News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Sports Movie Bracket

Started by The TeeJ of Philly, February 21, 2014, 06:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

That explains why I had difficulty tracking it down on amazon!

Silent K

What's the one about the kid from Mexico who ends up at Newcastle? That's at least better than Kicking and Screaming...but those movies aren't really going to do much in a vote against American football movies on a site called Philadelphia Sports Guys.

Can't believe Rudy was a 10 seed and Varsity Blues a 5 seed. Definitely some guys from a younger generation running this thing.

The TeeJ of Philly

I don't like Rudy. Despise it. In 22 and felt varsity blues and Rudy were closer but the other two who are 30 and 36 had a voice in how the bracket was seeded.

Jon

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on March 12, 2014, 03:40:41 PM
I don't like Rudy. Despise it. In 22 and felt varsity blues and Rudy were closer but the other two who are 30 and 36 had a voice in how the bracket was seeded.

Rudy is a great film.

Varsity Blues, however, is not.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Mike Powers

Dorling

Quote from: Flins. on March 11, 2014, 01:26:46 PM
I think the bigger travesty should be BASKETball going over The Wrestler. And yeah, in regards to movies about Football (Soccer), there aren't many that are particularly good - The Damned United should've gotten a shout though.

Mean Machine! Yes it's a remake of The Longest Yard, almost shot for shot except for the football being, well, football, but it's a fun movie nonetheless.

The TeeJ of Philly

The third round of the sports movie bracket is up.

You can vote here: http://www.thephillysportsguys.com/sports-movies-bracket

I'll put up the images of the brackets but you have

Remember the Titans vs Varsity Blues
Any Given Sunday vs Rudy
Miracle vs Space Jame
Hoosiers vs Mighty Ducks Franchise
Happy Gilmore vs Sandlot
League of Their Own vs Major League Franchise
Dodgeball vs Cool Runnings
Rocky Franchise vs Warrior

The TeeJ of Philly

Sorry for the double post, but round 3 voting is up http://www.thephillysportsguys.com/sports-movies-bracket

cast your vote! (reminder, you have to for each match up individually, selecting your winners and only pressing one vote button doesn't work)

Thank you guys!

The TeeJ of Philly

Fnord

Mighty Ducks is so great it's on their twice, huh?

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

The TeeJ of Philly

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Fnord on March 24, 2014, 10:09:24 PM
Click on your own link!

Thank you, someone didn't hit the publish button

Justin

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors