News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Poor Mutu (literally)

Started by Duckman, August 14, 2008, 02:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

From the bbc sport website:

"Fifa has ordered former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu to pay the club £13.68m in damages for breach of contract after he tested positive for cocaine.

Chelsea signed the Romanian from Parma for £15m in 2003 but the following year he tested positive and was given a seven-month worldwide football ban.

Earlier in the year lawyer Cristian Sarbu said Fifa told Mutu to pay £9.6m but the fine was raised on appeal.

Chelsea said they were "delighted" by the ruling.

After being sacked by Chelsea and serving his ban, Mutu joined Juventus in January 2005, and at the end of the following season he moved to his current side, Fiorentina.

"This is a very significant decision for football," said a statement on the Chelsea website.

"Not only did the Dispute Resolution Chamber make us a very significant monetary award, it also recognised the damaging effect incidents involving drugs has on football and the responsibility we all have in this area."

Mutu can now appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne. "

Ouch, I know he's a footballer and they're loaded, but 13 million pounds is a shit lot of money for anyone.  It's not like Chelsea need it either!

Mind you, he did fuck them by being a wee coke head.

What'd you guys make of this?

Peace

Duckman

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Mutu is an amazing player when he is on his game, he carried Romania in their Euro games.

Chelsea were just being dicks, they dont need anymore money........

.....I hope Mutu gets brought back into the Prem, exciting striker.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ally

This is GREAT news.

More power to clubs and managers, less power to players. Sort the fuckers out.

Now we just need to see Ronaldo on the bench for an entire season.

I never make predictions, and I never will.

DaveGilly

SOME ONE SHOVE A FEW LINES UP RONALDOS KNOSE, PLEASE!!!

I think this is canny crap like, yes Chelski blew 15 million on him but they did not have to sack him did they! Hewas disgraced and banned for seven months but they could have punished him in other ways. They choose to sack... Juve snapped him up... Chelski lose out.... Why not stop his wages for seven month... Then he comes back, 15mill player back in squad... Then sell him.

Would newcastle get money back if they sacked barton... no... some other team wud just pick him up for free. Much like wat happened back when bowyer was upto no good for leeds.

Quadzilla

Serves the stupid cunt right for shoving that shit up his nose.

Sets and example to the rest of the overpaid, playboy tossers.

+£13.68m towards Robinho ta very much. 8)

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.