News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"Now You See Me" is Getting a Sequel

Started by Fnord, August 14, 2013, 12:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Louis Letterier's "Now You See Me" magic heist movie was released in May. And while it didn't impress critics, it was able to gross $233 million worldwide on a budget of $75 million.

Now comes word from Lionsgate CEO that he's so proud that a film that's not a sequel and isn't based on any existing property can be so successful, that he decided that it's worth pursuing "Now You See Me 2."

It's not clear whether Letterier will return to direct or whether the actors have multi-picture deals. The only thing Lionsgate said is that it's planning to begin shooting as early as next year.

Meanwhile, "Now You See Me" is set to hit stores on DVD and Blu-ray on September 3rd.

Source: THR

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Marq

Far and away, the biggest disappointment this year for me in terms of "great premise, WTF-execution."

They really, really had something here that totally and completely got lost in the last ten minutes. Anyone who's seen it will know what I'm talking about.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Fnord

Quote from: Marq on August 14, 2013, 12:22:32 PM
Far and away, the biggest disappointment this year for me in terms of "great premise, WTF-execution."

They really, really had something here that totally and completely got lost in the last ten minutes. Anyone who's seen it will know what I'm talking about.

I disagree. I really enjoyed this movie and the last 10 minutes didn't change anything for me.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Fnord on August 14, 2013, 12:24:31 PM
I disagree. I really enjoyed this movie and the last 10 minutes didn't change anything for me.

I enjoyed it as well. Personally, I can't wait for the second one.

Mike Powers

I thought it was 'meh'. A movie about illusions and magic, that cheats by using CGI? Lame.

Marq

Quote from: Mike Powers on August 14, 2013, 01:49:28 PM
I thought it was 'meh'. A movie about illusions and magic, that cheats by using CGI? Lame.

I was more interested in seeing magicians use their prestidigitation to pull off heists, which is what we got (for the most part).

And then they jumped off a building and turned into playing cards.

The fuck?
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

jagilki

A movie that's not a sequel nor a already existing property did tood! 

Let's make a sequel!

Mike Powers

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Mike Powers on August 14, 2013, 01:49:28 PM

I did feel that the movie overused CGI but considering how cool a lot of the later illusions were, I decided not to get angry about it too much.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Crazy Kyd on August 14, 2013, 07:53:04 PM
I did feel that the movie overused CGI but considering how cool a lot of the later illusions were, I decided not to get angry about it too much.

Thats the whole point though.  There weren't any illusions....it was CGI.

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Mike Powers on August 14, 2013, 09:04:49 PM
Thats the whole point though.  There weren't any illusions....it was CGI.

Yes, but if I wanted to see "real" illusions I'd see Criss Angel live or someone like him. But CGI is also a way to save some money. It also allows the people to think up some pretty cool stuff in the process.

The biggest issue I had about the CGI was with Isla Fisher's calling card being in the tank. They could have just done a normal reveal for that.