News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Dallas

Started by Ty, July 07, 2016, 11:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravedigger

I doubt that the killings and race really motivated the shooter. Chances are he's a sick motherfucker who saw an opportunity with a crowd gathered, knew cops would be there, and figured "let's go shoot some cops". Same as any other mass shooting fuck head. The reasoning is most likely bullshit beyond their psyche is warped and they wanted to kill. They are serial killers, and this is their method of choice.

As for the race thing, it's hard for me to comment growing up in one of the whitest places on Earth, but until all sides of the issues are willing to step back and think about how to solve the issues then this shit will continue. It also needs to be put out there that split second judgments are tough, and with LEOs the consequences can be deadly. It doesn't mean they are racists for their actions. It also doesn't mean they're not. Like anywhere in life there are bad apples. If the good ones would stand up to the shitheads, just like regular citizens should step up and take a stance against the criminals in their area that create these issues where cops have to make these life or death decisions, then maybe we can start to end this never ending bullshit...

Mike Powers

Quote from: Justin on July 08, 2016, 07:52:04 PM
And that's a simple minded approach. Am I saying all cops are bad? Absolutely not! But the fact remains that their is systemic racial issue with the justice system and the killing of unarmed or innocent black men is becoming an epidemic.

My issue with you is your narrow mindedness over this issue. KILLNG in America is an epidemic. Not cops on blacks, not whites on blacks, not blacks on blacks.....killing PERIOD.

I understand where you're coming from, I really do. It is very easy when an issue hits close to home for blinders to form. The media LOVES to report about Cop on Black shootings disproportionately to Cops on ______ shootings. That is what makes it seem like it is an epidemic. Going by news reports, you'd think that every white person in this country drives a Lexus, wipes their ass with $100 bills, and rests their head on a pillow made from unicorn fur every night, while black people are systematically targeted at every turn, and murdered for daring to exist.

I understand that there have been a lot of bad shootings by cops. But, are we really ready to say that law enforcement as a whole is racist? I'd argue that law enforcement is LESS racist now than it has been in years. Take a look at LA's sordid police history in the 60's and 70's. THAT was a systematically corrupt, racist system. Can they really be compared?

We live in a social media, technologically savvy age. Cameras are everywhere. Don't let confirmation bias fool you. Just because a group of people flood the Internet with their cause, and just because Brian Williams shows a cell phone video on the Nightly News, that doesn't mean you've seen the whole story. It's just the tip of an enormous iceberg.

America has a violence problem. Combine that with easy access to guns and.....well, we can see the results of that pretty easily.

Justin

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 09, 2016, 12:24:43 AM
My issue with you is your narrow mindedness over this issue. KILLNG in America is an epidemic. Not cops on blacks, not whites on blacks, not blacks on blacks.....killing PERIOD.

I understand where you're coming from, I really do. It is very easy when an issue hits close to home for blinders to form. The media LOVES to report about Cop on Black shootings disproportionately to Cops on ______ shootings. That is what makes it seem like it is an epidemic. Going by news reports, you'd think that every white person in this country drives a Lexus, wipes their ass with $100 bills, and rests their head on a pillow made from unicorn fur every night, while black people are systematically targeted at every turn, and murdered for daring to exist.

I understand that there have been a lot of bad shootings by cops. But, are we really ready to say that law enforcement as a whole is racist? I'd argue that law enforcement is LESS racist now than it has been in years. Take a look at LA's sordid police history in the 60's and 70's. THAT was a systematically corrupt, racist system. Can they really be compared?

We live in a social media, technologically savvy age. Cameras are everywhere. Don't let confirmation bias fool you. Just because a group of people flood the Internet with their cause, and just because Brian Williams shows a cell phone video on the Nightly News, that doesn't mean you've seen the whole story. It's just the tip of an enormous iceberg.

America has a violence problem. Combine that with easy access to guns and.....well, we can see the results of that pretty easily.

The  media will always publish something bad before they publish something good. I get it.  There is a school in Detroit that 100% of students, which happen to be black, graduated and are going to college.  Did we here much about it, other than a five minute segment? Absolutely not.  So, yes, I do blame the 24hr media cycle for part of what we have been dealing with.  Are the police force less racist than the 60s and 70s.....honestly Mike I can argue that all day.  The police...especially in the last week have proved that America as a whole has a problem with the way we perceive black people.  If you don't agree...then I implore you to review the two killings by police again (if you have not already).  As I have maintained before...I do not believe all police to be  bad.....far from it.  There are a lot of men and women who wear the badge that serve our communities admirably.  However, the number of police killings of innocent and/or unarmed black men are happening at an alarming rate.  My main issue is that the majority of white people don't fully recognize what is happening unless it is happening to one of us...alas, the shooting of 5 white officers.  Again, I go back to the Talon example. And forgive me, for I am not singling him out, but it makes my point.  Two men, which he saw the LA shooting..in which I don't care what anyone says..that killing was unjustified, and if you believe it was then you are a flat out racist, killed a black man for selling cds on the sidewalk in front of a business in which he had permission...yet he was tackled, strangled, and then shot to death...because of what?  He was black and the police feared for their life because of the color of his skin???? A majority of people didn't speak up.  But as soon as the killing of five white officers happens...then everyone posts #prayfordallas etc...but yet they were no where to be heard when two black men died at the hands of the police for no reason.

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 08, 2016, 08:46:45 PM
I'm gonna go off about this issue big time. Number one there's WAY more black on black violence then cop on black men violence. That's something that you seem to be ignoring.

James...you are missing the point.  Black on black violence is one thing and is definitely something that needs to be dealt with.  But the unjustified killing of black men solely based on the color of their skin by the POLICE is an absolute atrocity!!!! 

If you don't agree...then unfortunately I will categorize you as part of the race problem in Amerikkka..and that is coming from a white man.

Mike Powers

They were nowhere to be heard??? Have you already forgotten that the entire reason there was a Dallas shooting is because they were having a peaceful demonstration because of the two recent incidents? Just like the dozens of other protests around the nation that occurred prior to the Dallas shooting?

All due respect Justin, but it's beginning to sound more and more like you aren't interested in a discussion, but more in getting people to agree with you because your mind is already made up.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Justin on July 09, 2016, 01:41:29 AM
James...you are missing the point.  Black on black violence is one thing and is definitely something that needs to be dealt with.  But the unjustified killing of black men solely based on the color of their skin by the POLICE is an absolute atrocity!!!! 

You want to talk about an atrocity, making the cops a scapegoat for problems that have been going for YEARS is something I will continue to disagree with you about. It was not based on the color of his skin! Don't even start with that stuff. Excessive force isn't just about skin color.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-video-shooting-dylan-noble-20160707-snap-story.html

Watch that. That's a WHITE MAN who was shot by the cops in Fresno. That happened a few days ago. What do you have to say about that? And wasn't the Dallas shooting based on the color of the skin of the people the shooter was doing? You can't have it just one sided on the issue of race which is what I have a problem with. Too much of this "it was done because of his race" stuff for my taste. The people screaming about that stuff are a bigger problem than the police. The rate we're going it'll martial law or kangaroo courts taking over more sooner than later.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/13/the-gruesome-story-of-a-murdered-tennessee-couple-you-may-have-never-heard-about-but-that-you-will-never-forget/

What about this rape, torture, and murder of a couple, Justin? That was based on skin color but it's the other way around. Where were the protests about that? Oh, that's right. There were none and this was more vicious than what people are protesting about. Rape, torture, murder...that is something that you need to think about real clear. Because this is one of the most vicious crimes I've ever heard about and yet it didn't get much media coverage despite the high level of violence involved in it.

Quote from: Justin on July 09, 2016, 01:41:29 AM
If you don't agree...then unfortunately I will categorize you as part of the race problem in Amerikkka..and that is coming from a white man.

Actually you are part of the race problem in this country with the stuff you're saying and instigating with stuff like "Amerikkka." The people causing the problem are the ones yelling about it the most. Case in point, the protests in Phoenix right now.

http://www.12news.com/news/local/valley/phoenix-police-shooting-protest-to-go-on-as-planned/268162343

The protesters, who are making the movement look bad with things like this, were trying to march on the freeway and were throwing things at police. But OF COURSE the police are the bad guys because they pepper sprayed them. But that's how it is in Amerikkka according to you. The police are the "bad guys" and the protesters are the "good guys." I'm calling it like I see it. There's people on both sides who are full of shit and the people on both sides who are full of shit are the ones causing all the damn problems.

You can categorize me as part of the problem all you want and I'm going to do the same thing to you going by what I'm seeing on here especially after saying "Amerikkka" after lumping me in with the "problem people." I tell it like it is and if you don't like it, it ain't going to stop me from calling out BS when I see it.

Quote from: Justin on July 08, 2016, 10:29:48 PM
And I can respect that they are putting their life on the line every day they go to work. I have an uncle thathe used to be a homicide detective so by no means am I putting cops down. But they have the upper hand b3cause they are the authority and they have the badge. As far as Roof...ok he surrendered but the man selling cds was leaning up against the car bothering nobody before he was attacked.

Again, I'm not saying all police are bad because I understand the sacrifice. I'm more concerned with th3 people who disregard the life of a minority cause it doesn't hit home. If you don't mind Talon, I will use you as an example. In no way what I'm about to say do I think is indicative of how you think (and correct memail if I'm wrong) but I don't recall you posting on Facebook about wither black man being murdered but as soon as the Dallas thing happened you posted your support, but that's because it hit home for you because of your background in LE. But you didn't speak up about the unjust killing of the two black men. (I didn't search your page just my timeline.)

They have the upperhand? Baloney. The police are more hated than they've ever been and it's a high danger job that's gets less and less respect each month. He was attacked? The video only shows the shooting and it's clearly heard that "He's got a gun" on it. I haven't seen a video with what happened before that took place, meaning before he was taken to the ground when the video started. And what does it matter about what Talon posted? People aren't going to post about every incident. I post a lot on Facebook about social issues and I'm fed up with some of the anti-police stuff I'm seeing. There's people posting very hateful things yet it's okay if they do it but if someone disagrees with them, they're a racist. That's the kind of attitude that's causing the damn problem and I'm seeing it a lot.

You're concerned about the people who disregard the life of a minority? PLEASE. Black Lives Matter only focuses on one minority group. What Latino lives, or Asian lives, or LGBT lives? How about all lives matter? Because all I'm seeing is the focus on one group instead of unity among all racial groups and the Black Lives Matter people are the ones causing the bulk of the issues as it relates to all of this. Blocking freeways is a good way to get yourself killed. I find it atrocious how the deaths of the Orlando Shooting victims are overshadowed just so one movement can continue to get their propaganda out there because of two deaths when 50 people, who were a LGBT which is another minority group, were murdered just a month earlier. LGBT was the targeted group in the Orlando nightclub shooting. Where were the protests about those killings? There were more people killed in that one instance than the number of people killed by police that they are protesting. ALL LIVES MATTER, that's where we're having the disconnect. You're focusing on one group, I'm focusing on all groups.

Quote from: Knuckles on July 08, 2016, 10:49:54 PM
media conglomerates seriously need to stop this bias bullshit and start doing their jobs of reporting the news as opposed to wats just a hot button issue today sorta thing.....

its pathetic :(

YES! This is the truth, 100%. The media is a HUGE part of the problem.

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Mike..you are a white man, just like me.  We will never understand what it's like to be pulled over by the police because we are black.  I have experienced it first hand with my father-in-law.  It is absolutely ridiculous the ridicule black men face when it comes to the police.  You will never understand because it will never hit home for you because you are a white man.  However,  (and please forgive me if I'm wrong), but I believe you have step-children....  I wholeheartedly believe you would be singing a different tune if your step child was in the car with a black male or female and a police officer acted a certain way.  Again..it goes back to my example with Talon.  He saw the video with the officers in LA, but didn't post anything, but with the cops in Dallas he did...because it hit home.  Maybe I have a different vantage point being married to a black woman and my child being bi-racial in which she will be accepted by society as a black woman...but if you're child was in the same predicament as Philandro Castile's girlfriend you would be crying foul until the sun came up.  But because it does not directly deal with you, it's just another death of a black person by the hand of the police and as a society we sweep it under the rug..especially with the shootings in Dallas.  Again, I am not condoning what happened in Dallas, but as a race, we white people continue to act as if race is not the underlying issue in the justice system and act as if these killings are an anomaly when they are becoming the status quo.  Fact is you and I can forever go home at night after a routine traffic stop because we are white, but a black man...or heaven forbid my wife and daughter get pulled over because of the color of their skin I have to worry when I get a text that they got pulled over whether they will come home that night.

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 09, 2016, 03:04:36 AM
You want to talk about an atrocity, making the cops a scapegoat for problems that have been going for YEARS is something I will continue to disagree with you about. It was not based on the color of his skin! Don't even start with that stuff. Excessive force isn't just about skin color.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-video-shooting-dylan-noble-20160707-snap-story.html

Watch that. That's a WHITE MAN who was shot by the cops in Fresno. That happened a few days ago. What do you have to say about that? And wasn't the Dallas shooting based on the color of the skin of the people the shooter was doing? You can't have it just one sided on the issue of race which is what I have a problem with. Too much of this "it was done because of his race" stuff for my taste. The people screaming about that stuff are a bigger problem than the police. The rate we're going it'll martial law or kangaroo courts taking over more sooner than later.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/13/the-gruesome-story-of-a-murdered-tennessee-couple-you-may-have-never-heard-about-but-that-you-will-never-forget/

What about this rape, torture, and murder of a couple, Justin? That was based on skin color but it's the other way around. Where were the protests about that? Oh, that's right. There were none and this was more vicious than what people are protesting about. Rape, torture, murder...that is something that you need to think about real clear. Because this is one of the most vicious crimes I've ever heard about and yet it didn't get much media coverage despite the high level of violence involved in it.

Actually you are part of the race problem in this country with the stuff you're saying and instigating with stuff like "Amerikkka." The people causing the problem are the ones yelling about it the most. Case in point, the protests in Phoenix right now.

http://www.12news.com/news/local/valley/phoenix-police-shooting-protest-to-go-on-as-planned/268162343

The protesters, who are making the movement look bad with things like this, were trying to march on the freeway and were throwing things at police. But OF COURSE the police are the bad guys because they pepper sprayed them. But that's how it is in Amerikkka according to you. The police are the "bad guys" and the protesters are the "good guys." I'm calling it like I see it. There's people on both sides who are full of shit and the people on both sides who are full of shit are the ones causing all the damn problems.

You can categorize me as part of the problem all you want and I'm going to do the same thing to you going by what I'm seeing on here especially after saying "Amerikkka" after lumping me in with the "problem people." I tell it like it is and if you don't like it, it ain't going to stop me from calling out BS when I see it.

They have the upperhand? Baloney. The police are more hated than they've ever been and it's a high danger job that's gets less and less respect each month. He was attacked? The video only shows the shooting and it's clearly heard that "He's got a gun" on it. I haven't seen a video with what happened before that took place, meaning before he was taken to the ground when the video started. And what does it matter about what Talon posted? People aren't going to post about every incident. I post a lot on Facebook about social issues and I'm fed up with some of the anti-police stuff I'm seeing. There's people posting very hateful things yet it's okay if they do it but if someone disagrees with them, they're a racist. That's the kind of attitude that's causing the damn problem and I'm seeing it a lot.

You're concerned about the people who disregard the life of a minority? PLEASE. Black Lives Matter only focuses on one minority group. What Latino lives, or Asian lives, or LGBT lives? How about all lives matter? Because all I'm seeing is the focus on one group instead of unity among all racial groups and the Black Lives Matter people are the ones causing the bulk of the issues as it relates to all of this. Blocking freeways is a good way to get yourself killed. I find it atrocious how the deaths of the Orlando Shooting victims are overshadowed just so one movement can continue to get their propaganda out there because of two deaths when 50 people, who were a LGBT which is another minority group, were murdered just a month earlier. LGBT was the targeted group in the Orlando nightclub shooting. Where were the protests about those killings? There were more people killed in that one instance than the number of people killed by police that they are protesting. ALL LIVES MATTER, that's where we're having the disconnect. You're focusing on one group, I'm focusing on all groups.

YES! This is the truth, 100%. The media is a HUGE part of the problem.

Oh James...have you forgotten about Rodney King? The black men that have been sentenced to ten times harsher sentences than white men for the exact same crime?  Again, I'm not pinpointing Talon, but his social media post makes my point.  The fact of the matter is the police do have a problem against the black race as do society.  Again, I'm not saying all cops are bad or every incident is white cop on black man.  I'm not being literal in that fact, but the fact is that the majority of cops injustice and crime is on black men.  Is a cop killing a white man an unjust crime...but it's not something that happens more often than a cop killing a black man for selling cds in a parking lot.  And for your "he's got a gun argument"...have you seen the video?  The man is leaning against a car.  By the time "he's got a gun" is shouted he's lying down on his stomach, the gun in his back pocket, with two police men forcing him to the ground, not to mention the one that tackled him out of nowhere.  At no point did he ever reach for his gun...the man was just trying to figure out why he was being singled out..especially since the store owner gave him permission to sell the cds. 

Just like Eric Garnder, who was selling cigarettes on the sidewalk in New York.  Okay, the police approach him and say it's illegal, but to tackle him to the ground and choke him to death...that's okay?  Get the fuck out of here man.  James, we are white..we don't have these problems.  Sure, there are incidents that happen to every race, but to sit here as a white man and say that you are just as equally pinpointed in a negative light because of the color of your skin is a complete crock of shit.

There were protests about the Orlando shooting..what are you talking about? Again, just a misguided white person trying to act like the justice system is not a systemic racial issue.

Adam Wrong

Quick thought. If the overarching headline had been "Known sex offender killed by police" rather than "black man" the media response and public outrage would have been very different. If the victim would have been white, you know for a fact that "sex offender" would have been the lead.

The police have a duty and run the risk of dying each and every time they go out.

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2015-11-06/pc-ian-dibell-the-story-of-an-extraordinary-police-officer-who-died-protecting-others/

This was in England. My best friend was the first officer on scene and had to try and help his friend and colleague as he died.

Every day he has to now go out anticipating a repeat of what happened to his friend and colleague. He doesn't have a gun. Yet he does it. Of course cops are on edge. They know people will kill them for sport, they know people don't respect them for the actions of the minority. Let's say that in Baton Rouge, the cop ran his details, the rap sheet came up... resisting arrest, assault, sex offender... then it comes up that he has a gun licence. You are ramping up that fear considerably and all it takes is one negative personal experience and that trigger finger is itchy.

Do not think that this is isolated to black people being the victim. Shouting the loudest makes you heard buy it doesn't make you the sole victim. Franchise is right. The other minorities are also victims and not just on race. Lgbt, Hispanic, Asian and white people all face social injustice. Muslim people are persecuted every day yet people just think ISIS. And still I don't see anyone bleeding their hearts over 250 people in Iraq.

This approach to the issue won't help with marching alone. Want to make a difference? Be the difference. Join the police force and take the opportunity to make a difference. Run as a counsellor

This era of people putting up a flag of the most recent country to experience death. It's moot. It's frustrating. You are doing nothing apart from identifying that you are aware of something that is going on in the world.

There are incredibly erudite people in these marches who could genuinely make a change yet they choose not to. They choose to incite the wrong response. Al Sharpton for example
If more people had taken the Baton from Obama to be a difference then the US wouldn't be choosing between trump and clinton

If more African American and minority people had taken the baton to make positive change instead of just shouting about it and exposing the issue but you see... to identify a problem is easy... to solve it is a whole different beast.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Justin on July 09, 2016, 03:17:25 AM
Oh James...have you forgotten about Rodney King? The black men that have been sentenced to ten times harsher sentences than white men for the exact same crime?  Again, I'm not pinpointing Talon, but his social media post makes my point.  The fact of the matter is the police do have a problem against the black race as do society.  Again, I'm not saying all cops are bad or every incident is white cop on black man.  I'm not being literal in that fact, but the fact is that the majority of cops injustice and crime is on black men.  Is a cop killing a white man an unjust crime...but it's not something that happens more often than a cop killing a black man for selling cds in a parking lot.  And for your "he's got a gun argument"...have you seen the video?  The man is leaning against a car.  By the time "he's got a gun" is shouted he's lying down on his stomach, the gun in his back pocket, with two police men forcing him to the ground, not to mention the one that tackled him out of nowhere.  At no point did he ever reach for his gun...the man was just trying to figure out why he was being singled out..especially since the store owner gave him permission to sell the cds. 

Just like Eric Garnder, who was selling cigarettes on the sidewalk in New York.  Okay, the police approach him and say it's illegal, but to tackle him to the ground and choke him to death...that's okay?  Get the fuck out of here man.  James, we are white..we don't have these problems.  Sure, there are incidents that happen to every race, but to sit here as a white man and say that you are just as equally pinpointed in a negative light because of the color of your skin is a complete crock of shit.

There were protests about the Orlando shooting..what are you talking about? Again, just a misguided white person trying to act like the justice system is not a systemic racial issue.

Wow...just wow. First off Rodney King started riots back in the day. That was an excessive force issue. Where are you getting your statistics from? What are you talking about with this "society has a problem against the black race" stuff? Society has been more tolerant towards minority groups in recent years especially the Millenials age group so I totally disagree with that statement. Hell I've seen more pro-social media posts about this stuff than about Orlando so don't even start with me on this. More white people have been shot by police than blacks in the year 2016.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-08/breakdown-us-citizens-killed-cops-2016

The amount that are Hispanic/Latino is not that far off from the number of blacks. It's not that far of a gap. You're wrong with your majority statement. The a lot of the shootings are related to mental illness which isn't reported. There's more shootings related to that than to race but you're just going to ignore that. Don't even go there with white males being shot more than black males by police this year. I said in the video you can hear someone yell "He has a gun." That's what I'm saying! It's in the video! Listen to the audio if you don't believe me. How do you know why they tackled him? For all you know he was belligerent before that all went down. But then again you're going by what happened at the end not what happened before which only tells part of the story but not the whole story. How do you know he didn't reach for it earlier? The whole point I'm making is we haven't seen what the police body cams to get the whole story. The store owner did give him permission to sell CDs, yes, but they were called there about him for a reason.

I never said choking someone to death was okay. Where in the hell did I say that? PLEASE show me where I said that was okay. Don't be putting words into my mouth like this is a mafia game because I'll rip your argument to shreds if you do, bottom line. We don't have these problems? Well get ready for having these problems because I'm seeing a lot of anti-white stuff recently so don't even come at me with that kind of comment. There's racism on the other side as well and don't deny it. You can call it a crock of shit all you want but it ain't going to change the fact that it's the truth. You might not like it but tough shit, it's happening. The white males and the police are the ones who are getting the heat for this considering the white male cops are the ones who have been involved in the incidents. So don't even come at me with a comment about it being a crock of shit when the shooter in Dallas was targeting cops and white people.

There were protests...by the Westboro Baptist Church, another hate group that are the scum of the Earth along with ISIS. There were also gun law protests but the issue isn't guns, it's mental illness and this racial hate stuff ON BOTH SIDES. Don't even act like some of the pro-Black Lives Matter people aren't spouting off anti-white comments and hatred to fuel the anger. If you do you're fooling yourself and that's the truth. The justice system isn't a systematic racial issue. What the hell are you even talking about? If you truly think that then you're a lost cause and that's the truth. The fact that you're not seeing that BOTH SIDES, not just the side you don't agree with, is fueling the issue is really mind boggling to me.

I'm not misguided, I'm just telling it like it is and calling out BS like I normally do. The misguided person on this issue is you going by what I'm reading on here. ALL LIVES MATTER, period. That's my stance on this.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

Justin, you are correct in that I am white. But please don't think that because I live in Maine now that I have been "whitewashed". I grew up and lived almost 30 years in Phily, in an area where I was the minority. Blacks and Puerto Ricans outnumbered Whites 2:1 where I lived. Also, if we're doing this dick measuring contest, my aunt married a black guy, my 2 cousins are bi-racial, and my stepdaughter has been in a serious relationship with a black man for years now. Have I earned enough "cred" to speak on this matter, or am I still just another clueless white guy?

You say that I'm "sweeping another black death under the rug"? What about all the white death that you are sweeping under the rug? Or the Asian? Or Latino? I've already told you that the statistics show that an equal number of blacks and whites were killed by police in 2015. Does this information not give you pause?

Yes, black lives matter. So do whites. And Asians. And Latinos. And cops. And doctors and cab drivers and fast food workers and......do you get the point? We ALL matter. Stop being part of the divisive sentiment in this country that is focused on one group. Start being a part of the solution by understanding that the senseless violence in this country needs to end regardless of who you are, what color your skin is, how big your bank account is, or any over factor.

I read a lot of detective fiction, and I'd like to quote  author Michael Connelly right now. His characters motto is "Everybody Counts, or Nobody Counts". I couldn't say it better myself.

Black Death

You are all my Brothers

:jointpasssmiley:

:grouphug:
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Talon

Quote from: Justin on July 09, 2016, 01:36:06 AM
Again, I go back to the Talon example. And forgive me, for I am not singling him out, but it makes my point.  Two men, which he saw the LA shooting..in which I don't care what anyone says..that killing was unjustified, and if you believe it was then you are a flat out racist

To say "I don't care what you say..." and "If you don't think _______, then you are racist" makes me feel you are no longer being objective and open minded enough to have this discussion, and I am done.

The Racist label is thrown around too easily and if you are willing to condemn someone based on what you see scrolling by on your timeline, I feel that this is not a conversation worth having anymore.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Talon

Quote from: Black Death on July 09, 2016, 06:10:47 AM
You are all my Brothers

:jointpasssmiley:

:grouphug:

I don't smoke BD, but I'll at least return the hug.  :grouphug:

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Judge

I think we've had enough discussion on this.  I'm going to lock the thread before we all say something we'll regret.