News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

EPL Week Deux

Started by Ally, August 25, 2008, 06:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally

RESULTS ROUNDUP
[/b][/u]

Sunday 24 Aug 2008
Man City
(0) 3
vs
West Ham
(0) 0

Wigan
(0) 0
vs
Chelsea
(1) 1

Saturday 23 Aug 2008
Fulham
(1) 1
vs
Arsenal
(0) 0

Blackburn
(1) 1
vs
Hull
(1) 1

Liverpool
(0) 2
vs
Middlesbro
(0) 1

Newcastle
(0) 1
vs
Bolton
(0) 0

Stoke
(1) 3
vs
A Villa
(0) 2

Tottenham
(0) 1
vs
Sunderland
(0) 2

West Brom
(0) 1
vs
Everton
(0) 2

League Table

Pld    Pts
01.     Chelsea   2   6
02.     Liverpool   2   6
03.     Blackburn   2   4
04.     Hull   2   4
05.     Newcastle   2   4
06.     A Villa   2   3
07.     Man City   2   3
08.     Bolton   2   3
09.     Everton   2   3
10.     Middlesbro   2   3
11.     Fulham   2   3
12.     Sunderland   2   3
13.     Arsenal   2   3
14.     Stoke   2   3
15.     West Ham   2   3
16.     Man United   1   1
17.     Tottenham   2   0
18.     West Brom   2   0
19.     Wigan   2   0
20.     Portsmouth   1   0

Top Scorers
[/u]

Agbonlahor (Aston Villa)     3

Elano (Manchester City)      3

Yakubu (Everton)                  2

Ashton (West Ham United)  2

Carew (Aston Villa)              2

Deco (Chelsea)                      2

Fuller (Stoke City)                 2

Mido (Middlesbrough)         2

Anelka (Chelsea)                   1

Arteta (Everton)                     1

Various other players have scored 1, going alphabetically when there is a tie thats the top ten.

Ally's Verdict

Well then the only real place to start is the obvious one, Fulham 1-0 Arsenal. Wow. I thought Fulham would be good this season, but i also thought that Arsenal would have an alright season too. I'm sorry Fulham fans but I'm going to put this down to a freak start of the season result, they always happen. However I'm glad to see it happen! Lets knock these big clubs down a peg or two.

Deco scored a free kick for Chelsea lets all bum him....no, lets not. Lets keep in mind that this guy is getting on in years and likes a drink. Give him a month before he finds the best bars in London and starts losing a bit of fitness and quality, then he'll lose his place and then he'll start to look like a bad buy. I'm sorry but Chelsea have steamed away with it so far, but no, its all start of season pundit overtalk. "Chelsea have won two, United have drawn one, Chelsea are 5 points clear. United can't afford to give them that sort of a lead." I actually heard that on 106.1 Manchester Rock Radio on the way to my PC today. What.The.Fuck. I fucking hate the so called "experts" way I see it is Chelsea players are all getting towards the wrong side of the late 20's. Maybe they have one more season in them I don't know, however way I see it is this. They run away with it early doors then bang Terry gets injured, bang Deco goes on the piss and goes missing, Drogba sulks a bit more and goes missing. They suddenly get pegged back a LOT of points and the season's wide open again.

Liverpool leaving it late against Boro, now Boro have started surprisingly well, however they do seem to do well against the big clubs and shit against the smaller clubs. Mido seems to be on fire as well. However Liverpool look shakey but at the start of the season its all about results and they are grinding them out at the minute. Gerrard again firing them home with a great last minute effort.

Bolton, my club, :( Kev misses a pen for us, Kev misses a sitter for us, then again, then again. For fucks sake Kevin Nolan. Shitty small man gets inbetween everyone and scores. Bah fuck Newcastle. We deserved a point.

The newly promoted teams, whats going on?! The team who I thought would really coast a bit are looking dodgy. WBA who can play football are struggling, however they have played Arsenal. I will look for a big improvement from them. However Stoke win in the 94th minute, Hull still the only unbeaten team in Premiership history. Starting to believe that they will do a Bolton, Reading type thing and have a shockingly great first season. Giovanni is class, everyone else seems to be a REAL grafter. They run and run and run. Reminds me of early days Bolton. However Stoke tried to bully us and it failed miserably. I think they'll struggle against the bigger stronger sides as they wont beat them at their own game. Be interesting to see if Hull can though.

Sunderland beat Spurs, working with a Spurs fan i think this is hilarious. All i get is how good they are. Bollocks. Amazing midfield, but its no good if you dont have a striker! Bent on his own, Berbatov basically has one half of his body out of the door. When Bent gets injured, coz it will happen at some point, who's going to score for them? No point having this all star midfield crossing the ball to Thomas Pekhart, no offence to him of course. If they buy Arshavin, which they wont, he's STILL more of a midfielder than an out and out striker. I've also heard Pavlyuchenko(sp?) which would be good for them, but even WITH him, they need another striker. Until they do, I expect them to struggle. Sunderland however, i tip my hat to you. They still had a job to do and Djbrill Cisse opened his account for Sunderland.

Overall a fun week again, I'm looking forward to Uniteds game today.

I never make predictions, and I never will.

Cory

I think Cisse will be a machine for Sunderland....just saying. Ill call 15 goals this season.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I think he will score 4 league goals and 5 in the league cup against a bunch of no name teams...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'