News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

BRETT FAVRE TRADED!

Started by Cory, August 07, 2008, 09:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Yeah, The Packers sent QB Brett Favre to the New York Jets according to the New York Post for a draft pick.

Lame.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

MitchMMA

LMFAO

The Jets?

I don't watch much football but my family are HUGE Jets fans haha

Cory

Jet's suck. They actually do.

MitchMMA

lol they do suck, I will agree haha

T Jay

In my opinion if Favre is actually going to the Jets, they may not suck anymore. Anybody who's anybody even if they don't like him can admit that Brett Favre is a decent to great QB. I mean yea he's getting old and probably doesn't have several seasons left in him, but I'm sure he can still get the job done. It all depends on if he does it or not. If he doesn't mope around cause he's with a team he didn't want to be with, and just concentrates on playing football anywhere because that's what he wanted to do, then I think he could really turn that franchise around.

ACaine

hmmm...I'm not so sure about turning it around, much less as boosting morale. That is a definite...I won't say it's not possible, I mean Two wrds here: Broadway Joe. But I won't play his role and put any guarentees on the Jets making it to the super bowl this year.

Cory

Well, the quality of the team obviously wont go down adding Favre, but they don't have any offense. Thomas Jones last year was awful, and Leon Washington is the only person I see Favre connecting with. Lavernious Coles isn't a deep WR, and that's what Favre need to be sucessful, as he had one hell of an arm.

In GB, he had Donald Driver and Greg Jennings, both speedy, deep WR's.

I dont know how this'll play out.

T Jay

I didn't mean we'd see the Jets in the Super Bowl or close to it this year. But if they can sign Favre to a two season deal they will have time to find a good QB to replace him, then start building a team around Favre, that will then transfer over to a new QB. But it will only work if they get a new QB that's there when Favre is, this way he sees how Favre goes about leading a team and can learn a hell of a lot from veteran like that.

KevinHill

My prediction?

They have a lackluster year. Favre decides to retire. By lunchtime, he will want to come back.

Black Death

jets are going to go 8-8 or 9-7 ... have  a decent year ,   farve will get them about 4 games for the win,  they will not make it out of there division it to damn tough , 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

Aside from the Pats, Bills and Dolphins? Real tough division, lol.

NFC East is BY FAR the toughest. Eagles, Giants, Redskins, & Cowboys.....just saying.

Black Death

Pats going to win that divison unless they are destoryed with injury , jets not make the playoffs,   

yes   NFC EAST is by for the toughest ,   
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"