News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Wise Education Foundation

Started by Justin, September 01, 2015, 04:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

A good friend of mine started a scholarship fund, which turned into us creating an education foundation that I serve as the Director of Public Relations for. I am proud to announce that our official website has officially launched and am super proud of it.  This past January we awarded three, $1,000 scholarships to help students pay for their college education.  We have started out capital campaign today to raise money to do the same thing plus award a fourth scholarship.  We are currently in the process of applying for our 501(c)3 non-profit status which will help us go after bigger grants to help further our vision of increasing college access.

I am not putting this here to solicit donations, but simply because I am proud of the work that we have put forth and wanted to show off our new website. (Also, big props to Talon who helped me with a logo that we used in our infancy.)

www.wefoundation.net

Knuckles

dont suppose i can apply and put it towards my student loans that i owe can i? lol

The Refreshing drink....

BamBamBunglow

Quote from: Justin on September 01, 2015, 04:36:18 PM
A good friend of mine started a scholarship fund, which turned into us creating an education foundation that I serve as the Director of Public Relations for. I am proud to announce that our official website has officially launched and am super proud of it.  This past January we awarded three, $1,000 scholarships to help students pay for their college education.  We have started out capital campaign today to raise money to do the same thing plus award a fourth scholarship.  We are currently in the process of applying for our 501(c)3 non-profit status which will help us go after bigger grants to help further our vision of increasing college access.

I am not putting this here to solicit donations, but simply because I am proud of the work that we have put forth and wanted to show off our new website. (Also, big props to Talon who helped me with a logo that we used in our infancy.)

www.wefoundation.net

Absolutely epic work mate. Well done to all of you for making a difference to peoples lives :) I award thee the title of Big Damned Hero (Or BDH for short).

Doug E Fresh

Simply badass.

Oh and I gotta say the website looks nice too. Very professional. Overall you will take this places. Big things!

Justin

Duckman

Tremendous work mate.  Something to be proud of and something that will make a big difference to a lot of people's lives.

Well done!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jon

Congrats Justin!

It's quite an accomplishment and you should be very proud!

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Captain Metro

Quote from: Knuckles on September 01, 2015, 09:05:08 PM
dont suppose i can apply and put it towards my student loans that i owe can i? lol

This is the most Knuckles post ever.

Good work Justin. It's great to see people putting time and effort back into their communities.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Kieran King

This is awesome, man. A lot of respect.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I saw that your accepting donations to create a scholarship would it have to be a permanent thing or could a one time scholarship be given out. If a one time one is an option, I think it would be cool if we as a site were able to raise enough money to give out a Mark of Excellence scholarship.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Justin

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on September 02, 2015, 05:06:04 PM
I saw that your accepting donations to create a scholarship would it have to be a permanent thing or could a one time scholarship be given out. If a one time one is an option, I think it would be cool if we as a site were able to raise enough money to give out a Mark of Excellence scholarship.

It can be a one time thing with the option to renew it each year if you wanted to.

Justin

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on September 02, 2015, 05:06:04 PM

To further elaborate on this, we have it set to where anyone who wants to sponsor a scholarship would need to raise $1,000 however after talking with our Executive Director he says we can do it for a minimum of $500.  It can be a one time award and we can name it Mark of Excellence.  If this is something people here want to go forward with I ask that a committee of three members be created to decide any specific requirements for the scholarship or you can leave that up to us.  At the very minimum the committee would be needed to decide the recipient of the scholarship.  If we think we can raise at least $500 I think this would be an awesome idea!

Gravedigger

I would absolutely help out with a Mark of Excellence scholarship. I was awarded a number of small scholarships when I went to college, so I understand how helpful they were, along with getting the personal reward of knowing that I was chosen for them.

GM Franchise

This is awesome. Great job with this, Justin.  8)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Knuckles

Quote from: Captain Metro on September 02, 2015, 11:10:08 AM
This is the most Knuckles post ever.

Good work Justin. It's great to see people putting time and effort back into their communities.

actually i posted that and completely got busy and forgot about this topic. thought id have a chance for a quick back n forth banter. i dont think me saying how proud i am at the hard work of this would mean anything since everybody else already beat me to it.

nothing i can say would do this man any justice. well done!! as reward, ur being mailed a midget, postage due of course :p may he work as hard as u do. (he can do ANYTHING ud like) ;)

The Refreshing drink....