News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

England Vs Czech Rep

Started by Ally, August 21, 2008, 03:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally

2-2.

Joe Cole saving Englands blushes in the final minutes, we need to improve for the qualifying campaign.

I would have picked Steven Gerrard as my captain over Terry but thats another story.

I hope we can improve and beat Croatia. Saying that, the Czech's arent a bad side. Opinions?

I never make predictions, and I never will.

Duckman

You know what I hate above all else when watching England play?  The commentators.  Granted Chris Waddle is a retard so you can't blame him, but the other dude on Setanta was just as bad.

Here's a newsflash, just because the opposing team have a shot, doesn't mean England are doing badly.  There's two teams on the pitch you fucking nobs.  The can't even give credit for a fantastic free kick for the Czech's, instead it went in because David James was standing six inches too far to the right.  I don't know why they expect England to have 90% possession, dominate every game they play and score 3 goals and if they don't, the whole team, manager, system and country is a load of shit.  I swear to God those fuckers were self harming last night while commentating on the match.  The worst part is, they fucking love it when England don't do well, because it gives them more to bitch and moan about.  Pathetic.

Ahem, sorry about that but they really ruined the game for me.

As for the actual game I didn't think England did too badly.  The Czech's are a solid outfit, technically very good with some decent players.  They had their tactics spot on and did really well.

I thought Rooney was very poor.  He was all over the place positionally, did very little with the ball and looks like he's struggling for form.

Lampard went missing again.  Although I get the feeling both he and Barry where told to protect the back four.

Gerrard was outstanding, driving the team forward and getting some good shots in.

I thought Beckham looked really tired and he could've done with getting up the pitch more.

At the end of the day it's still really early in the season.  The management are still trying to get the best out of the team.  I thought they knocked the ball around confidently, had a few good shots and yeah they need some work but come on, Italy are the world champions and they needed two own goals to draw with Austria for fucks sake!

England fans and commentators need to get off this train of thought that just cause they have the best league in the world, they should automatically have the best national team.  It doesn't work like that. 

A scrappy performance, but there's some positives to take out of it.

I also would've picked Gerrard at the captain.  I wouldn't even have Terry in the team at the moment.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Adam Wrong

The thing is england can play much better than they ever do in internationals but we are always too keen to jump on the hate the manager bandwagon. The players are always half arsed in internationals and the fact is they are the best side in the world on paper

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

My issue with England is why we continue to play Beckham in a starting role. For me at his age and the standard he is playing at he needs to be a squad player for England and nothing more, if he doesnt like it, he can go play for Scotland.

Other news...why the fuck have we forgotten about the likes of Aaron Lennon, Shaun Wright Phillips and even Jermaine Pennant as viable options down the right flank. I would much prefer seeing if we can do something in the middle of the park with Bentley to be honest. He has a good range of passing and if we can get one of those pacey three lads down the wing we might have something.

Secondly, how desperate is England for a goal scorer. News Flash, Wayne Rooney is not a pure goal scorer, in fact he adds more and more woe to a position we already have about 40 fucking options for which is someone to play off a striker, whether that be Lampard or Gerrard...for me at the moment I have to play Rooney there and go with a one up front of maybe Peter Crouch with Rooney playing off him. Crouch will be there to hold it up and provide an aerial target if we work it down the flank to either Lennon or Joe Cole and Gerrard can play that support role.

The problem with England is we have too many people who THINK THEY DESERVE to be in the team. Frank Lampard might be a fucking great player for Chelsea, but he cannot play with Gerrard and has been subpar for England...if we need more evidence look at John Barnes during his glory years at club and his shit years at Internatioal level.

I also wouldnt mind seeing us use something half decent in goal as well. I mean we have been having a bit of a goal keeper merry go round the last few years and the best we can come up with is David James...fuck me. Surely some of these uncapped foreign goalies we have in abudance in the Premiership have earned their citizenship by now and we can use them.

Basically we fucking suck.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'