Look at it this way: you've booked the tenth season of a popular reality TV show around the very real and very heated rivalry of two talented, cocky athletes, Quinton Jackson and Rashad Evans. You've arranged it so that the big blow-off fight between the two can happen in Jackson's home town. Then Rampage decides, without telling you, that he's decided to go do a movie instead. So now you have a show in Memphis with no big Memphis name, and you have to scramble for a suitable replacement main event. It's understandable that Dana would be pissed off.

I still reckon this could work out well in the end. Rampage will get a little more mainstream recognition and Rashad can talk trash for the next six months, building the heat. By the time the fight does roll around, it'll still do good business. Will it do the numbers it might have right after The Ultimate Fighter? Maybe, maybe not, but I still imagine we'll see buys inching around the million mark, or at the very least a high six figure number.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory Chevelle

-sigh- Dammit, Rampage. 

I don't see it working out well for him at all really.  He's not gonna become some big star from what will likely be a big flop of a movie.  But to put off the fight with Rashad for it, I dunno.  Just seems like a bad move imo.