News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Olympics

Started by Ally, August 09, 2008, 07:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally

AMAZING day for Team GB!

Rebecca Addlington new world record and second gold.

Rowing a medal in every race we've entered so far! One gold, 3 olympics in a row for the Fours!

Get in!

I never make predictions, and I never will.

Adam Wrong

Guaranteed a gold and a silver in womens pursuit cycling

going for gold and a bronze in another cycline event

5 finals in rowing with brits in tomorrow

sailing we are guaranteed at least 2 silvers as well

Duckman

Great day for the UK no doubt about it, but there's only one story, as Michael Johnson said, "Michael Phelps who?  This is all about Usain Bolt."

His win and world record in the 100m was just unreal.  I've never seen someone slow up like that in an Olympic final and still break the world record.  Imagine how fast he'd have run if he went full out to the finish!  Stunning, simply stunning.

Here's a link to the footage if you haven't seen it yet, though I doubt there's many people in the world that won't see this race at some point. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/athletics/7565572.stm

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Tim-Æ

Michael Phelps is a tool.

Adam Wrong

He also apparently has a small penis.

What a surprise Radcliffe drops out injured again. I fucking hate her and no mention of Manaucho (sp?) coming 6th for Britain in a best ever marathon result for a brit.

Golds and silvers ahoy and what really pissed me off was the coxless 4 women crying at getting silver and not gold. Fucking whining bitches

Sailing cycling, rowing and swimming has been great for us and we are now 3rd in medals table behind only the several hundred million sized USA and the 1 billion strong China so lets be honest that is fucking superb

TaNK

USA rules.

Phelps rules.

Misty May wants to be the bearer of my children.

Get over it.

:grouphug:

Ally

Best sporting weekend ever.

More medals coming.

Bolt's run was a joke, I honestly can't understand how you can be SO far ahead and break the world record CLEARLY without trying!

Phelps has put his name in history and has made an amazing achievement.

Tim-Æ

the coverage of the Olympics is setting up the US for disappointment really, when we find out later that he was on steroids. Just wait.

Black Death

why is it when someone does something great ...oh steroids ... damn can the guy just do something wonderful  with out all the hate... He earn those wins ... hell he had help from his teammates too... they did a great job
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

TaNK

Ally

Phelps has claimed he has had over 40 tests.

The guys massive, Spitz did it, why can't Phelps?

Well done sir I say!

AudiblyOffensive

The sad thing is that some people forget that the IOC automatically tests every medal winner in the Olympics for anything/everything they can. This isn't Major League Baseball where records fall by the wayside to guys that have been juicing for decades and still get off scott free because of legal loopholes and bureaucratic horseshit.

What Phelps did was legit. Enough said. The man's a physical freak of nature and he earned every damn thing he won in these Games.

Ally

Another few golds for Team GB. With a team half the size of USA and China, we're REALLY doing amazing!

This almost is our best olympics ever, 88 years i think since we did this well! More to come too!

TaNK

No more Misty May after tonight..  >:(

*cries on Cliff's shoulder*

Have to wait another 4 years.

Cory

I will outrun Bolt by 2012.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE