News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Olympics

Started by Ally, August 09, 2008, 07:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally

I was looking forward to the olympics and some interesting things are about to happen. I'm guessing a lot of guys on here will be interested in Phelps attempt at 8 gold medals. The British teams in the rowing and sailing look solid efforts for medals. Shame about the Brit in the Judo even, he put in a lot of effort, that injury to his head seemed to impare his vision a lot.

An amazing opening ceremony. Looking forward to lots of things, whats everyone else looking forward too?

On a sad note...

I've heard that 2 American Tourists where attacked by a crazed Chinaman, one was killed the other is critical. He then committed suicide.

I never make predictions, and I never will.

Bryan

I saw the opening ceremony, that was pretty incredible. I'll be catching whatever sports is on but i'm not really looking forward to a specific one really.

Sad to hear about the tourists, though. I heard that's a rarity in China so it's even more odd.

Ally

One thing that did happen was during the rowing a massive cooling machine blew up, they where impressed that a 24 hour turnaround for fixing the machine was quoted.

About 30 minutes later, it was fixed and looked new again...

This thing was on fire ffs, they really want themselves to look shit hot. Dunno how London are going to compete with this in 2012.

China's demolished a shite loads of peoples houses to place down various olympic things, so violence and tensions are growing higher, ive not heard much else about the tourists though.

Cory

I only wanna see Ursain Bolt run the 100m.

Other than that, meh.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ally

Surprised you wouldn't be interested in the boxing and martial arts things Cory, thought that'd b right up your street.

Cory

Boxing is stupid, they just count punches.....gay.

Ill probably watch Judo or something, and I love Womens Beach Volleyball!

But them and watching the Bolt.

Black Death

lol  womans Volleyball , beach and team ... it great show to watch,    ;)
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

JessiB

i guess my favorite events are the gymnastics...i do watch it all though :)

TaNK

I caught a badmitton match..

damn I thought I was badass..

Rob

USA leading with 21 medals, China second with 18 and South Korea (weird...) third with 12.

Australia have 9,
Germany and UK have 4,
Canada are yet to win a medal
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

The first week are events the asians are great at. Britain is holdin its own and the boxin is poor this year. Brits have done well in the pool too but its proven china faked chunks of their openin ceremony. The whole thing is entertainin so far includin the sodium bust up

Ally

Reporters have been arrested left right and centre over the tibet thing. Proving China are backing down over their "you can have freedom of press" bullshit.

In better news, England gets another Gold, someone from Bolton was in their team so im told! :) winner!

Cory

All I'm saying, Shawn Johnson on the Womens Gymnastics team, I want her, and she's same age.

DaveGilly

PHELPS is not for real, the bloke must be 80% FISH.

if anyone has seen the movie Zohan, the swimming scene was phelps in wig and false beard. lol

He is a pure leg end

TaNK

I love Misty May

She gives me a raging semi.