News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"Leprechaun" Reboot is Darker and Not Connected to Original Films

Started by Fnord, January 25, 2013, 12:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

About a year ago, it was announced that Lionsgate teamed with WWE Studios to reboot "Leprechaun," the 1993 horror film that starred Warwick Davis as the evil Leprechaun who goes on a killing rampage in search of his beloved pot of gold.

Now in a new interview, Michael Luisi, President of WWE Studios, revealed his plan for the new film, called "Leprechaun: Origins." "The tone is going to be a little darker," he explained. "A little more traditional horror than the Warwick Davis ones that people remember. [We're] trying to find a way to please fans of that genre but, at the same time, this is really being played for scares."

WWE star Dylan "Hornswoggle" Postl (pictured) is attached to play the title role, and even though the new movie won't be connected to the original films, Luisi would love to find a way to including Davis, who starred in a total of six "Leprechaun" installments, including "Leprechaun 4: In Space," "Leprechaun 5: In the Hood" and "Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood."

Source: CraveOnline

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Alex Smiley

Whoa, I just noticed this. Weird as this is gonna sound, I'm actually looking forward to this.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Mike Powers

The Laughing Man

Leprechaun shouldn't be a serious film imo. Especially with hornswoggle. I can't take him serious at all. It like Tyler Perry in an action film . We are going to look at him as what he is known for imo