News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

MFX's Recommend a TV Show/Movie Thread

Started by Gary, July 28, 2010, 01:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Seen a good tv show or movie lately and think it be cool if someone else saw it..recommend it here.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

! JDM The Professional !

I'd definitely recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it, go and watch Coraline now!

Yes, it is a kids movie, but in all honesty, I don't think I could have watched it as a child. It is an amazingly well done movie and I highly rate it!

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

jagilki

Fnord

The Good Guy is pretty funny.  Though I don't think Colin Farrell could land that hot chick if they weren't actors.  lol

I have to say Louie on FX is pretty awesome.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Mark Mania

TV Show- Party Down on Starz, great show, terribly underrated.

Movie- The Killer Inside Me, starring Casey Affleck, a really good movie and I'm also a huge fan of Casey Affleck.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Caught this on BBC 2 about a year or so ago...thought it was very very funny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Heights_High

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

Generation Kill.

The most under appreciated TV show of the last 5 years.  Incredible stuff, well worth checking out.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Gary

Quote from: Duckman on July 28, 2010, 12:57:34 PM
Generation Kill.

The most under appreciated TV show of the last 5 years.  Incredible stuff, well worth checking out.

Peace

Duckman

so fucking true, its the band of brothers of the iraq war.

[/center]

Hyde

Quote from: Trumpers on July 28, 2010, 12:24:50 PM
Caught this on BBC 2 about a year or so ago...thought it was very very funny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Heights_High

Seconded. Runs out of steam towards the end but very inventive. Episode 2 is the best of the run.

Exile

Quote from: Duckman on July 28, 2010, 12:57:34 PM
Generation Kill.

Peace

Duckman

glad you finally saw this. And that at least one person besides me watched Summer Heights High. That show was hysterical.

Of the current shows on Television. Im catching up on Friday Nights Lights so I recommend that. There really isnt a lot of summer shows apart from True Blood I tend to catch outside of some fun reality shows like wipeout and so you think you can dance but Madmen is starting up so im content.  Ill update the list when the fall comes out

Movies that you might not have seen...Let the Right one in, see that before the remake hits. just rewatched Atonement which was a sneak under the radar kinda film in the year of No Country of Old men. And i just rewatched a french film that I love called Love me if you dare. Step out of the box people!

! JDM The Professional !

See, who said us aussies didn't have good tv shows :D

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Gary

Quote from: Lemke on July 28, 2010, 10:24:13 PM
glad you finally saw this. And that at least one person besides me watched Summer Heights High. That show was hysterical.

Of the current shows on Television. Im catching up on Friday Nights Lights so I recommend that. There really isnt a lot of summer shows apart from True Blood I tend to catch outside of some fun reality shows like wipeout and so you think you can dance but Madmen is starting up so im content.  Ill update the list when the fall comes out

Movies that you might not have seen...Let the Right one in, see that before the remake hits. just rewatched Atonement which was a sneak under the radar kinda film in the year of No Country of Old men. And i just rewatched a french film that I love called Love me if you dare. Step out of the box people!

Starting to watch Friday Night Lights..i'm loving it so far.

I recommend Rescue Me, pretty cool show about fire fighters and its one of the most real "GUY" shows I've seen in the manner that the guys talk to each other.

[/center]

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on July 28, 2010, 02:08:00 AMI'd definitely recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it, go and watch Coraline now!

Yes, it is a kids movie, but in all honesty, I don't think I could have watched it as a child. It is an amazingly well done movie and I highly rate it!

Regards,

JDM

I concur.

Rob.B

The Life of David Gale, one of my favourite films definetely worth a watch.