News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

"Grudge Match" Boxing Movie

Started by Fnord, May 31, 2012, 09:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Two years ago, we learned that Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro were looking to re-unite for "Grudge Match," a film that's similar in to "Space Cowboys." And now comes word that Warner Bros is moving forward with the movie, which may go in front of cameras early next year.

"Grudge Match" revolves around retired boxers Billy "The Kid" McGuigan and Henry "Razor" Sharp, lifelong bitter rivals who are coaxed out of retirement and into the ring for one final grudge match -- 50 years after their last title fight.

Mark Steven Johnson (Ghost Rider, Daredevil) was previously in talks to direct, but will now only produce. Instead, Peter Segal has been brought on to helm. "Entourage" creator Doug Ellin wrote the most recent draft of the script.

Stallone and De Niro starred together in James Mangold's 1997 "Copland," and both actors are known for their boxing movies, which are "Rocky" and "Raging Bull."

Source: The Wrap

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

brkendown

This has potential to be decent. I thought the last Rocky, 'Rocky Balboa' was a damn good movie considering Stallone's age, he still seemed to pull it off as realistic. Would check this out.

Jonny Worldbeater

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Personally I think this movie will be awful. DeNiro and Stallone (the later to a lesser extent) are getting past it. DeNiro is 68 years old now...I also know there is a tendency to get excited when good pairings go together like say 'Righteous Kill' which has him and my other favourite actor on the screen together Al Pacino...

Movie sucked balls...

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'