News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

EFK's Favourite Music

Started by Rob, July 23, 2010, 06:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

Quote from: Cory on July 24, 2010, 05:58:32 PM
Ill agree to that, as well as the indy band statement.

And to Cliff, tho they might be covers, isn't it best 'song'? Which wont just be who wrote the song, but also include the musical performance that goes along with it. Most rap songs have ghostwritten lyrics, but you will only hear "Snoop Dogg" as the artist.

i take pride in knowing that my music taste wasn't derived from my excessive suckling at the MTV teat. Congrats on being told what to like by hipsters you put down publicly yet apparently idolize privately. :)

Russ

As apparently my list was fake according to Cliff, please delete it.

Good luck with the rest of this topic...
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Gary

Cliff dude you are way out of line with your post, I rarely come on the music board but I wanted to contribute cause Rob is doing a hell of a job here and I see your post tearing into russ. You bring efedding, outside people and stupid comments into a thread that didn't deserve it. It was Russ's opinion and while you may not agree, you had no right to tear into him or anyone else list just because you didnt think they were culturally significant.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Russ

I'll admit I totally missed the 'of all time' and just took it to be favourite songs, and yeah I can 100% accept lady gaga and semi precious weapons are NOT the greatest of all time... but still, that was an unecessary attack Cliff.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Fnord

First of all, I hate you Rob for making me compile such a small list of 15.  Second of all, why are people throwing tantrums on this topic that has 1000000 worded paragraphs in them?  It's your top 15 songs.  These that I list are for sure in my Top 100... though I doubt I'll have many that agree with me.  It was damn hard to narrow it down and I refuse to number them 1-15 cause I'm a hater.  And I'm sure as soon as I post this, I will think of something that just HAD to be on my list.  Bastard.

Hurt--Johnny Cash
Smooth Criminal--Alien Ant Farm
Help!--The Beatles
Satisfaction--Benny Benassi
Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing--Chris Isaak
Fuck The Other Side--The Dunk Ryders and Trick Daddy
Boyz-N-The-Hood--Dynamite Hack
Fuck The World--Insane Clown Posse
Get Up--James Brown
Voodoo Child--Jimi Hendrix
Wanna Be A Baller--Lil' Troy
Break Stuff--Limp Bizkit
Big Poppa--Notorious B.I.G.
Mad World--Roland Orzabel
Swagga Like Us--T.I., Jay-Z, Kanye West, and Lil' Wayne

There.  Happy?   >:(

Now everyone can read my list and say "Well, that explains it."

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

The Dudester

That long as post was some bullshit.

It's Russ's TOP 15 SONGS that he prefers. If you don't like it, oh well. No need to go on a f'n rant dude because YOU don't like what he put.

I'll go back and edit mine to be 15 pearl jam songs.. and I could rattle off 15 PJ songs that I love JUST as much as the ones I listed.

The Dudester

Quote from: Maddox Nosnam on July 24, 2010, 10:03:23 PM
That long as post was some bullshit.

From the OP

"I want you to list your top 15 songs of all time" Keyword is "your".

It's Russ's TOP 15 SONGS that he prefers. If you don't like it, oh well. No need to go on a f'n rant dude because YOU don't like what he put.

I'll go back and edit mine to be 15 pearl jam songs.. and I could rattle off 15 PJ songs that I love JUST as much as the ones I listed.

Excaligore

I just don't want Russ to forget that he's not posting here for anybody but who is here in this community. One song from them would have been ok, but fifty was a bit much. If you want to contribute to the thread, read what it's about, and don't use it for a tacky excuse for you to yell "HEY, I LIKE SEMI-PRECIOUS WEAPONS!!!"

I only bring up Laura, because this is like is not the first post of yours on forums that I've seen that says "HEY I LIKE SEMI-PRECIOUS WEAPONS!!! LOOK LAURA!!!", and including the fact you use the guy from it as your picbase, which again seems like a plea for attention in the same sense. This was not a mindless shot at either of them, more my personal annoyance that Russ's entire list was comprised entirely to be cool for somebody who isn't even posting here. It's incredibly annoying and counterproductive. If it was simply one or even two listings of the bands songs it'd be one thing, but to take over 50% of the list is just mindless pimping, and taking away the heart of the thread.

We get it, but it doesn't help this thread at all. If you're going to post a top 15, at least, some variety, or something anybody else actually posting here can try to relate to(and you did for a large portion of the list, but it's hard to pay attention/take seriously when it's stuck between the same band name). i know I post things that are "weird" and get little response, but at least that's with the purpose of vainly expanding the communities mindset. I don't even mind his flirting, as long as it's not hijacking other threads which serve productive purposes.

As for Maddox, calm down, ok. Christ, I know we were arguing in the thread about the Mummies, but you were continually bumping it. I've been harsh. I'm just saying, I like your picks, just... I don't know, there's a lot of time and genre out there, and I want people to recognize it.

P.S. apologize to any newer guys who may feel intimidated by my topic. I was extremely excessive, and I don't want it to be a reason not to contribute. I am very open minded, even if I have my harsh moments. I'm a harsh critic, but, opinions are opinions, and if you feel the need to disagree, I won't think any less of any of you for it. Even if I'm very elaborate, etc., and sometimes aggressive in my replies.

Drama Queen

Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
Flogging Molly - If I Ever Leave This World Alive
Labi Siffre - Something Inside So Strong
They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul
T-Rex - Children Of The Revolution
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Ella Fitzgerald - Paper Moon
Shakira - Estoy Aqui
Pogues - Thousands Are Sailing
Lord Of The Dance
Fields Of Athenrye
Five Man Electrical Band -Signs
Elton John - Crocodile Rock
Sawdoctors - N17

Note to Cliff - I would gladly include O Fortuna, Vivaldi's Spring, just about anything from Tchaikovski but I consider that sort of thing "music" but not so muc "song" (even though O Fortuna of course has vocals). Furthermore I would even further bastardize it by chosing it as Randy Orton's theme song.

Excaligore

I don't know. I mean, O Fortuna is an individual movement of Carmina Burana. Even if classical music works entirely different with labeling I think it's safe to say a movement is a song even if it doesn't utilize the same level/formula of repetition. Glad though to see another classical fan, I personally have a fondness for Tschaikowsky as well.

I'm almost wondering though if we should change this to "Top 100 Rock songs" since it is what the community is most acquainted with, myself included.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Fnord on July 24, 2010, 09:58:21 PM
Hurt--Johnny Cash
Smooth Criminal--Alien Ant Farm
Big Poppa--Notorious B.I.G.

I love you, Fnord.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Gates

Quote from: Drama Queen on July 25, 2010, 12:01:02 AM

Note to Cliff - I would gladly include O Fortuna, Vivaldi's Spring, just about anything from Tchaikovski but I consider that sort of thing "music" but not so muc "song" (even though O Fortuna of course has vocals). Furthermore I would even further bastardize it by chosing it as Randy Orton's theme song.
Quote from: E. Il Ehksahlijoruh on July 25, 2010, 12:18:44 AM

I'm almost wondering though if we should change this to "Top 100 Rock songs" since it is what the community is most acquainted with, myself included.

That's pretty much why I left classical off. Then again, I guess I also assumed that it was going to be lists filled with mainly Rock songs. Maybe what we need is to get another thread going for Classical music to show the appreciation for it on it's own level. And even though Tchaikovski is good, I more so enjoy Prokofiev, Ravel, Rachmaninoff and Mahler....

Cory

Quote from: Timception on July 24, 2010, 08:01:16 PM
i take pride in knowing that my music taste wasn't derived from my excessive suckling at the MTV teat. Congrats on being told what to like by hipsters you put down publicly yet apparently idolize privately. :)

I donno man, you don't know what I listen too. I mean, fair point to my rock side, most of the songs I listen too are generic, but as far as raps concerned, I listen to at least 85% of unknown or local guys from around here, 10% of stuff from the 90's, and only maybe 5% thats featured in popular culture today.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Gary

Quote from: Rob on July 23, 2010, 06:08:43 PM
Hey guys,

This is a little bit like Jesse Gunn's top 100 efedders, but it's a music alternative. I want you to list your top 15 songs of all time. I say 15 because I really want this list to be extensive. If 10 people reply, then that means I'll have 150 songs and I'll be able to get a more realistic top 100. I'm only posting this here because I only want to know what EFK's top 100 songs of all time are, so copy the following, and reply in the thread. I'll give it long enough for everyone to do this and get their favourites in, then I will compile the list.

Rob!

See Cliff, the thread starter ROB said list YOUR top 15 songs of all time, not what songs cliff deems awesome enough to be on the list. So if Russ wants to mention the theme from twilight, the soundtrack to ninja turtles or barney's i love you..he can do it, without you resorting to bring up personal stuff like the Laura crap, talking down to him  and at the same time giving him back handed compliments about his efedding skill, or any of that shit you just pulled. This thread isnt about your musical tastes, or what you deem should be on anyone's list because like you said its a matter of opinion, Rob never asked why you consider them your favorites just to list them.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Russ

You know what, I'm done. Think what you like Cliff, if you think it's an attention plea to someone who doesn't even post here then fine, you think that. If you can't accept that just possibly I might be able to think for myself and might have my own opinions on music, then that's fine. Shows what a sad little man you are. Arguing with you's like trying to get the Pope to convert to Islam, so I've learnt to just let you win and maybe you can sit on your own and give yourself a little fist pump or something while the rest of us actually get on with enjoying the community and not running blindly into things throwing our unwanted opinions all over the place.

Sorry Rob, hopefully you can understand the frustration...