News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

KC's Recommendation Thread

Started by Rob, December 02, 2009, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Apparently I can't post any youtube videos in this anymore? And I've not recommended anything for 8 months!

Got a few here now;

This is tUnE-yArDs a indie, psychedelic pop solo artist, really catchy, awesome stuff. Catch her latest album out, it's like cocaine or something.

Not really a recommendation as it is a reminder for people to go and listen to Bon Iver's latest album. If you liked Bon Iver's first album then prepare to LOVE this one and if you didn't, well... you'll still fucking love it. Total poetry and absolutely beautiful music.

Those are my two favourite albums from the last year or so, but I do recommend people go and check out Drake's latest album, Schoolboy Q (rapper), Fucked Up (punk) and Real Estate (indie), some really good, interesting music in the last year.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

I've listened to this one several hundred times over the last few years (not because PS. I Love You, Stewart Lee or the Magners advert...) It's just an awesome song that makes me feel good. Such a favourite in fact at one of my local haunts the landlord ALWAYS queues it up for me, and it's amazing because the whole pub always end up dancing. Sometimes I get him to play it 2 or 3 times, but he does argue back now...

Anyways, Sharon Shannon and Steve Earle,

Sharon Shannon & Steve Earle Galway Girl Live
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Two new posts in one day with 3 different videos? I know, crazy!

This is what I've been listening to all day and pretty much the most emotional music I've ever heard. It's a bit like Rufus Wainwright but a million times better

Perfume Genius - Hood
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

What? Am I making a habit of posting in here! Does anyone even read this anymore!? I don't care, here's some more addictive music for you to listen to.

M83 'Midnight City' Official video

Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) - official video

I know this one isn't exactly a recommendation with 98 million YouTube views but I love it anyways
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

! JDM The Professional !

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Rob

Not liking the New Zealand native up there?

I could put Crowded House up if you want ;)
SixersEagles

[/center]

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Rob on March 06, 2012, 10:26:04 AM
Not liking the New Zealand native up there?

I could put Crowded House up if you want ;)

+1 for making me shiver at the thought of listening to Crowded House.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Rob

Hey now Don't Dream It's Over is a classic song!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

I've been posting too much new music lately! More old Britpop I think, and not Blur or Oasis because if you're reading this, you probably don't need to hear them more.

Lightning Seeds - Sugar Coated Iceberg

James - Sit Down (2001 final live performance )
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

It's been another six months since I updated this. I'm gonna put up a collection of my most memorable moments of Bestival, some are live performances, others weren't recorded, but you get the jist,

The xx - Angels - Bestival 2012

Ben Howard - The Wolves - Bestival 2012

Michael Kiwanuka - Bones - Bestival 2012

Warpaint - Undertow (Later Live... with Jools Holland 13/05/11) 720p

Sigur Rós - Hoppípolla

Django Django - Default (Official Video)

Listen, don't listen, I don't mind, but it's some great music. Some see me as a bit of a hipster but honestly, any one can like this sort of stuff, there's something for everyone (the great thing about Bestival)
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

I was ranting and raving about Kendrick Lamar and Metz recently and completely forgot about the awesome Tame Impala! Another contender for album of the year!

Tame Impala - Elephant
SixersEagles

[/center]