News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Dallas

Started by Ty, July 07, 2016, 11:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Quote from: T-Long on July 08, 2016, 07:49:32 PM
You're attributing the actions of a small percentage of cops to all the cops and that's a problem. 99.9% of cops are great and don't gun down black men.

Let me try something...a thought experiment.

Hey guys this Dallas thing is awful, black people are attacking cops all over the country and this is a systematic problem.

That wasn't a fair statement to make either.

Is racism a systematic problem in the country? Absolutely. Is it then fair to generalize all law enforcement as the root of the problem? No....

And that's a simple minded approach. Am I saying all cops are bad? Absolutely not! But the fact remains that their is systemic racial issue with the justice system and the killing of unarmed or innocent black men is becoming an epidemic.

Justin

To further accent the problem the man that got shot in his car 4 times...that was done in front of his 4 year old child. Not only that when they got the girlfriend out of the car there are 3 or 4 cops with their guns drawn on her before they handcuff her. Not one of them was like..."Hey maybe we shouldnt be doing this to this woman, it's not right"

T-Bonizzle

Those are actions of bad people not just all the cops. As it turns out there are fucked up people in every profession. Ideally we'd like none of those people to become cops, but statistically that's impossible. Practicality with becoming a cop being perceived as "more dangerous" less people want to be cops and standards are lowered. That's a vicious cycle.

Drama Queen

You're attributing the actions of a small percentage of cops to all the cops and that's a problem. 99.9% of cops are great and don't gun down black men.

Hey guys this Dallas thing is awful, black people are attacking cops all over the country and this is a systematic problem.

Is racism a systematic problem in the country? Absolutely. Is it then fair to generalize all law enforcement as the root of the problem? No....

Not all men are rapists.

Justin

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 08, 2016, 06:36:54 PM
Also, when you look at the facts, the numbers of whites vs blacks killed by cops last year were roughly equal. I'm not saying that there isn't racial inequality in this country, or racism. I am saying that "Cops Kill Blacks!!" is a media driven headline that drives clicks and ratings.

But to your point...how many were unjustly killed compared to black?

And to further illustrate my point about the inequality let me break it down to you like this:

Alton Sterling gets killed for selling dvds out of his trunk and tries to figure out why he is being harrased.

Dylan Roof kills 9 people flees to a different state, is considered armed and dangerous but is apprehended without incident, without being shot and even given a bulletproof vest for his protection.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Justin on July 08, 2016, 07:45:25 PM
Don't get me started on gun violence and the Republicans lack of pushing tougher gun laws. And while you bring up a great point James it's hard not to talk about this when there is explicit video of cops killing two black men who were doing nothing wrong which goes along with other numerous videos of them doing the same thing.  We have a long way to go as a people on regards to respect for each other's lives but when the police are being vigilantes you can't turn a blind eye to that. Just like so many people turn a blind eye to the justice system as a whole and it's inequality.

I'm gonna go off about this issue big time. Number one there's WAY more black on black violence then cop on black men violence. That's something that you seem to be ignoring. What is your opinion about the incident in Georgia police ambush where the man called 911 and shot the responding officer? Because that's the same thing in my opinion. But there's no video of that so I guess the Police Lives Matter movement can't spread that and make it go viral.

The other issue I have are the people taking the videos. There's too many damn attention whores out there who go viral with stuff. Prime example is the Dallas shooting. Instead of taking cover some people were filming it. It's a narcissistic culture based on vanity and ego now days. It's the Age of the Selfie.

That "police are vigilantes" statement I VEHEMENTLY disagree with. There were 64 people shot in Chicago over the holiday weekend. Very few, if any, were by the cops. What was that about vigilantes again? The fact is NO ONE is turning a blind eye to the police going by what I'm seeing. What they're turning a blind eye to is every other rash of shootings that doesn't involve the police or mass shootings, i.e. Orlando. I'm calling it like I see it. Focusing ONLY on what the police are doing is hypocrisy at it's finest.

Law enforcement isn't the problem. The media and social media is the problem because they've made the cops scapegoats for their ideologies and propaganda to get their movements going. The complete ignoring of daily non-police gun violence i local communities is the issue.

Quote from: Justin on July 08, 2016, 08:11:51 PM
But to your point...how many were unjustly killed compared to black?

And to further illustrate my point about the inequality let me break it down to you like this:

Alton Sterling gets killed for selling dvds out of his trunk and tries to figure out why he is being harrased.

Dylan Roof kills 9 people flees to a different state, is considered armed and dangerous but is apprehended without incident, without being shot and even given a bulletproof vest for his protection.

Roof was given the vest because it was a HATE CRIME. That's a bad example. Plus there's been a lot of anti-police sentiment in recent years and that's where it started. The media is the problem and the sheep following along are the problem too. It's like They Live with some of the nonsense I see online. Yet ISIS is still out there bombing and killing hundreds of people in attacks yet that's all on back burner despite what happened in Orlando recently and about the multiple attacks overseas in multiple countries.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Yes there is black on black crime, white on white crime, etc. But the one thing you should be able to count on is not getting shot by the police for no reason. That's my point I'm trying to make. And you want people to be concerned about ISIS when the police are killing them at home. Fuck ISIS, they trying not get pulled over by the cops because they fear they aren't going to make it home.

But us white people can't fully comprehend  because we don't have to face those issues.

Drama Queen

I don't have the words to back you up right now Justin. This isn't usually a problem for me, but everytime I go to type, I just get bogged down with frustration at people just not getting it, simply because it doesn't apply to them and that it's not something they feel they will ever have to worry about.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Justin on July 08, 2016, 09:25:07 PM
Yes there is black on black crime, white on white crime, etc. But the one thing you should be able to count on is not getting shot by the police for no reason. That's my point I'm trying to make. And you want people to be concerned about ISIS when the police are killing them at home. Fuck ISIS, they trying not get pulled over by the cops because they fear they aren't going to make it home.

But us white people can't fully comprehend  because we don't have to face those issues.

My point is the police are getting shot too, ex. the Georgia police ambush, and it just gets ignored because the police getting shot for reason isn't the same. If a gangbanger shoots a cop, nobody seems to care. If a cop shoots a person of color and they are unarmed everybody loses their minds. My point is the cops are getting shot for no reason too and yet that's apparently not the same thing. Give me a break. We got people sniping cops in Dallas but the cops are killing everybody apparently. There's death squads all over the place. Oh hell, every highway patrol must be Mad Max then going by that attitude. The fear mongers like Al Sharpton are the ones who got that mindset started with their rhetoric. That kind of thinking is causing a lot of the arguing about this issue.

Quote from: Drama Queen on July 08, 2016, 09:34:31 PM
I don't have the words to back you up right now Justin. This isn't usually a problem for me, but everytime I go to type, I just get bogged down with frustration at people just not getting it, simply because it doesn't apply to them and that it's not something they feel they will ever have to worry about.

I'm calling BS on this. I grew up in a gang area for most of my teenage years with Bloods, Crips, Mexican gangs who's names you can't pronounce, etc. and I didn't see any of this police shooting people nonsense. Hell there was a drug bust in the apartment building next to the one I was at if that tells you anything so don't tell me I don't get it because I don't have to worry about. There's police cars all over my area all the time and the area about 1 mile north of here is a gang area. You can back him up all you want but I grew up and have taught in gang areas where none of this stuff is going down in. Some of those areas (specifically one area of North Las Vegas I taught in back in 2011/2012 school year) you can't walk around at night in if that tells you anything. Hell at that area I'm talking about two cops were ambushed and killed while eating lunch by two WHITE people who then were in a shootout with the police inside a Wal-Mart.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/vegas-cop-killers/two-cops-three-others-killed-las-vegas-shooting-spree-n125766

I taught at the elementary school that was in that same high level gang area less than a mile from where this happened. The gangs didn't do this nor was it black men shooting cops or cops shooting black men. My point with this is stop acting like the cops are vigilantes because that mindset is a major part of the damn problem with this issue and reading that one comment is just mind boggling to me. Cops get ambushed a lot too (3 today going by my last count) but no one talks about it. It's not about race, it's about common sense and the mindset of people on both sides of the issue no matter what their race is.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Talon

Quote from: Justin on July 08, 2016, 09:25:07 PM
Fuck ISIS, they trying not get pulled over by the cops because they fear they aren't going home

Every time a law enforcement officer pulls a car over, white, black, male, female, or anything else they also have to fear they aren't going home.

The average gunfight between police and an armed suspect lasts under 3 seconds.  Things happen and move quickly.

Not saying the recent shootings were clean shoots, but I have had to watch many many videos of police officers being shot or shot at before even arriving at the vehicle they have stopped for a legit reason be it a speeding violation or a busted tail light.

As for the sick bastard in South Carolina, he wasn't shot because when he was apprehended he surrendered. Just like the other suspects in Dallas were arrested without incident and if transported near a public gathering of people, they too will have body armor on, because when tempers and emotions boil over you always have to worry about someone going too far and trying to take things into their own hands. 

Earlier in the year here in Central NC, a white guy was killed by police when they approached the wrong house to serve a warrant.  They knocked, he answered, he said they had the wrong house and to go away.  They didn't double check and thought he was covering for the person they were looking for, illegally kicked in his door (no warrant since it was the wrong address) and when he produced a weapon (legally due to this now being a home invasion) he was shot and killed.

There was no mass media coverage, there was no protest.  There was a gofundme account set up by a neighbor and a small story in the local paper.

The cops (one white, one black) resigned, the sheriff stepped down last month without citing this as the reason, and everything moved on without a word going anywhere.

Terrible case, terrible story, and while it doesn't make anything better for the two men killed this week (which until I see all the facts, I am not calling them murders or clean shoots) but it is an example of a police shooting that was not made into a media circus.  I don't know why, because there was no way to paint it as a clean shoot, but it happened. 

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Justin

And I can respect that they are putting their life on the line every day they go to work. I have an uncle thathe used to be a homicide detective so by no means am I putting cops down. But they have the upper hand b3cause they are the authority and they have the badge. As far as Roof...ok he surrendered but the man selling cds was leaning up against the car bothering nobody before he was attacked.

Again, I'm not saying all police are bad because I understand the sacrifice. I'm more concerned with th3 people who disregard the life of a minority cause it doesn't hit home. If you don't mind Talon, I will use you as an example. In no way what I'm about to say do I think is indicative of how you think (and correct memail if I'm wrong) but I don't recall you posting on Facebook about wither black man being murdered but as soon as the Dallas thing happened you posted your support, but that's because it hit home for you because of your background in LE. But you didn't speak up about the unjust killing of the two black men. (I didn't search your page just my timeline.)

Talon

Quote from: Justin on July 08, 2016, 10:29:48 PM
And I can respect that they are putting their life on the line every day they go to work. I have an uncle thathe used to be a homicide detective so by no means am I putting cops down. But they have the upper hand b3cause they are the authority and they have the badge. As far as Roof...ok he surrendered but the man selling cds was leaning up against the car bothering nobody before he was attacked.

Again, I'm not saying all police are bad because I understand the sacrifice. I'm more concerned with th3 people who disregard the life of a minority cause it doesn't hit home. If you don't mind Talon, I will use you as an example. In no way what I'm about to say do I think is indicative of how you think (and correct memail if I'm wrong) but I don't recall you posting on Facebook about wither black man being murdered but as soon as the Dallas thing happened you posted your support, but that's because it hit home for you because of your background in LE. But you didn't speak up about the unjust killing of the two black men. (I didn't search your page just my timeline.)

I saw the Dallas officers get shot on my TV, Live.

I did not see anything outside of a facebook video of the LA shooting, haven't seen the other one at all.

I don't comment on anything without having enough info to feel informed, because I hate saying "I can't believe this happened" and then weeks later having to say "well fuck, he was wrong, they were right." 

That goes for anything.  I don't post any of my politics on my feed either, just pictures of my son and the occasional meme, until football season comes around.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Justin

Fair enough but considering the Dallas thing is directlyinked to the murder of two black men I think you crossed into politics.

But if you've seen the LA video and  don't think anything is wrong then Im deeply concerned.

Justin

And congratulations on Bruce being four months.

Knuckles

media conglomerates seriously need to stop this bias bullshit and start doing their jobs of reporting the news as opposed to wats just a hot button issue today sorta thing.....

its pathetic :(

The Refreshing drink....